What's new

Reminder: NetherRealm Studios going live with Brutality Stream in 30 minutes!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wow. I just noticed at 40:48 when Ermac did the fireball into Brutality, Scorpion had a lot of health left. Clearly more health than the attack and pop up would have been.

I hope it's tweaked to "near death" situations only. I don't know how I would feel about being killed with 18% of my health left...

MK Led

Umbasa
Wow. I just noticed at 40:48 when Ermac did the fireball into Brutality, Scorpion had a lot of health left. Clearly more health than the attack and pop up would have been.

I hope it's tweaked to "near death" situations only. I don't know how I would feel about being killed with 18% of my health left...
In the stream they actually said brutality moves do no more damage than the normal version of the move

Tell me about it man... either that or the conditions must involve some big risk.

I take it maybe the programmers implemented damage recognition for the last move performed and if it meets or exceeds the damage value necessary for health depletion, the brutality animation is played out instead. Maybe this is the reason there are over a 100 brutalities.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Tell me about it man... either that or the conditions must involve some big risk.

I take it maybe the programmers implemented damage recognition for the last move performed and if it meets or exceeds the damage value necessary for health depletion, the brutality animation is played out instead. Maybe this is the reason there are over a 100 brutalities.
Yea you're probably right. The blast made the damage go into the Brutality "range" and then it happens.

Knowing this I really hope it is dependent on meeting tough conditions. I like the idea behind it, but I'm not looking forward to being ripped up with so much health remaining unless someone really earned it somehow.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
In the stream they actually said brutality moves do no more damage than the normal version of the move
That doesn't make sense though. Earlier in their fight Tyler did the same soul ball to pop up and looking at the damage it took like 10%. But at 40:48 Ermac does the same two moves that turn into a Brutality that took around 17-19% total health. The same move, soul ball to pop up.

The only thing I can think of is that the soul ball to pop up took around 10% or so, but that 10% lowered the health to "Brutality range" and then it kicked in and finished the rest of the life bar with it. Now that I don't like.

It should be how they showed it earlier in the stream. Life bar blinking low health before the action can be performed. Not what Ermac did in the second fight.

Bronson

Noob
Guys, ^^^ its all good. Let's just support MK X and each other despite our differences.

Reptile 4 Life
Thanks for pointing that out. I don't remember hearing that.
Anyone else notice
Yea you're probably right. The blast made the damage go into the Brutality "range" and then it happens.

Knowing this I really hope it is dependent on meeting tough conditions. I like the idea behind it, but I'm not looking forward to being ripped up with so much health remaining unless someone really earned it somehow.
I noticed Devorah did some pretty big damage going inter her brutality. Was somewhat surprised how a move would happen and boom over from brutality. Feels weird how they were so quick compared to classics. I did love Cassies and Laos face mash punching

one thing i don't understand. if i'm willing to end the round with a fatality, but last hit was some special move which triggered brutality, will i not have the ability to finish the opponent in other way?

VOR

Noob
Wasn't really liking Ermac's design up until today. Looking good now. I feel like they made some tweaks to his movement.

BRUTALITY

Banned
Don't...
Just... don't.

That guy always re-uploads content from the internet and uses it to make money on Youtube. It's disgusting.

Wait for NRS to upload the video on Youtube themselves and meanwhile you can link the twitch archive.
sounds like a smart guy doing the community a favour

Kokoko

Somehow
one thing i don't understand. if i'm willing to end the round with a fatality, but last hit was some special move which triggered brutality, will i not have the ability to finish the opponent in other way?
I don't think so. That would be foolish. Probably, you will need to press an additional button to activate Brutality. May use an enhanced version.
Promised to tell in the near future.

MK Led

Umbasa
That doesn't make sense though. Earlier in their fight Tyler did the same soul ball to pop up and looking at the damage it took like 10%. But at 40:48 Ermac does the same two moves that turn into a Brutality that took around 17-19% total health. The same move, soul ball to pop up.

The only thing I can think of is that the soul ball to pop up took around 10% or so, but that 10% lowered the health to "Brutality range" and then it kicked in and finished the rest of the life bar with it. Now that I don't like.

It should be how they showed it earlier in the stream. Life bar blinking low health before the action can be performed. Not what Ermac did in the second fight.
Well this is a demo version to show off brutalities, I'm sure they meant what they said about the moves doing the same damage, its not like NRS to make the endgame gore actually effect the gameplay.

Decay

King of the Bill
Something I wonder about: will the game interrupt your match winning combo or are you allowed to continue the combo after the opponent's health bar is depleted. The reason I ask is because it would be way cooler if you can swag a long combo sort of like an ultra combo, and then end it with the brutality when you're done. Otherwise, you'd have to look at your opponent's health bar and try to end it exactly with the move that triggers the brutality and hope you did enough damage with the damage scaling in tact, to kill on the last hit.

Another thing I noticed when Derek and Tyler were playing each other was that they both hit each other with a neutral jump 1 and the hit traded at the beginning of the round. The meter reward was not given to any player. Then, Tyler teleport punched as ermac and got a clean hit on Derek, and he was given the meter. I think this is awesome because it's less random. From no hit trades in mk9 to hit trades and random meter award in injustice, mkx seems to get it right. Good job NRS.
Me and @DarthArma have had the hit trade conversation many many times

I'm really hoping once you meet the requirements the activation is just landing the move and not some special brutality command. I do like the idea of having to unlock them, but if its gonna be one of those just keep guessing until you find the random button combination I'm just not going to bother.
I'M sure is a mix of ultra/ultimate from KI and Toasty Boost. I mean, if you perform the move and then you have some frames to activate the Brutality with a command.
Don't worry I'll find all these commands day 1 :)

Something I wonder about: will the game interrupt your match winning combo or are you allowed to continue the combo after the opponent's health bar is depleted. The reason I ask is because it would be way cooler if you can swag a long combo sort of like an ultra combo, and then end it with the brutality when you're done. Otherwise, you'd have to look at your opponent's health bar and try to end it exactly with the move that triggers the brutality and hope you did enough damage with the damage scaling in tact, to kill on the last hit.

Another thing I noticed when Derek and Tyler were playing each other was that they both hit each other with a neutral jump 1 and the hit traded at the beginning of the round. The meter reward was not given to any player. Then, Tyler teleport punched as ermac and got a clean hit on Derek, and he was given the meter. I think this is awesome because it's less random. From no hit trades in mk9 to hit trades and random meter award in injustice, mkx seems to get it right. Good job NRS.
Me and @DarthArma have had the hit trade conversation many many times
P1 advantage!