What's new

Reptile 27% combo off of a grab

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
This isn't going to make reptile that much better imo considering he's already really good but it's a cool trick regardless and a good way to add on extra damage after his BnB. It's going to cost 2 meters to do but it can be worth it at times. The timing is a little tight but with practice it's not that hard. The key is to grab right before the ex ball hits, doesn't matter if it's front or back as long as the ball pops them up after the grab. Then you quick roll asap and ex fast ball. It does use 2 meters but the good thing about this is you are landing 27% into pressure off of something that cant be blocked and you can add in pressure to build meter before you actually grab.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Damn wtf that looks funny lol.

And it's unbreakable too. Cool shit. Are you going to NEC? Hope to practice some Reptile mirror matches there, I think teef is also going.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I knew you could do that setup but had no idea about the combo after LOL. Too sick.

Sent from Gotham City via the Batcomputer

Scoot Magee

you can d+4 acid hand for 19%. I'm sure you can do some other shit too. I'm looking into it.

Slide for 15% works and it's easier to time but not much more damage then throw alone. You can probably d4 slide also.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
This isn't going to make reptile that much better imo considering he's already really good but it's a cool trick regardless and a good way to add on extra damage after his BnB. It's going to cost 2 meters to do but it can be worth it at times. The timing is a little tight but with practice it's not that hard. The key is to grab right before the ex ball hits, doesn't matter if it's front or back as long as the ball pops them up after the grab. Then you quick roll asap and ex fast ball. It does use 2 meters but the good thing about this is you are landing 27% into pressure off of something that cant be blocked and you can add in pressure to build meter before you actually grab.

Very interesting...., but couldn't you do 32 slow ball 321 slide or bf2 into slow ball setup after you catched him with the ex ball?

Scoot Magee

The first slow ball hit's during the throw so you can only get 1 more force ball into the combo without it ending the juggle all together and it has to be a fast ball. I'm not sure what you mean about the other one but you can't do another slow ball in the combo.

I don't think you can get any more damage then what I posted unless you end with a slide or something. Really this is best used after landing his BnB combo and ending with ex slow ball oki because it will land you an extra 19% to 31% after already landing 38%. It helps his pressure game because people will fear the grab when you have a ball behind you.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I tested a little but and after the tech roll you can 32 ffb 321 slide for I think it was 30%

Scoot Magee

So the 32 actually takes damage away and it's harder to land than a raw EN FFB. The range actually varies a lot after the pop up so the 32 wont be that consistent anyway.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So the 32 actually takes damage away and it's harder to land than a raw EN FFB. The range actually varies a lot after the pop up so the 32 wont be that consistent anyway.
Yeah I started to notice that too.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
HAHA!! thats awsm!
i knew bout it and used it rarely, though for a complete different situation! i used to do cr+4~ slide.....haha, the EX FB as launcher! FUCK!! un techable throw setup haha...epic stuff Magee

i wonder if this setup is in corner, can you do 3,2,1~ follow up?
i will look into this! though am in florida now and i will be back soon enuogh...nice find Magee! cant wait to try it out

Scoot Magee

You can do good damage in the corner but 321 is still inconsistent. I believe the range of the grab and the force ball come into play and the only things that hit consistently at all ranges are F+3 1+2, slide, EN FFB and I think D+4.

in fact you can provoke that situation, it have allready happened to me in at least 2 ocations but didnt punish properly. now im aware and offcourse that im gonna use it.

Scoot Magee

This is pretty tough to pull off in an actual match. I felt just going for chip and building meter has been more affective then trying to get the extra damage off of a grab. It's an option no doubt but don't go nuts trying to implement this into your game.