What's new

REO would like to know...

Which roster looks more impressive to you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I'm not trolling or talking shit. I'm just saying After watching the best Kitana players, It's obvious to me at least CD is the best.
How can that be obvious to you? I may be wrong, but I think that 16 bit has a more technical Kitana but I would never say for sure until the two had played. I haven't seen Konqrr play for a long time so i have no idea what he's doing with his kitana, but i'll bet it's pretty nasty.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'm not trolling or talking shit. I'm just saying After watching the best Kitana players, It's obvious to me at least CD is the best.
Saying CD has the best Kitana is highly subjective. I think Osu plays an ideal Kitana but perhaps needs to rush down more vs a character like Raiden.

If there is any factual statement you can make about VSM, it is that they most likely have the best player in the world in CD Jr.

pherleece

Woolay
Doesn't mean online players are crap, but you can't really say how good someone is unless you fight offline, which by the way is exactly what they player you're refering to did. He proved himself. So you should go out and do so as well, or STFU. Trust me, I've lost enough to lag tactics to know not to take online too seriously.
CURBOLICOUS yeah man drop it cause you gotta just show up and shup up until then. and this thread isnt about you

16 bit and Konqrr are excellent kitana players. I don't know that CD has a better kitana. Also, man, Foxy, Mustard and Glue all have brilliant versions of some of those characters you mention. Mustard beats super high level players with Cyrax without the resets. Point is, you cannot say so and so has the best this or that in the world when the MK community is geographically separated and cannot compete with each other regularly.
we all know this already. it is the most obvious thing. people from the UK need to stop saying this. when people say VS the world is just taken out of context sometimes

Also, I heard a rumor that team Reo isn't coming to FR. Which would mean Team 16bit wins by default.
That is ridiculous! If Team VSM challenged challanged Team 16 bit to Winter Brawl, most likey they wouldnt come cause FR is 2 weeks away. If Team VSM cant make it to Final Round, its beacuse we all have jobs and have our personal lives that we all had to put on hold to go to Winterbrawl and some people just dont have enough money. Even though I wouldnt be on Team Vsm, if i was a top player and was just as good as CD Jr, i still wouldnt be able to go to Final Round cause of work. Jobs dont care about Mortal Kombat lol

Tolkeen

/wrists
CURBOLICOUS

That is ridiculous! If Team VSM challenged challanged Team 16 bit to Winter Brawl, most likey they wouldnt come cause FR is 2 weeks away. If Team VSM cant make it to Final Round, its beacuse we all have jobs and have our personal lives that we all had to put on hold to go to Winterbrawl and some people just dont have enough money. Even though I wouldnt be on Team Vsm, if i was a top player and was just as good as CD Jr, i still wouldnt be able to go to Final Round cause of work. Jobs dont care about Mortal Kombat lol
If you agree to a contest, and then are unable to make said contest, then you forfeit the aforementioned contest. I don't even know if it's true, I'm just stating the rules of bets, wagers, and competitions.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Who is playing cyrax better than maxter in tournaments?
In America, I see your point, worldwide, I'd have to say Mustard because he stays with Cyrax even without resets. I know Maxter is a good player, I just think the statement "person" = "character" is a pretty hefty one to throw around.

pherleece

Woolay
If you agree to a contest, and then are unable to make said contest, then you forfeit the aforementioned contest. I don't even know if it's true, I'm just stating the rules of bets, wagers, and competitions.
so your saying that if Team VSM cant make it because not everyone has enough money to travel to FR, get a room there, get food for the whole event, that they should mail their money to Team 16 Bit? Shit happens... Life happens...its called re-scheduling.. if they say they gonna be there and on the day of the match they dont show up and are no where to be found.. then you may be right.. but your not

Tolkeen

/wrists
so your saying that if Team VSM cant make it because not everyone has enough money to travel to FR, get a room there, get food for the whole event, that they should mail their money to Team 16 Bit? Shit happens... Life happens...its called re-scheduling.. if they say they gonna be there and on the day of the match they dont show up and are no where to be found.. then you may be right.. but your not
I'm not saying that any money has to trade hands, I'm just saying if you OPENLY promote an event that you have accepted part in, and get the entire community interested in, and then you back out. It's a forfeit. It's a really simple concept, if you can't make it, you can't win, so it's a loss. It's the exact same way in any sport, if you schedule a contest and one of the teams backs out, you count it as a win.

I don't believe that there was money on the line, but if there was that wasn't the point of the competition anyways. The point was to attempt to prove a point to the VSM group and the community in general that not all the best players are in NY. If VSM can't make it they lose by forfeiture, but I'm sure no one expects them to pay anything.

