What's new

Red Hood General Discussion

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Can anyone verify how his trait works? Looking at the multiverse game play videos, to me it seems like a sort of recka (not sure it that's how you spell it). Seems that once u initiate it you have a certain amount of frames to follow up into trait-unque strings, cancel, or quick shot. Can someone verify this or correct me on this? If not I guess I'll find out at 3.
1000% correct

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Well, I'm not the type to tier whore or to pick a character because I believe would make it easier to beat people, I pick a character who's moveset I like, who's fun to play. I don't compete so I don't worry about tiers too much, but if I see a character that I like how a move looks then find out it's not a regular but a "gear" (damn I hate this shit they did) then yea it's a bit disappointing.
Touche' I just play who I like as characters and hope they're not complete trash

R3VERSE

Noob
Thrown empty gun confirmed as gear move but if that's all you wanted then the character may have never been for you honestly. Give him a try it's only one move *shrug*
If it was just one move I would agree with this, but as they showed 3 of his best special moves are gear moves. The 2 that I mentioned in an earlier post and now the grenades that replace the ground mines. With the ground mines specifically it seems like some of the best setups will require 1 bar just to get the pop up off of the mine and continue the combo where as the grenade would allow the pop up for no bar. It just sucks that ending a combo with his trait 332 MB for instance off of a ground mine setup would cost 2 bars.

This is also not to mention the competitive aspect of those moves being gear moves and unless something changes they will not be seen in competitive play which I think is unfortunate. That's not to say every character doesn't have moves that would be cool to see, but for some reason Red Hood's seem to be more noticeable if they are missing in my opinion.

Last edited:

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
If it was just one move I would agree with this, but as they showed 3 of his best special moves are gear moves. The 2 that I mentioned in an earlier post and now the grenades that replace the ground mines. With the ground mines specifically it seems like some of the best setups will require 1 bar just to get the pop up off of the mine and continue the combo where as the grenade would allow the pop up for no bar. It just sucks that ending a combo with his trait 332 MB for instance off of a ground mine setup would cost 2 bars
What's the other two that look awesome but are gear besides the empty gun toss?

I agree the rolling grenades are sick but I think the mines are too. With trait there's some NASTY setups to be had. The main trait string to use that's "somewhat" safe is an overhead like they showed so that mini mine setup into overhead Trait string could be dirty. I feel like the mine has more setup potential for reasons like that alone plus it's timed versus the grenade which is a lot faster. As for meterless I'm sure he'll still hit 300 damage which is all anyone can really ask for. 400+ damage should require a bar + trait(even tho Green Lantern struggles to do that! Smh)

babalook

Noob
anyone else notice that his three hit string that ends in a stab is both a hard KND and special cancelable like robins 212. This is basically what sold me on the character, cuz otherwise his mine setups would've been super gimmicky. He's guna have some great Oki and midscreen hard to blockables.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
anyone else notice that his three hit string that ends in a stab is both a hard KND and special cancelable like robins 212. This is basically what sold me on the character, cuz otherwise his mine setups would've been super gimmicky. He's guna have some great Oki and midscreen hard to blockables.
112 xx Mine. Pressure. Kill them. String xx Back Roll on block. DO ALL THE THINGS. GET ALL THE METER FROM NINJA STARS. BECOME GIANT.

R3VERSE

Noob
What's the other two that look awesome but are gear besides the empty gun toss?

I agree the rolling grenades are sick but I think the mines are too. With trait there's some NASTY setups to be had. The main trait string to use that's "somewhat" safe is an overhead like they showed so that mini mine setup into overhead Trait string could be dirty. I feel like the mine has more setup potential for reasons like that alone plus it's timed versus the grenade which is a lot faster. As for meterless I'm sure he'll still hit 300 damage which is all anyone can really ask for. 400+ damage should require a bar + trait(even tho Green Lantern struggles to do that! Smh)
Fair point on the mine setups. I was probably focused too much on the meter usage in certain situations.

The 3 gear moves were the gun toss, the grenades, and the throw off of the MB front dive.

As for meterless, his damage seems to be a little low so far which also part of what makes me nervous about him. Overall, I am still very much looking forward to trying him for real and figuring all of this stuff out, but I'd be lying if I didn't some of my hype for him is gone.

This character looks super well rounded. He has good ranged tools and an AMAZING escape, he has a way to get in on zoner said safely, looks to have good set up potential, some normals with good range, air control. I have a feeling he will lack in damage but that is a solid trade off because he looks good all around

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Don't like Jason, but goddamn does his playstyle look appealing to me. The tradition of me maining DLC characters I never wanted (possibly) continues.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
The string into that stab I believe was a gear move, like a special. I could be wrong about which one you're mentioning tho of course

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
This character looks super well rounded. He has good ranged tools and an AMAZING escape, he has a way to get in on zoner said safely, looks to have good set up potential, some normals with good range, air control. I have a feeling he will lack in damage but that is a solid trade off because he looks good all around
My thoughts exactly =-)

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
112 xx Mine. Pressure. Kill them. String xx Back Roll on block. DO ALL THE THINGS. GET ALL THE METER FROM NINJA STARS. BECOME GIANT.
I was thinking that too! We can cancel into his backroll dive right? And even MB it to be super safe on block if necessary

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Watching the stream yeah he has a high advancing string but definitely can be poked out of and just blocked low. How do you know it's safe?

Definitely a Batman-esque archetype(mid range with projectiles) but his Trait grants more strings and attack options other than a safe get-in tool
So I saw the stream.

His trait has a low, overhead and throw option.

I know it's slow and you can see it at a glance to block high when he traits up. But I think it's worth looking into.

If hood is up close, he has a 9 frame mid which he can cancel into trait into pressure or retreat.

You can literally search up the frame data of his moves

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
So I saw the stream.

His trait has a low, overhead and throw option.

I know it's slow and you can see it at a glance to block high when he traits up. But I think it's worth looking into.

If hood is up close, he has a 9 frame mid which he can cancel into trait into pressure or retreat.

You can literally search up the frame data of his moves
I think the overhead Trait string is more efficient than the low option but we'll see. I can't wait to mess around in the lab