What's new

Breakthrough - Goro REMINDER! Amazon Games MKX ALL ACCESS STREAM EVENT starts soon!

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
They have the second goro gameplay a little later, but they won't be playing Goro next thursday most likely cause they only have two more characters to show. However they might have a longerer breakdown later
Surely if we kick up enough of a fuss about the poor quality of this stream they'll at least do a cursory Goro breakdown? Even if its not on stream, just on twitter or on here

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Hmmm. Goro's command grabs also do 14% raw.

Why is Kano the only character right now to have the most damage on his command throws? It should not be that way, not in my opinion. I think his command throws do 17-18% raw. Goro and Ferra/Torr meanwhile are doing 14%.

These damage percentages should be swapped. Eh, I guess those two will make up for it in other ways.

Slymind

Noob
Wait, if he has grabs in all variations then he's pretty much you archetypical grappler with select buffs
Well, what i understand as a grappler, is a character that revolves around using a multitude of grabs to dictate his gameplay, low, high, medium, chain grabs etc. Sheeva seems to be closer to that(back in mk9) than Goro, i don't think having one command grab is enough, but, whatever,

Charybdis

Well, what i understand as a grappler, is a character that revolves around using a multitude of grabs to dictate his gameplay, low, high, medium, chain grabs etc. Sheeva seems to be closer to that(back in mk9) than Goro, i don't think having one command grab is enough, but, whatever,
What I don't get is why they didn't use the Grundy template, with branching chain grabs. Okay don't do it for every character with grappling variations, but I would've thought Goro was an obvious choice to inherit that scheme

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
The game refused to start just to not hear Zeke anymore. His face should become a meme for abnoxious.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
A grappler is inherently a character who needs to grab you in order to win. The classic example is SF2 Gief: If he couldn't SPD you, he was very likely going to lose that match. It's not really an archetype we see much of any more, since so many characters who have command throws as part of their game usually have some other reasonably effective tools these days.

They have the second goro gameplay a little later, but they won't be playing Goro next thursday most likely cause they only have two more characters to show. However they might have a longerer breakdown later
I don't give a flying fuck. I want to see a Goro breakdown, not Tyler bodying starcraft players with telestomps and armored moves. The second showing is going to be more of them playing. This may sound dickish/"wah i'm entitled to cool gameplay" or whatever the fuck people usually say when people have this complaint, but I want to see what Goro can do. Not some motherfucker screaming his heart out because he thinks it's funny, people mashing so hard they hit the share button, or telestomp into punchwalk. They've done 3 character breakdown's before, I'm praying they do it again.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Logged in to see ads, then a connection failure, then more ads. Not the first final build huh... Why would it not be?

I don't give a flying fuck. I want to see a Goro breakdown, not Tyler bodying starcraft players with telestomps and armored moves. The second showing is going to be more of them playing. This may sound dickish/"wah i'm entitled to cool gameplay" or whatever the fuck people usually say when people have this complaint, but I want to see what Goro can do. Not some motherfucker screaming his heart out because he thinks it's funny, people mashing so hard they hit the share button, or telestomp into punchwalk. They've done 3 character breakdown's before, I'm praying they do it again.
I mean hey dude, it wasn't me playing him lol don't be coming at me with this rage. But yes i see where you're coming from how in other streams it was a breakdown this time it was extremely quick "break-down" by them just stating the moves rather than showing them. I'm just saying they might do it the second part of the stream.

trufenix

bye felicia
This is what I'm holding out for. A hybrid zoner-grappler with the fireball juggle reset makes me so ludicrously erect
He doesn't look like a grappler at all. THe face punches are probably blockable and the overhead toss is duckable (and throws the opponent half a screen away).

Charybdis

He doesn't look like a grappler at all. THe face punches are probably blockable and the overhead toss is duckable (and throws the opponent half a screen away).
True. I'm just trying to fighting against the dying of that particular light

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Man, I had high hopes for this stream... thought they would breakdown goro and then do some goro gameplay. Then have some actual fucking players display different characters and what they can do at an average level.

Like... what's the point of watching people jump kick 20 times in a row or d1 bug throw 40 times.

SMH

Kudos to NRS for at least putting on something like this. Next time, do way better plz.

trufenix

bye felicia
What I don't get is why they didn't use the Grundy template, with branching chain grabs. Okay don't do it for every character with grappling variations, but I would've thought Goro was an obvious choice to inherit that scheme
Because NRS never makes the same character twice.

Charybdis

Because NRS never makes the same character twice.
Well having one aspect of Grundy isn't the same character. There's his standing 2, Walking Corpse to armour, Walking Corpse cancel, wake up Cleaver Spin, Swamp Hands, his b213 for corner pressure. Just Goro having a similar concept of branching chain grabs, not even with buffs or with multiple options, doesn't make him the same character as Grundy any more than Reptile having Swamp Rot in Noxious makes him the same character. I agree the chain grabs are the central element of Grundy but they're far from all that he is. Goro having chain grabs would make him a similar character to Grundy in that they share one aspect, but far from the same character.

Hell, Spectral Ermac can fly: so is he the same character as Hawkgirl?
Nimble Reptile has Speed Force: so is he the same character as Flash?

Last edited:

NKZero

Noob
Also these people know fuck all about Mortal Kombat.

"Herp derp I've loved this franchise since I was a baby"...fuck outta here B.

Calling Shinnok, Shinnoak. D'Vorah = Arachnia. Really bruh? Dafuq is that about....

Not even recognising Quan Chi and bellowing like Gorillas over the fucking story mode.

If I ever spawn kids like these assholes I'm burying those turds alive. FATALITY.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
So....I'm guessing its not worth turning the stream on? lol. Someone hook a guy up with a Goro breakdown link lol.