What's new

Strategy REO's new Kabal tactics

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wow...just wow. Saw's pushback is already a ridiculous property on this move...but the fact that REO found new ways to abuse this is just...wow.

For those who do not know what I'm talking about, do 4 xx saw or spaced b2 xx saw. The space it gives is ridiculous. Both moves have solid range too, and 4 comes out in 9 frames, I believe. This is a fucked up footsies option. Essentially, you're looking at something similar to vanilla SFIV Sagat's s.LK xx low tiger shot.

Really good shit on REO abusing this, and abusing it well.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Any character who can do this has a fairly large advantage in footsies.

Maxter uses this with a near fully spaced D3~BuzzSaw with Cyrax. It seems to be guaranteed because of it's speed and hitbox, it's also an overhead making it extra effective.

Pig Of The Hut uses this with Kenshi too iirc. Again, near fully spaced D3~SC.

Any character that has a fast, advancing "projectile" with a decent amount of start-up frame can do this. The two listed above seem to be the best as it though. Good job all 3 of you for further advancing the footsie game in MK9.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Wow...just wow. Saw's pushback is already a ridiculous property on this move...but the fact that REO found new ways to abuse this is just...wow.

For those who do not know what I'm talking about, do 4 xx saw or spaced b2 xx saw. The space it gives is ridiculous. Both moves have solid range too, and 4 comes out in 9 frames, I believe. This is a fucked up footsies option. Essentially, you're looking at something similar to vanilla SFIV Sagat's s.LK xx low tiger shot.

Really good shit on REO abusing this, and abusing it well.
wait you mean he cancels into buzzsaw after these moves? or lets the move finish and buzzsaws? xx means cancel right?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Any character who can do this has a fairly large advantage in footsies.

Maxter uses this with a near fully spaced D3~BuzzSaw with Cyrax. It seems to be guaranteed because of it's speed and hitbox, it's also an overhead making it extra effective.

Pig Of The Hut uses this with Kenshi too iirc. Again, near fully spaced D3~SC.

Any character that has a fast, advancing "projectile" with a decent amount of start-up frame can do this. The two listed above seem to be the best as it though. Good job all 3 of you for further advancing the footsie game in MK9.
Don't forget Jade's d1~staffgrab lol

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
the broken tier's just keeps getting more and more broken, but the low tiers just keep getting suckier and suckier o3o

Those broken tiers are only being represented by the same people everyime, did you see any other Kabals in top 8 or any other multitude of these so called broken characters? It's the players that make them look SUPER good.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Those broken tiers are only being represented by the same people everyime, did you see any other Kabals in top 8 or any other multitude of these so called broken characters? It's the players that make them look SUPER good.
It seemed like their were more Cyrax's then usual. Or maybe they just had more Cyrax players on the stream this time.

It seemed like their were more Cyrax's then usual. Or maybe they just had more Cyrax players on the stream this time.
Just more on stream, Krazy, HAN, and that KH guy, Maxter of course. Regarding top 8, there was one Cyrax, that was Maxter. Lol. We also saw a Liu/Reptile/Mileena top 8. I don't get people sometimes.

THTB

No it wasn't just Cyrax being shown on stream a lot. There were quite a lot of Cyrax players in general. He's such an awesome character, but he's not this 1-net-and-a-dream character people wanna make him out to be. He's got problems in various places and he doesn't skirt by anymore with the barebones basic. But people are finally acknowledging he's up there, so people are using him much more now.

Saint

Noob
No it wasn't just Cyrax being shown on stream a lot. There were quite a lot of Cyrax players in general. He's such an awesome character, but he's not this 1-net-and-a-dream character people wanna make him out to be. He's got problems in various places and he doesn't skirt by anymore with the barebones basic. But people are finally acknowledging he's up there, so people are using him much more now.
Actually, if you do not drop as many combos as Cyrax players did in this tournament, he is THE 1-net-and-a-dream character

THTB

Actually, if you do not drop as many combos as Cyrax players did in this tournament, he is THE 1-net-and-a-dream character
You can't just net and a dream anymore. It absolutely does not work at the top level of play anymore.

Skitzo

Noob
Yeah I've always used b2 saw. f32ndc d3 backdash b2saw is an awesome setup.

The range on b2 is retarded. it's like Cage's b3

You can't just net and a dream anymore. It absolutely does not work at the top level of play anymore.
I don't think it's ever worked.

REO's been using both of these for a while now. B2's great for it's range and it's safer on whiff than f32 or f4. If the opponent blocks B2 saw/overhead though, you're still fucked. Dizzy punished b2 saw. It also doesn't combo.

Skitzo

Noob
THTB

How was he using 4saw in his footsies? Sorry, I didn't get to see those matches. Just a bit curious because 4 whiffs hard on crouch block lol

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I've been saying Cyrax is top 5 months now....... lol people are now finally starting to see :)

THTB

THTB

How was he using 4saw in his footsies? Sorry, I didn't get to see those matches. Just a bit curious because 4 whiffs hard on crouch block lol
He would do it to end his NDC pressure if he wants to initiate a jump range game.

coolwhip

Noob
Just more on stream, Krazy, HAN, and that KH guy, Maxter of course. Regarding top 8, there was one Cyrax, that was Maxter. Lol. We also saw a Liu/Reptile/Mileena top 8. I don't get people sometimes.
There was Denzel in top 8 as well, who played mainly Cyrax.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
i dont think he is, i think he has quite a few bad matchups, sektor, liu kang... kabal... sonya
Ehh, I would say his only bad matchups are Kabal and Sonya, maybe Liu Kang. But the thing is yeah they are bad matchups, but Cyrax can make a comeback with any given point in the game. Cyrax can have 10% life and his opponent have 100% life and you still can never count Cyrax out, all it takes is one net and a nice reset to even the game up. And his worst matchups are only 4-6, no 3-7's. He's top 5 for sure in my opinion and has been top 5 in my opinion ever since before EVO