What's new

Rejoice my fellow Graysons (patch 1.06)

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I mean, he gets 40% without a jump in, mid 40% in the corner with or without meter depending on your starter, and he can get almost 40% meterless midscreen to punish certain things.

I'm not gonna lie, 70% corner combos with NW would be hilariously dumb/awesome.

Yo Sajam, aren't you hype about MMH now? I think you can take WNF blindfolded with MMH after the patch.

ruff321

Noob
I think NW damage output is fine. If you want damage you go to Superman or BA but most of NW's damage come from his setups. All of my midscreen combos ends with staff spin and then cancel into escrima. Honestly see no point in ending a combo with flying grayson other than to finish off your opponent. From there you can dash forward and do b2 Sajam setup OR MB f3 OR you can sneak in a low by going back to staff and MB ground pound into combo. In a matter of seconds you can put your opponent all the way to the corner and NW players KNOW how strong his corner game is.

Tons of ways to open people up like Atrocitus said.

and to Wasted yeah I also tried doing 112 but my opponent is to dumb to block it and it turns into a game where you're basically chasing after the opponent everytime 2 hits. d12 33 setup is what I usually do now even though I get poked a few times but I think it's the lag.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I think NW damage output is fine. If you want damage you go to Superman or BA but most of NW's damage come from his setups. All of my midscreen combos ends with staff spin and then cancel into escrima. Honestly see no point in ending a combo with flying grayson other than to finish off your opponent. From there you can dash forward and do b2 Sajam setup OR MB f3 OR you can sneak in a low by going back to staff and MB ground pound into combo. In a matter of seconds you can put your opponent all the way to the corner and NW players KNOW how strong his corner game is.

Tons of ways to open people up like Atrocitus said.

and to Wasted yeah I also tried doing 112 but my opponent is to dumb to block it and it turns into a game where you're basically chasing after the opponent everytime 2 hits. d12 33 setup is what I usually do now even though I get poked a few times but I think it's the lag.

I got no problem with NW's damage output, I like his playstyle of set ups. But I believe if you rank optimized combos amongst each character, I see NW falling into low 20s amongst the entire roster, that's all I was saying.

If NW's damage output was high like Superman or BA, it would lose that underdog type feeling. I'll stick to Dick.

I'm never dissatisfied after a NW win because I know I worked for it A Superman win feels cheesey.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Gotcha. I totally forgot to add you on PSN. Mirror matches before patch? :)

I would really love to get this going but my friend is borrowing my ps3, I been without my console for like 3 weeks, I only play Injustice at my GF's house with her brother. Lets definately play this Saturday night, Im going to add you and send you a message if thats cool with you bro

ruff321

Noob
Yeah sure man. Theres not alot of Dicks on PSN anyway except for guamo and iced_moon so I'll add you once I set up my internet.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I may hit the lab again today. Optimize my shit. I haven't taken the game seriously for a long ass time (mainly playing on weekends) and since Dick isn't getting changed...time to level up my bnb's lol.
Have you been doing the neutral j2 into b3 stuff after mb ground blast?

I think I'm the only Dick I've seen doing that besides that guy that mentioned it to me. I dunno if people just don't know about it, or think it's too hard, but people should be doing it.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

I think I'm the only Dick I've seen doing that besides that guy that mentioned it to me. I dunno if people just don't know about it, or think it's too hard, but people should be doing it.

No I haven't tbh. I haven't been doing most of his optimized stuff. I gave up really until the patch because I didn't know what was going to be changed.

Wasted

Noob

I find that combo almost impossible. B3 often turns into standing 3 due to input buffering. Can't figure out exactly when to hit with J2.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Wasted

Just been practicing with it. It's easy once you know how to do it. When you nj2 try to hit them closer to the ground.

Sajam

J2 1f1~staffpound(mb) Nj2 B3 J2 3 1~grayson for 45?

J2 1f1~staffpound(mb) Nj2 B3 J2 J2 D2~Staff Spin (switch) for 44%

Those your two standards?