Tolkeen

/wrists
its not backing out. shit happens.
This argument is silly, it's up to the parties how they would like to continue, but I wouldn't be surprised if 16Bit started saying that VSM didn't show up because they were scared.
It would be trolling obviously, and justified since CDjr attempts to troll 16 bit every time someone hands him a microphone.

I also couldn't help myself...

back out
1. To withdraw from something before completion. (check)
2. To fail to keep a commitment or promise. (double check)

Noob
I am closing this thread after this post because this is getting out of hand.

First and foremost, I, along with Dark Rob FOUNDED VSM, so I'm sure that there are those of you who will think I'm being biased, but make no mistake, what I am about to say goes for everyone, not just the VSM team.

I cannot make it to Final Round. I have NEVER said that I was committed to going to FR. I said I wanted to, I said I would try, but in the last few weeks I have been letting people know that it is likely not going to happen for me. It is 2 weeks after a major NE tournament in which I spent $500 on a hotel room, not including travel fees, food, and anything else I chose to buy. Unfortunately, I have to monetarily recuperate from Winter Brawl and won't be able to go to Final Round.

Now, with regards to ANY players traveling. Its great when people can make it to different parts of the country. Its great when Tim Static comes to NY for a NE major and when Detroit comes here as well. Same as it being great when we basically packed up the ENTIRE VSM TEAM and drove to Ohio for Seasons Beatings Velocity. Or when REO traveled to Devastation. There is, however ZERO OBLIGATION for any player, low, mid or top, to travel to any tournaments outside of his/her area...as long as they are going to tournaments.

See, the fundamental difference is that in the NE, we are fortunate enough to have 5 majors available to us, 6 if you include Season's Beatings.

1. Winter Brawl
2. East Coast Throwdown
3. Summer Jam
4. NEC
5. Apex
6. Seasons Beatings

Now, 4 of these are majors that players can get EVO points at.

Without being disrespectful to the MW and WC and Southern players, keep in mind that you are in a situation where you have to travel more often, and further distances to go to majors to acquire EVO points than the NE players do. That, however is not the fault of the NE players. The NE players are fortunate enough to be able to rack up EVO points in their backyard. You can't blame them for choosing to spend their money wisely...just as you couldn't blame ANY player for choosing to spend his/her money wisely.

With regards to Final Round. Once again, no player is obligated to go to tournaments outside their area to earn EVO points. Just because 16bit and Konqrr are going, doesn't mean that CDJr, CD, Maxter, REO, Detroit, Morty, Krayzie are obligated to go. Pig is basically that area's top player, and he's running the event, and it's in his back yard so it's obvious he'll be there. 16bit and Konqrr aren't obligated to go either. Hell, m2dave is arguably one of Ohio's top players, but I haven't seen him at a NE major(you know I mean no disrespect, Dave, just making a point).

Get off of it already. NOBODY HAS TO GO TO ANY TOURNAMENT OUTSIDE THEIR AREA TO PROVE ANYTHING. Anyone can call anyone out, but that doesn't negate what I just said.

You want to prove something at a tournament that all top players are expected to be at? Get to EVO and record some money matches.

pherleece

Woolay
This argument is silly, it's up to the parties how they would like to continue, but I wouldn't be surprised if 16Bit started saying that VSM didn't show up because they were scared.
It would be trolling obviously, and justified since CDjr attempts to troll 16 bit every time someone hands him a microphone.

I also couldn't help myself...

back out
1. To withdraw from something before completion. (check)
2. To fail to keep a commitment or promise. (double check)
yeah its all hypothetical anyways. i just think it should be taken into consideration that Team VSM just went to a major and everyone else on team 16 Bit hasnt. people would understand if they were in the same situation.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
CURBOLICOUS You're definitely a good and knowledgeable player. But that doesn't give you the right to disrespect tournament players just because you don't think they're good. Imagine the perspective of these players. Some online player who doesn't go to tournaments to prove he's as good as he says he is, is going around talking shit about tournament players. It doesn't matter if you're the best online player who ever lived, you can't prove who's better online, it's an impossibility. You could also be the best offline player in the world, but you can't just say you're the best, you have to prove it. I know you online only players think you deserve recognition, and you do, it just will never come via online play. Once you go to an offline tournament to prove yourself, that's when your skills will be realized.

Having said that, I don't care how good you are, you could be the best player who ever lived... but if you act like an immature douche bag about it, no one will ever want to give you the props you think you deserve.

EDIT: Sorry Phil, didn't see your post. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.