What's new

Strategy REO's new Kabal tactics

Ehh, I would say his only bad matchups are Kabal and Sonya, maybe Liu Kang. But the thing is yeah they are bad matchups, but Cyrax can make a comeback with any given point in the game. Cyrax can have 10% life and his opponent have 100% life and you still can never count Cyrax out, all it takes is one net and a nice reset to even the game up. And his worst matchups are only 4-6, no 3-7's. He's top 5 for sure in my opinion and has been top 5 in my opinion ever since before EVO
imo sektor is his worst matchup, could be 3-7... smoke is rough for him... skarlet potentially... i just feel like cyrax is broken, his rushdown is very good but i dont think that hes top 5 because i actually thinks hes blown up by quite a few characters.

zaf

professor
Oh wait reo did 4 into saw blade?
Best not attack him, hes just gunna armor lol. Good shit reo

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Wow...just wow. Saw's pushback is already a ridiculous property on this move...but the fact that REO found new ways to abuse this is just...wow.

For those who do not know what I'm talking about, do 4 xx saw or spaced b2 xx saw. The space it gives is ridiculous. Both moves have solid range too, and 4 comes out in 9 frames, I believe. This is a fucked up footsies option. Essentially, you're looking at something similar to vanilla SFIV Sagat's s.LK xx low tiger shot.

Really good shit on REO abusing this, and abusing it well.
Been doing b2 saw since ages ago. Really good at stuffing wake ups.

Except you are given a choice vs Sagat. You can choose to stand block highs and lows, and or you can trade with his projectile. Sagat would break the game if his low couldn't be stand blocked, resulting in a knockdown, because he would force you into crouch position(sound familiar?) to guard against it, force you to trade until time runs out, or force you to jump(sound familiar?). Fullscreen mid air projectile, a fullscreen dash special, and a fullscreen projectile that hits low AND does knockdown with health equal to the rest of the cast, and chip on block is the most egregious character design i've ever seen in a fighting game. The only way for NRS to balance 2d MK is to give every character touch of death combos. ggs Reo.

This is not based on sound footing. #1, MK is represented in tournament by the same people regardless. I would venture to guess that if MK tournaments were getting numbers like A.E. or Marvel that you would see the same broken characters, but different high level people using and winning with them. Plus, just because only a certain amount of people from a small pool selection can "Rain Man" the game's design doesn't mean that the design isn't broken.

You can easily recognize who understand fighting games and not just only 1 fighting game.

When you basically compare it to Sagat vanilla except you have to crouch block and it goves you a knockdown...yeah that shit sounds really stupid. Holy crap.