What's new

Red Hood General Discussion

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
The wake up back roll, can be stuffed by far reaching normals and some projectiles apparently. But for a bar we can make it safe?
It was said it has invincibility. Not sure if in full or the amount of frames. However it's also very fast and airborne so it'd be tough for any normals to catch it. It'd be a hard read and a good one at that if anyone stuffs or catches

WATCHD0G

Noob
I swear just the thought of getting into the lab with him and trying out his tools seems like so much fun not to mention going online. he seems very well rounded, which is what was praying he would be like. I'm very happy so far

WATCHD0G

Noob
It was said it has invincibility. Not sure if in full or the amount of frames. However it's also very fast and airborne so it'd be tough for any normals to catch it. It'd be a hard read and a good one at that if anyone stuffs or catches
but it the corner what good would it do though? there's gonna be nowhere to jump to, so I guess pray you have meter on the corner if knocked down???

Last edited:

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
but it the corner what good would it do though? there's gonna be nowhere to jump to, so I guess pray you have meter on the corner of knocked down???
Just do the forward version of his dive. It may be a separate move altogether but either way there is a forward dive special move that on contact you can MB too. Not sure how safe it is yet

Noob
but it the corner what good would it do though? there's gonna be nowhere to jump to, so I guess pray you have meter on the corner if knocked down???
You could always block and not waste the meter.

This character looks like a better Harley. I can't wait to get to play him.

WATCHD0G

Noob
You could always block and not waste the meter.

This character looks like a better Harley. I can't wait to get to play him.
yeah I guess you're right about that gotta level up my defense haha.
probably wouldn't be smart to rely too much on that wakeup and become predictable. there's also delayed wake up too.

And yes this characters looks fun as hell. gonna put a lot of time into red hood win or lose.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
He looks like he'll have some decent cancel pressure with his trait. I also like that he doesn't have a trait cool down timer

Combined with his setups, mixups and space control, he should have some depth. His zoning feels pretty slow but his trait into gun shot might be a decent projectile.

Noob
He looks like he'll have some decent cancel pressure with his trait. I also like that he doesn't have a trait cool down timer

Combined with his setups, mixups and space control, he should have some depth. His zoning feels pretty slow but his trait into gun shot might be a decent projectile.
Don't say that man. I'm interested in him because his guns look faster than Harley.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
Don't say that man. I'm interested in him because his guns look faster than Harley.
Nah I hope he's more of a counter zoner/ setup character. His tools look better than Harley's at first glance

Reactions: 24K

Noob
Nah I hope he's more of a counter zoner/ setup character. His tools look better than Harley's at first glance
This.

100 times THIS.

A counter zoner is what I want. Somebody with a decent enough projectile game to shut down a zoning characters projectiles and be able to get in, where he is able to lay down the hurt. I don't want a projectile war, shit is boring to do and unappealing to watch.

R3VERSE

Noob
Unfortunately, I've still only had extremely limited time to test things out with Red Hood and even then its still against AI so it isn't as thorough as I would've liked, but here's some things I found so far.

Of his strings, he has 6 that are special cancellable into his Lethal Lunge. They are 11, 112, 22, B23, F23, and 32. From those 6, it looks like all except the B23 are cancellable into his Gotham Stars or Trait strings. I believe only 4 of these are cancellable into any MB Ground Mines (11, 22, F23, and 32). From what I can tell so far, his best meterless damage will come off of B3 and F3 since his strings alone just cancelled into trait strings seem to be a little low on damage. Again, this was against Level 1 AI without competitive mode so the damage scaling may prove to be better than I think.

His most damaging combo that I've found so far is a variation of one I posted earlier, but it is:

32xxMB Close Mine, B3, Ji3, 32xxtrait332 MB

While that does use 2 bars and his trait, it hit me that because his trait is always available having some of his combos use an extra bar probably makes up for that fact as a way of balancing that out.

I'm looking forward to getting him for real and seeing what everyone comes up with since I'm sure a lot of you will be better than I am at figuring stuff out. Hopefully, this info is helpful in some way and I apologize ahead of time if any of this turns out to be inaccurate when we all get to test him tonight/tomorrow or whatever.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
P
Unfortunately, I've still only had extremely limited time to test things out with Red Hood and even then its still against AI so it isn't as thorough as I would've liked, but here's some things I found so far.

Of his strings, he has 6 that are special cancellable into his Lethal Lunge. They are 11, 112, 22, B23, F23, and 32. From those 6, it looks like all except the B23 are cancellable into his Gotham Stars or Trait strings. I believe only 4 of these are cancellable into any MB Ground Mines (11, 22, F23, and 32). From what I can tell so far, his best meterless damage will come off of B3 and F3 since his strings alone just cancelled into trait strings seem to be a little low on damage. Again, this was against Level 1 AI without competitive mode so the damage scaling may prove to be better than I think.

His most damaging combo that I've found so far is a variation of one I posted earlier, but it is:

32xxMB Close Mine, B3, Ji3, 32xxtrait332 MB

While that does use 2 bars and his trait, it hit me that because his trait is always available having some of his combos use an extra bar probably makes up for that fact as a way of balancing that out.

I'm looking forward to getting him for real and seeing what everyone comes up with since I'm sure a lot of you will be better than I am at figuring stuff out. Hopefully, this info is helpful in some way and I apologize ahead of time if any of this turns out to be inaccurate when we all get to test him tonight/tomorrow or whatever.
Bruh, i posted his frame data. I think we know what cancels into what.

I like your find regardless

R3VERSE

Noob
P

Bruh, i posted his frame data. I think we know what cancels into what.

I like your find regardless
You're right you did, but it was in a separate thread if I saw correctly so I figured putting some of that here might be helpful.

Also, I am personally not great with frame data and how it all relates being pretty new to fighting games in general so that part of my post was geared more towards people like me and not the guys like you who have a much better understanding. That's also why I'm excited to see what the people like you can find with this character once he's available to help out newer players like me.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
You're right you did, but it was in a separate thread if I saw correctly so I figured putting some of that here might be helpful.

Also, I am personally not great with frame data and how it all relates being pretty new to fighting games in general so that part of my post was geared more towards people like me and not the guys like you who have a much better understanding. That's also why I'm excited to see what the people like you can find with this character once he's available to help out newer players like me.
If you need help understanding frames, just dm me.

Also, welcome to the Red Hood Army.

R3VERSE

Noob
Will Red Hood be available for purchase separately on the 13th?
-- for the standard edition owners?
I believe they said on the Watchtower stream that he won't be available for purchase separately until next week, but I'm not sure they ever mentioned a set date.

R3VERSE

Noob
@Crusty Much appreciated. I may have to take you up on that offer at some point. I would definitely like to learn more about frame data.

@G11OST Thanks man. I've really enjoyed reading and learning from the character threads for Injustice 2, mainly Batman, Robin and Red Hood stuff so I'm just trying to help out where I can because I've been helped a ton. I like the information sharing that goes on around here. It's a cool part of the fighting game community.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Anyone able to play him yet? I've downloaded him but he won't show up on the character select screen
on my game he's on the select screen like darkseid (if you haven't bought him) and it says available now with fighter pack 1 but it wont let me download him!??!?!!?
I HAVE THE ULTIMATE PACK!!! lol

R3VERSE

Noob
on my game he's on the select screen like darkseid (if you haven't bought him) and it says available now with fighter pack 1 but it wont let me download him!??!?!!?
I HAVE THE ULTIMATE PACK!!! lol
He's available for me now on Xbox. I'm East Coast, USA.

From what I've heard, he isn't available on PS4 quite yet.