What's new

Regarding the News with 16 Bit and Pig...

DanCock

Cock Master!!
personally i think its time the nrs kommunity runs its own damn tournament. plan it one year from today, have every mortal kombat game maybe a couple others like Killer instinct. this way we are the main event and not street fighter.. these other tournaments dont respect OUR GAMES and our top players i say FUCK THEM!! i doubt they'd treat the street fighters top players like this..

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Everybody is pretty cool. This is not directed at you, but this is what always happens: Somebody puts forward genuine concerns and articulates them properly (in this case Hippo). People expect drama. People act like there IS drama even when there isn't (in this case Mr. Aquaman and to a lesser extent your above comment). The posts in this thread are (surprisingly) level-headed. But of course, what always happens is some guy from the other side of the arguments gets too emotional, things escalate, thread gets closed. It's like we're conditioned to expect this so we drive it in that direction.
Honestly, your whole statement really outlines the main reason why our community (NRS) is still the stepchild of the FGC. We (or at least our most recognizable ambassadors) do this shit all of the time, over everything we perceive as a slight, and then we circle the wagons again. "We have to play at 9:00 am?!?!?!" or "We got bumped for Divekick?!?!" or "Why does ___ game have that many setups, and we have…?!". Seriously, we all need to start behaving like we belong, or this shit is just going to keep happening. What goes on here at TYM truly gets re-enacted at big events (I've been witness/party to many instances).

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
What will getting them unbanned achieve? In the end not a god damn thing, because we will still go to these events, have the times of our lives, and move on to the next one. In @rev0lver s case, not if he loses. What is this thread trying to achieve? TO's shouldn't have power over their tournaments? That you guys know how to run them better? I don't get it.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
personally i think its time the nrs kommunity runs its own damn tournament. plan it one year from today, have every mortal kombat game maybe a couple others like Killer instinct. this way we are the main event and not street fighter.. these other tournaments dont respect OUR GAMES and our top players i say FUCK THEM!! i doubt they'd treat the street fighters top players like this..
They ban sf players more than NRS players, this is speaking without knowing, NRS is treated as it should be, low entrants, and whiny bitches

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
The problem is that they have tried, multiple times, to talk to Big E and ShinBlanka. But they pretty much had no interest in listening.

It's also not just principle, they both just want to come to good events. They want TFC, NEC, etc to be good events, and want to make sure the problems of the past are gone, they just want their criticism to be met with "okay, here's how we'll fix it" rather than being censored or banned for being the voices of the many people who did not have a good experience.
Was this before or after they spoke their opinions through the forums and podcasts? Also was this before they said they wouldnt attend anymore of ec tournaments unless the explained things to them?

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Honestly, your whole statement really outlines the main reason why our community (NRS) is still the stepchild of the FGC. We (or at least our most recognizable ambassadors) do this shit all of the time, over everything we perceive as a slight, and then we circle the wagons again. "We have to play at 9:00 am?!?!?!" or "We got bumped for Divekick?!?!" or "Why does ___ game have that many setups, and we have…?!". Seriously, we all need to start behaving like we belong, or this shit is just going to keep happening. What goes on here at TYM truly gets re-enacted at big events (I've been witness/party to many instances).
#BUMPEDFORDIVEKICK lol

What will getting them unbanned achieve? In the end not a god damn thing, because we will still go to these events, have the times of our lives, and move on to the next one. In @rev0lver s case, not if he loses. What is this thread trying to achieve? TO's shouldn't have power over their tournaments? That you guys know how to run them better? I don't get it.
lol Mr Aqua...man it sounds like you're getting kind of emotional about all this. This is the way how i see it. If a customer at a restaurant were to go to complain to the manager the food sucked and had shitty service. Is the manager supposed to have a "fuck off" mentality and then ban them from the restaurant? If they do decide to do that, especially in front of other customers, no one else is gonna want to go eat there anymore. Sure you're gonna have the dedicated/loyal customers that will still go but at that point you have already tarnished your restaurants name and will discourage new or some old customers from going.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
lol Mr Aqua...man it sounds like you're getting kind of emotional about all this. This is the way how i see it. If a customer at a restaurant were to go to complain to the manager the food sucked and had shitty service. Is the manager supposed to have a "fuck off" mentality and then ban them from the restaurant? If they do decide to do that, especially in front of other customers, no one else is gonna want to go eat there anymore. Sure you're gonna have the dedicated/loyal customers that will still go but at that point you have already tarnished your restaurants name and will discourage new or some old customers from going.
Lol no emotion. Me going ham is trolling. If I love my Chinese food restaurant. I don't give a Damn if they ban some jackass because he didn't like their orange chicken. Im still going there.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
It's not just about them, it's about the strength of our tournaments. There's a handful of top players who don't want to come to our events anymore because of this. It weakens our competition and makes our tournaments not mean as much. If people don't travel to nec and we don't have the top players there no one will care.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
The problem with this analogy is that we (NRS community) need them more than they (Tourneys) need us, not the other way around. Although our games sell well casually, our competitive community is small, and the games themselves don't get long-term support. If our reps act a fool and pull all the "entitled" BS that we tend to pull at multi-game tourneys, then it's no wonder TO's say to themselves AND each other "Shit, the SkullGirls group is just fucking happy to be here, lets keep them and fuck the nonsense". I can't understand why this is lost on a lot of TYM people.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
On the flip side of this, and this is just a devils advocate impartial thing...

