What's new

General/Other - Sektor Reign In Ketchup - Sektor PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKZero

Noob
So based off MK9 story mode, we know that Sektor is still alive (not that it matters much anyway). In any case, I would love to see him in the new game. If he were to keep more or less the same move set as MK9, then I would wish for the following:
  • armour on EX flame burner
  • EX teleport neutral on block
  • Homing missile to never disappear until it makes contact with the opponent
I would actually like to see Sektor with invisibility as showcased in story mode on various occasions. The thought of invisibility + homing missile set-ups makes me salivate.

Also please retain his sexy laugh and voice and I thought his design was really cool. Just don't give him t-Rex arm syndrome...

What do you guys think?

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
love Sektor. He had some holes in MK9 like his T-Rex arms and not having a great wakeup (armored). His footies were realllllly good tho...

I dont think he needs much but im with you, I hope he makes it in MKX.

9_Lives

Noob
Loved his anti air, the startup time on his yolo iatp, corner pressure/oki game, mk3 outfit, range of flamethrower, anti crossover up missiles, etc.
Hated his ground normals since his only good ones were slow as hell, the block time of his yolo iatp, capacity to be pressured into corner/oki with lack of wakeups, costume 2.

Pretty much every time I get knocked down it was like "O gawd! Is this wat Ive ben DOOOing to PEEphole!?!"

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Never thought of giving him invisibility... I like that idea.

I'm for them overhauling him though, tis a new game after all. I hope he keeps some of his moves though, b34 and b2 are some of my favourites and I'd be sad to see them go.

Scarecrow fatality has to come back though!

ryublaze

Noob
He was very balanced in mk9, though if I were to change anything I would:

- Armor on flamethrower or invincibility on wake-up flame or tele
- Homing missile breaks armor
- Overhead be a regular move like b3 and not come from leg lift stance
- EX straight missile do a bit more damage

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Since he's my second main in MK 9. I'd want to see him return.

-Have armor on his EX flame thrower.

-EX teleport make is SAFE on block with pushback.

-Seeking missle definitely must NOT disappear until it hits the opponent one way or another. None of that lame "cyrax magical teleport dodging it" shit.

Maybe get rid of his shower missles, but replace it with normal seeker missle that would have same effect of MK3 and MK 9 seeker. However EX Seeker if it hits, stuns you with electric tazer like effect for free hit off a stun ;)

Maybe invisibility move.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I have some ideas, how relevant they'd be within MKX's mechanics remains to be seen, and while I don't mean to be a party pooper, he's still the least popular cyborg by quite some margin so, he may yet not make it.

Loved his anti air, the startup time on his yolo iatp, corner pressure/oki game, mk3 outfit, range of flamethrower, anti crossover up missiles, etc.
Hated his ground normals since his only good ones were slow as hell, the block time of his yolo iatp, capacity to be pressured into corner/oki with lack of wakeups, costume 2.

Pretty much every time I get knocked down it was like "O gawd! Is this wat Ive ben DOOOing to PEEphole!?!"
In all fairness, if some of those normals were any faster, they could've ended up being spirit charge on steroids. At least the ones I'm assuming you're talking about.

And ugh costume 2... You know a costume is bad when the aesthetics of it are enough to make you neglect the advantages it brings to the meta.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I mained Sektor since my day 1 of Mk9. Actually I started off with both him and Ermac but I lost interest and dropped Ermac quite a while back.

Sektor is the perfect character of Mk9. He is probably the most balanced character of the game. He has a very unusual set of strings and some great normals. He doesn't need much changing to be honest.

The issue is not how they will change him but whether he will make it to Mkx at all. If the story is based on the nether realm they might find it hard to fit him in. I hope he makes it anyway.

9_Lives

Noob
I have some ideas, how relevant they'd be within MKX's mechanics remains to be seen, and while I don't mean to be a party pooper, he's still the least popular cyborg by quite some margin so, he may yet not make it.

In all fairness, if some of those normals were any faster, they could've ended up being spirit charge on steroids. At least the ones I'm assuming you're talking about.

And ugh costume 2... You know a costume is bad when the aesthetics of it are enough to make you neglect the advantages it brings to the meta.
I'd have been cool with the standing jabs coming out slower if they could have reach. KL's standing 2 was only 3 frames slower, and it is an awesome normal.

lol, he looks like my old substitute teacher.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Sorry for my last two posts being novellas. I've had time to think it over, and the condiments could be separate characters. Here's Sektor's.
Sektor's general special moves:​
Down Rocket-A rocket that comes from the sky. Can be aimed both ahead and behind the opponent. Enhance to home.
Forward Rocket-A standard projectile. Enhance it for more damage and a hard knock down.
Digital Punch-His signature teleport uppercut. Meter Burn to add a pop up.
Rocketeer​
Low Rocket-A projectile that hits the opponent low. Can also be aimed both ahead and behind. Enhance to pop up.
Behind Rocket-A Forward Rocket that shoots behind. Isn't discernable from the Down Rocket. Enhance to change direction.
Air Rocket-A Forward Rocket performed in the air.
Firestarter​
Afterburner-His famous flamethrower, capable of bunrning enemies from mid screen. Enhance to reach a little further and for more damage.
Fuel Leak-He drops some fuel from his flamethrower, allowing for the opponent to be soaked in the liquid. This allows for more damage with the Afterburner. Enhance to make them trip and take more damage from the flamethrower.
Fire Rocket-He inputs a code to allow for rockets to be incendiary; does less damage initially, but burns the victim for lingering damage. Wears off after some time. Enhance to last longer.
Shifu-
He's the leader of the Tekunin.​
Shock Strike-A punch to the gut that disables the victim for combo extension. Enhance for longer window.
Leg Lift-A set of moves to confuse the opponent. Cannot be enhanced or meter burned.
I hope you guys can see what I'm seeing.​

1st variation-

Cyber Smoke- Instead of being called Sektor, his name is "smoke" and he looks and fights just like him

2nd variation-

Ninja Smoke- This time, hes a ninja

3rd variation-

Fuck Sektor- In this variation he gains the ability to not be gay sektor, instead being the superior character called "Smoke"

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
1st variation-

Cyber Smoke- Instead of being called Sektor, his name is "smoke" and he looks and fights just like him

2nd variation-

Ninja Smoke- This time, hes a ninja

3rd variation-

Fuck Sektor- In this variation he gains the ability to not be gay sektor, instead being the superior character called "Smoke"
Don't worry, I'll do Smoke's too.

Status
Not open for further replies.