What's new

Reiko General Discussion

M2Dave

Zoning Master
His combo damage is ass.
THIS!

Unless you use Reiko/Darrius, this character's damage output is pathetically low.

I used to believe that 30% with one bar was tolerable, but then I fought against Ashrah, Baraka, Kenshi, Mileena, Raiden, etc. and learned my lesson the hard way. LOL.

The zoning is massively overrated and does not compensate for the low damage output.

Again, unless you are using Reiko/Darrius, you are wasting your time against the top tier characters whose average damage output is like 45%. So good luck with your 30% combos!

You can zone better with Liu Kang/Kung Lao and Shang Tsung/Kung Lao while dealing far more damage.

I have officially switched to Ashrah and I am a lot happier now. LOL.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Glad to see others are also dissatisfied. Character is weak, at least in this meta.

Also done pretending Darrius is even a good pick for him. Super slow recharge and once a round damage that is still mid at best.
Pick someone that gives damage straight up and some other utility as well imo.

Here is hoping toptiers get slammed so less insane characters can shine too.

ando1184

Noob
“He needs it” is true, unless they plan on reworking his kit. Not gonna lie, I’d be ok with much more recovery on his projectile to prevent it from being spammed, if Reiko had:

tick throws

more special cancellable strings (air 121, b34, etc) to increase Kameo pairings and combo usage

reducing the wacky gravity scaling on 343 so that it might be used outside of the corner
Imho he’s mostly fine aside from a few things. I think his projectile is good where it’s at given the power of the rest of the roster. He does need tic setups and if his standing 3,4 was high/mid that would help him. But my only true gripe with the character is that his parry is next to useless since it has slow active frames. It’s a parry and doesn’t function as such. On top of that, burning a bar scales so much damage that the follow up combo is abysmal. To me, currently reiko stands as an “honest character in a dishonest game.” I’m still maining him though, I still enjoy the character overall.

Yes, I’ve gotten the most hate from baraka and kenshi players but shao and Johnny have been poppin up recently.
If Baraka, Kenshi, and Johnny ESPECIALLY are complaining about Reiko, they need to shut up and hit the lab because my god what an unbelievable cope. "ZOMG these shurikens are too good!" Yeah okay.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
Anybody figure out what this means or does yet? From the patch notes:

• Savage Siege (Back Kick, Front Kick) hit reaction adjusted.

seems the same to me. 43 seems to do what it always did. Still can’t use it in combos outside the corner anyways.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Reiko/Kung Lao is likely the way to go now. Trust me.

Perhaps still Reiko/Darrius in a couple of match ups.

Better use the right team and have some fun until low hat gets 35 seconds of cool down in the next "balance" patch.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
Does Frost work well with Reiko?
I’ve been using her as a secondary Kameo if I don’t feel like using Sektor. I’ve got some decent dirt with her.

I will say though, I play Reiko/Frost moreso in a keep away fashion than Sektor, who I use to (generally) help me stay close and get pressure on knockdown, post-combo, etc.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I’ve been using her as a secondary Kameo if I don’t feel like using Sektor. I’ve got some decent dirt with her.

I will say though, I play Reiko/Frost moreso in a keep away fashion than Sektor, who I use to (generally) help me stay close and get pressure on knockdown, post-combo, etc.
Any advice for using Frost with Reiko? I always try to make her work with all of my teams, but I haven't tried anyone other than Darrius/Stryker for Reiko.

skcuf

Noob
Anybody figure out what this means or does yet? From the patch notes:

• Savage Siege (Back Kick, Front Kick) hit reaction adjusted.

seems the same to me. 43 seems to do what it always did. Still can’t use it in combos outside the corner anyways.
I think 43 used to continue spinning them away and now it flops them on their belly allowing the db3 to connect. Essentially it allows for a pretty easy anti-air combo if you don't feel you've got anything else lined up.

is nobody playing scorpion with reiko? seems like a great fit to me. conversions everywhere, a little more mix and a tool to go full screen for zoning.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
I think 43 used to continue spinning them away and now it flops them on their belly allowing the db3 to connect. Essentially it allows for a pretty easy anti-air combo if you don't feel you've got anything else lined up.
No, it used to flop them face down before the patch as well. For confirmation, check 3:45 in Mayo’s vid

this why I’m confused.

in addition, the 3 in 43 (or 434) won’t connect if they’re already in the air, aka using it as an anti-air. It was always like that too. So weird…434 really has no application outside the corner for combos, and standing 4’s only real use is as an anti-air, canceling into a delayed knee for an anti-air combo.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
Any advice for using Frost with Reiko? I always try to make her work with all of my teams, but I haven't tried anyone other than Darrius/Stryker for Reiko.
Sure, when I have time later I’ll do a little write up.

Be forewarned, my entire plan was just trying to find a way to incorporate her ice ball into Reiko set play, so it’s all kind of gimmicky. However, along the way and in matches I’ve learned a bunch of other useful stuff, so I don’t think Frost is terrible for Reiko.

skcuf

Noob
No, it used to flop them face down before the patch as well. For confirmation, check 3:45 in Mayo’s vid

this why I’m confused.

in addition, the 3 in 43 (or 434) won’t connect if they’re already in the air, aka using it as an anti-air. It was always like that too. So weird…434 really has no application outside the corner for combos, and standing 4’s only real use is as an anti-air, canceling into a delayed knee for an anti-air combo.
Sure, makes sense. I was just taking a guess because I never really touch the string lol.

is nobody playing scorpion with reiko? seems like a great fit to me. conversions everywhere, a little more mix and a tool to go full screen for zoning.
It's the team that I've been saying and no one is using.

I just found a 36% meterless combo. With this team you could just sit on meter and never really have to burn it to get damage. You can keep the whole stock and save it for those important breakers.

kantboy2

Pale Rider
I guess I'll give Scorpion another try.

I wish Cyber Smoke was a kameo; smoke bomb to pop opponent into the air, spear to bring opponent into grab range and smoke counter to keep opponents away. Add Triborg's throw and it's complete.

Sorry for the non-Reiko ramble. Heh.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Pale Rider, ambush Aftershock back kameo, standing 3, EX b,f+3, 3,4, d,b+3.

By the time the combo finishes, one third of your kameo meter will have recharged.

Darrius has become obsolete because the damage output is almost identical, but the cooldown is a lot faster.

Watch out for Rewind.