What if that same customer went on to a live tv show and said how horrible you and your food was and told everyone not to ever go there.

Then, went on to their facebook and told everyone on there not to attend the restaurant.

The owners said please come talk to us directly and we will better accommodate you. The conversation doesn't go well on both sides. The owner is pretty pissed about the negative publicity, and the customer is pretty upset about the food.

The owner says fine, I will eat the bad publicity, but we go our separate ways.

The problem with this analogy is that we (NRS community) need them more than they (Tourneys) need us, not the other way around. Although our games sell well casually, our competitive community is small, and the games themselves don't get long-term support. If our reps act a fool and pull all the "entitled" BS that we tend to pull at multi-game tourneys, then it's no wonder TO's say to themselves AND each other "Shit, the SkullGirls group is just fucking happy to be here, lets keep them and fuck the nonsense". I can't understand why this is lost on a lot of TYM people.
A lot of TYM people dont' even travel so idk why TO's keep trying use them as an excuse to target players that do travel.......

On the flip side of this, and this is just a devils advocate impartial thing...

What if that same customer went on to a live tv show and said how horrible you and your food was and told everyone not to ever go there.

Then, went on to their facebook and told everyone on there not to attend the restaurant.

The owners said please come talk to us directly and we will better accommodate you. The conversation doesn't go well on both sides. The owner is pretty pissed about the negative publicity, and the customer is pretty upset about the food.

The owner says fine, I will eat the bad publicity, but we go our separate ways.
Has pig personally told you not to go to a Big E event? If he has told anyone through text or w/e NOT to go to a big E event. Please post it, i would like to see for myself if he did. After Final Round, never did pig once tell me not to go to a Big E event. He told me "you can go to whatever you want, but im just tired of Big E events" and why does everyone keep ignoring that they have tried to talk to them but they keep getting ignored? lol

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
A lot of TYM people dont' even travel so idk why TO's keep trying use them as an excuse to target players that do travel.......
I'm not 100% sure that I feel you, Brother Lee. What do you mean? Are you implying that the TO's are using Pig and Bit as scapegoats for…I don't know what?

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword

I find it funny that its OK to speak and defend pig and bit side, but when some speaks and defend KN and Big eastnside, they are getting all emotional about it.

And it wasn't just saying it was a bad tournament. There is more that continued to happened afterwards besides just a few words. Not only that, your post and this thread is proving my point. Just causing more tension and dividing the community.

I look it it like this. If I threw a gathering/party, and someone said it sucked and want explanation why it suck or I won't go to so and so party along with my friends, I be a little upset too. This whole thing has gone too far to the point where it only will get resolved by the people it involves. Not outsiders who don't know the whole story. It comes down to what they can fix not us. I want to see two of one the greatest players in DC tournaments too. But this whole thread isn't helping out the situation. Let them fix it if they really want to. This is pointless.

I find it funny that its OK to speak and defend pig and bit side, but when some speaks and defend KN and Big eastnside, they are getting all emotional about it.

And it wasn't just saying it was a bad tournament. There is more that continued to happened afterwards besides just a few words. Not only that, your post and this thread is proving my point. Just causing more tension and dividing the community.

I look it it like this. If I threw a gathering/party, and someone said it sucked and want explanation why it suck or I won't go to so and so party along with my friends, I be a little upset too. This whole thing has gone too far to the point where it only will get resolved by the people it involves. Not outsiders who don't know the whole story. It comes down to what they can fix not us. I want to see two of one the greatest players in DC tournaments too. But this whole thread isn't helping out the situation. Let them fix it if they really want to. This is pointless.
I agree, it is pointless lol

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole

I can pretty much agree with you. The real "point" that this thread has made is to expose some of our communities issues and their consequences. We should really evaluate that, and try to improve it before this new game comes out. I'd prefer that MKX be "the belle of the ball" rather than having to dine at the kiddies table. It's all up to us.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Has pig personally told you not to go to a Big E event? If he has told anyone through text or w/e NOT to go to a big E event. Please post it, i would like to see for myself if he did. After Final Round, never did pig once tell me not to go to a Big E event. He told me "you can go to whatever you want, but im just tired of Big E events" and why does everyone keep ignoring that they have tried to talk to them but they keep getting ignored? lol
I would much rather let those involved solve their dispute. I don't know a whole lot about the situation. You know more than I do I am sure.

I was just playing devils advocate, even posted that. It's not all one side or the other. Both sides I am sure share some responsibility. Until we know further details it's kind of pointless to try and defend one or the other.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
What "entitled-ness" are you talking about?