What's new

Reptile...at advantage after EX elbow???

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Can someone with a capture device properly test this? At least judging by using crouch, Reptile visibly enters crouch state faster than the opponent (Tested vs Reptile to ensure same crouching speeds cuz this game's weird like that).

[MENTION=3937]Somberness[/MENTION], can you test this? Because this is kinda handy to know if I'm right. XD

And I was the asshole wasting too much meter :/ I'm loving how the more this game goes into to, people realize things that work, 4 months later but i get criticized for it.. yes EH elbow gives you advantage. It's an amazing tool and it's one of the main things to use to put in extra chip damage on block, that's why I'm able to put it 80% rush down and 20% zone in most of my fights.. I reccomend using this with 122 or 321, the 122 will really stagger them, and then after the EH dash you can go for a 1224, or a 32 INvis 1224 string.... you'll catch the other with out a doubt. Good luck. :D

Teef covered this in one of his videos. You can actually trap someone from doing anything, EX Elbow Dash, D+4 Green Hand. I'm not a really technical guy for MK, but yeah, it's good.

THTB

Thank you Somber.

I never realized this was true. It can be interrupted, but you have to be expecting it for the most part. This explains wtf happened when I played Chris G at SBV and got hit by the slide he did right after I blocked his EX elbow. I went to dash, but I got nailed like wtf? Now it's good to know exactly how tight it is to do anything afterwards.

+5? Omg that's huge.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
And I was the asshole wasting too much meter :/ I'm loving how the more this game goes into to, people realize things that work, 4 months later but i get criticized for it.. yes EH elbow gives you advantage. It's an amazing tool and it's one of the main things to use to put in extra chip damage on block, that's why I'm able to put it 80% rush down and 20% zone in most of my fights.. I reccomend using this with 122 or 321, the 122 will really stagger them, and then after the EH dash you can go for a 1224, or a 32 INvis 1224 string.... you'll catch the other with out a doubt. Good luck. :D
Just because it puts you at advantage doesn't mean that you should just do it every time you get the chance, its no different than 321 putting you at advantage.

Sent from Gotham City via the Batcomputer

Just because it puts you at advantage doesn't mean that you should just do it every time you get the chance, its no different than 321 putting you at advantage.

Sent from Gotham City via the Batcomputer
Why not? I do it everytime I have meter even if it's going to whiff for mindgames.

leek

Noob
Why not? I do it everytime I have meter even if it's going to whiff for mindgames.
Why would you intentionally whiff an EX-dash for, "mindgames"?

All that's setting up for is you not being able to break the impending combo, because you burned a bar of meter for your opponent to think.. "idiot."

THTB

What's gay is you have to be expecting it to counter it, really.

This is weird, its a +5 but your opponent can jump out of it and it would only cost him maybe a hit or none. I feel like reptile is just too slow to continue with this, or this works for people who do not know about this/try to hit you cause they thought its punishable. So a +5 with reptile isnt as significant as JC +5. Not sure if this worth a bar compare to the ex fb.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
This is weird, its a +5 but your opponent can jump out of it and it would only cost him maybe a hit or none. I feel like reptile is just too slow to continue with this, or this works for people who do not know about this/try to hit you cause they thought its punishable. So a +5 with reptile isnt as significant as JC +5. Not sure if this worth a bar compare to the ex fb.
Which is why you use it sparingly, people don't realize that 321 sets up the same scenario. You can also cancel any string into an acid hand and if the acid hand is blocked you also get enough advantage to get an elbow dash you can only jump out of, this is not your only option.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Which is why you use it sparingly, people don't realize that 321 sets up the same scenario. You can also cancel any string into an acid hand and if the acid hand is blocked you also get enough advantage to get an elbow dash you can only jump out of, this is not your only option.
wow, that's scary, hehe .... Reptile = good S tier candidate in future ?

wow, that's scary, hehe .... Reptile = good S tier candidate in future ?
No, He has a few bad match ups. It takes a lot to make it to top tier, that means you have no bad match up or 1-2 semi bad match up.

I dont know about this ex dash in a combo, because if you do this with 321 ex dash. Your opponent could see it coming, i mean its a 3 hits on block

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
No, He has a few bad match ups. It takes a lot to make it to top tier, that means you have no bad match up or 1-2 semi bad match up.

I dont know about this ex dash in a combo, because if you do this with 321 ex dash. Your opponent could see it coming, i mean its a 3 hits on block
No one has been saying to use it in a combo that would be pointless lol. Using 321 ex dash would only be useful as a block string.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
That was what i meant, use it on 321 block string. I should have said pressure, sorry terminology mistake
Oh ok, no problem it's cool, it's no big deal if your opponent sees it coming, they would have to jump out to avoid it if they do all that happens is you lose a bar which isn't good but easy to build back up, but they most likely wouldn't be able to punish if at all. What's is great about using it is because it completely opens up your mix up game, after the ex dash you can do an inescapable dash, a slide, or even an acid hand. The acid hand can be interrupted but if you condition them to block they won't, not to mention the extra dash you get after an acid hand.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
:facepalm:

sigh.....

are you serious? you guys must pay more attention...i understand that part of this IN THE FORUMs, is because it's not that very organized! and i understand that reptile is a very Active forum section.

though come on :S....how come people are not aware of this?

EX dash on block is the SOLE REASON!!! why i waste meter :S

reptile doesnt need X ray.....reptile need EX FB OKI and pressure (or even normal), EX slides and EX dash

Thank you karried for Saying what you said :) makes me happy to see people ARE aware of what i mention :)......i am actually proud ^_^ lol. thank you again

PS: After EX dash, standing 1 and 2 is a good frame baiter and ANTI jumps!
so for examples against jumpers after EX dash, simply 2~ EX FB into combo of choice. or 2~ slide or 2~ Dash for mix ups....etc

3,2,1 is another good frame traper but doesnt work on fast pokes. same goes for cr+4

any other thing, EX dash wins :S

this is ABC reptile....

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Interesting stuff. Thanks for the knowledge

Wouldn't this make d+3 into 321 inescapable?
In escapble if opponent mashed normal attacks or some cases specials....but not Jump !
so cr+3, cr+4 , and cr+1 are all jumpable due to fast active frames on the jump