What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Reduce Recovery on IA Skulls & faster Start up on grounded skulls!

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Quan Chi is my pale husband...pls stop, this character is already amazing, don't downplay him, for god's sake one blocked full screen fireball is guaranteed ex rune into whatever followup your heart desires, he's a great character, he should be exactly as he is. His air fireballs are meant to counter forward momentum, not to just hop in the air 20 times a match, he ain't Akuma, and hell, Akuma players don't even do that because that just doesn't work.

He has flaws, that doesn't mean he needs any buffs, people need to adjust playstyles.
Let me get this straight you are saying that green skulls are plus on block?

Plus enough for me to follow it up with rune trap?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Faster recovery too. And it feels like it has cool down?
Yea that's the IA in this game though. All the characters have that delayed recovery so they can't go Kabal/Zod in this game. The only character I can get a somewhat faster IA with is Hollywood Cassie.

Personally i miss loading up the screen with multiple Zod balls, but I can understand why they removed it.

Where I do agree is that QC's strength is supposed to be zoning, yet his 50/50 and vortex are his best tools. I would actually prefer they tune that down a little and buff his actual zoning but of course that opinion won't be too popular.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
On Sorcerer variation.

I don't care for Summoner, I know you people are gonna come here and be like "but vortex" blabla
Every variation has a vortex.

No. This is about Sorcerer, I don't care about vortex
He has one.

I just wanna be able to zone better.
Summoner.

Now I know he is a strong char but since he has no true reversal or a "get off me " move, they should make it harder for players to get in on him.
Warlock variation. MB DF1.

If once they get in they destroy him and don't ever let him wake up that's on him, he should had played a better keep away game.
See above.

If the reward for getting in on Quan is to completely shut him down, it should be harder for opponents to get in, wouldn't you guys agree?

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
yeah cuz chars with teleport wont just tele ur ass on reaction.

you know ppl can cancel run instantly into block and the recovery of the air skull is total BS for it not even beeing a OH
When I play a friend everytime he sees me going in the air he runs from full screen and hits me out of the air or whiff punish me for a full combo and then good luck getting up!

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.

He has one.

Summoner.

See above.

Yes but summoner is more vortex oriented than sorcerer. Plus I clearly stated that I only play/like sorcerer.

If I played Warlock I wouldn't be asking for buffs on reversals and stuff. Have some common sense people.

HitBox CToss

ESPURTS
Let me get this you are saying that green skulls are plus on block?

Plus enough for me to follow it up with rune trap?
I'm working currently but a better explanation would be Shujinkydink's video on zoning w/ Quan or Wonder_Chef's youtube, although the zoning stuff is more heavily covered by Shujinkydink. But it's not about throwing them out on reaction or continued full screen pressure, Quan Chi needs to think outside the box, his zoning is full screen footsies, NOT traditional zoning, he has to be played differently than bottom to the ground.

Idk i'm bored at work, keep playing Pale Woolay waifu. Just think differently about his zoning and why it's useful, and how it's used outside traditional rules of zoning. In fact, I personally think since the Vortex gimmicks he has are going to be figured out soon, and I don't think that's what makes him strong, what he's best at his neutral.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Yes but summoner is more vortex oriented than sorcerer. Plus I clearly stated that I only play/like sorcerer.

If I played Warlock I wouldn't be asking for buffs on reversals and stuff. Have some common sense people.
There wouldn't be a point to variations if 1 accomplished everything. If you are in a matchup where you need an armored wakeup or string interrupter, your option is warlock or lose.

Edit: Quan's basic gameplay in every variation is ultimately vortex based. While there's different setups here and there for each variation, the general all around go to option is finishing a combo in a means that sets you up for a free/freeish 50/50.

He has one.

Summoner.

See above.

so basically:

You want to zone unless ur playing against character like Ermac,Scorpion,displacer Raiden,mileena or even takeda = summoner

You want a wakeup to not be fucked as soon as the opponent touchs u while losing ur damage and mixups with "zoning tools" that everyone can just jump over = warlock

So the meter drain and 1 hit armor spell with ridiclous startups weren't made for a zoner?

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I'm working currently but a better explanation would be Shujinkydink's video on zoning w/ Quan or Wonder_Chef's youtube, although the zoning stuff is more heavily covered by Shujinkydink. But it's not about throwing them out on reaction or continued full screen pressure, Quan Chi needs to think outside the box, his zoning is full screen footsies, NOT traditional zoning, he has to be played differently than bottom to the ground.

Idk i'm bored at work, keep playing Pale Woolay waifu. Just think differently about his zoning and why it's useful, and how it's used outside traditional rules of zoning. In fact, I personally think since the Vortex gimmicks he has are going to be figured out soon, and I don't think that's what makes him strong, what he's best at his neutral.
I get that, I've watched their vids and stuff but a slight buff would help.

Stages are way too small, pusblock coast way too much meter, most combos carry you to the corner (corner is death in this game) too many safe 50/50s, huge damage etc.

He just needs it.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
There wouldn't be a point to variations if 1 accomplished everything. If you are in a matchup where you need an armored wakeup or string interrupter, your option is warlock or lose.

Edit: Quan's basic gameplay in every variation is ultimately vortex based. While there's different setups here and there for each variation, the general all around go to option is finishing a combo in a means that sets you up for a free/freeish 50/50.
Quan needs a true reversal on every MU. Remember this game is filled with unreactable mix ups and OP rush down tools.

Defensive play isn't rewarded at all in this game.

Also ground skull is a high just like kitana fans u need to burn the meter to make them block if they dont have a teleport. Raiden can just Mb superman through it and put u in the corner were u WILL die.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I'm sorry guys but he really doesn't need his fireballs changed at all. If you're zoning then you need to understand the options your opponent has after you use your tools and the possible ways to counter it. After a blocked ground fireball fullscreen, you get a free rune. If you ex your rune, you get another free rune after that. If they ever block your non ex rune then that's their chance to either run forward predicting iaskull/run or jump forward predicting ground skull.

It's YOUR job to understand how your opponent is dealing with your zoning and make a judgement that will put you ahead. You're not entitled to not have to think about your zoning to keep people out, everyone's required to think. Remember too that most of the time as sorcerer you should have armour up when you're zoning, meaning that if they for example jump over your ground skull and get in, you could likely either interrupt their attempt at a string or at least get back to blocking. You have more than enough options, even in sorcerer, so there's no point crying about it. And YES I do main quan also, so I'm no saying this out of saltiness.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Sorcerer can zone fine.

You have Hex spell which can help you dole out 16% unscaled from one rune and skull.

You have armor circle that ignores the majority of the opponent's offense if used right.

Sorcerer is just as good as Summoner, just in different ways.