What's new

General/Other - Sektor Reign In Ketchup - Sektor PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Is it just me or am I the only sektor fan here? I never see any sektor requests for dlc in here. I was furious in the story when sub zero killed sektor not only that they didnt even explain where cyrax went. Its weird not having a cyber ninja in these games. I know he's dead but it wouldnt be bad if they made him a dlc character. And if not at least give us cyrax. Thoughts?
You're not alone my friend.
I'll give half of the cast for Sektor.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Yeah they did Sektor dirty IMO, they could have at least given us a flashback cutscene of him or something, but dude was just straight off screen killed lol

The clear and complete absence of Cyrax (and Jade) with no explanations as to where they are or what they are doing makes me think they are being saved for the next game.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Sektor was one of my mains in MK9, really loved the character. I was so disappointed with how they just killed him off without even showing it, like he was some nobody. He deserved better. :(

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
The clear and complete absence of Cyrax (and Jade) with no explanations as to where they are or what they are doing makes me think they are being saved for the next game.
I'm 100% sure Jade has been confirmed dead by like, everyone. I dunno if there was an explanation though. Cyrax on the other hand is pretty much guaranteed as DLC or in the next game IMO.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Plenty of people want Sektor, me included. If NRS released the following as a DLC pack, they'd be printing money:

Sektor
Cyrax
Noob
Smoke

Not one of any of the other supposed DLC characters we most likely have coming would sell better than any single character I mentioned above. I'd rather have one of the above characters as the only additional DLC character than Baraka, Rain, Fujin, Sindel and Sareena or any combo of them as a pack.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Plenty of people want Sektor, me included. If NRS released the following as a DLC pack, they'd be printing money:

Sektor
Cyrax
Noob
Smoke

Not one of any of the other supposed DLC characters we most likely have coming would sell better than any single character I mentioned above. I'd rather have one of the above characters as the only additional DLC character than Baraka, Rain, Fujin, Sindel and Sareena or any combo of them as a pack.
I generally agree, although I think Fujin would sell as well as any of those four

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Yeah they did Sektor dirty IMO, they could have at least given us a flashback cutscene of him or something, but dude was just straight off screen killed lol

He was killed in the comics

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I generally agree, although I think Fujin would sell as well as any of those four
Many casual MK fans don't even remember Fujin. I think Fujin would be cool as hell to have him in MKX. He was my main in MK4. However, I still think Cyrax, Sektor, Noob or Smoke would all sell better than him.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I'm 100% sure Jade has been confirmed dead by like, everyone. I dunno if there was an explanation though. Cyrax on the other hand is pretty much guaranteed as DLC or in the next game IMO.
I know she is dead, but why wasn't she among Quan Chi's revenant gang? She was the only one of them that was 100% absent, I find that a little odd.

He was killed in the comics
I know that, I was just surprised he didn't even get a cutscene or something lol he got the hologram treatment

Lokheit

Noob
I wanted Sektor too and I was disappointed they just showed us his remains (we have the comic though).

I'm a Sub-Zero fan and I consider Sektor the real nemesis of Kuai Liang, not Hanzo "raaaarrrrr manipulated into pointless veeeengeaaanceee!!!" Hasashi, the battle for the Lin Kuei defined my favorite character in both timelines and I would've liked to see it in the game. Sektor was the real deal for that story, with Hanzo on the other hand it always felt like "oh come one, not this again, I'm bussy, go play vengeance with someone else please". As I said, at least we got the comic.

I hope Sektor comes back, if not as DLC, in the future with his tekunin crew. He could "evolve" into AI and be able to create a new body to escape his death (among the other 12990023291 ways a character could escape death in MK).

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I know she is dead, but why wasn't she among Quan Chi's revenant gang? She was the only one of them that was 100% absent, I find that a little odd.

I know that, I was just surprised he didn't even get a cutscene or something lol he got the hologram treatment
No need since it's in the comics

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
I've always liked Sektor and would love for him to be in this game. One thing that gives me a tiny bit of hope towards a future with Sektor is his kombat kard which is simply titled "Sektor lives!". Not suggesting he'll be dlc anytime soon but A)Of all the titles for it they could have gone with, they went with that. B) No other kombat kards featuring dead or missing Kombatants have a name like that. C)Most dead kombatants have a kombat kard that shows them dead or as a revenant. Ie Jade's Head, Kabal, Stryker, The Forgotten. Both kombat kards Sektor appears on shows him alive and well. Boom. That's either the sound of your mind being blown or this theory completely running out of weak supporting evidence. I'm not sure which.

Status
Not open for further replies.