What's new

Red Hood General Discussion

I want something more similar to Batman than Robin. I think we'll get that, hopefully his strings aren't too wacky like Forward, Backward, Up/Down normals. Those get on my nerves
Jason is a Robin and should definitely play like one. That means being able to fight at any range. But Robins have the hype factor too. With the exception of Tim Robins aren't known for their chill. Robins go in and that's exactly what I'm hoping Red Hood does. Use his guns to get him in close so he can beat the other guy unconscious. I'd love to see him have some sort of charging sprint with maybe a roll or flip at the end as a tool to deal with projectiles. Actually something very similar to the running flip he did at the end of the DLC trailer would be perfect for that. That's got Jason written all over it. Fucking run in not giving any fucks about your fireballs.

Yep. Jason's definitely a Robin. Robins go in.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Jason is a Robin and should definitely play like one. That means being able to fight at any range. But Robins have the hype factor too. With the exception of Tim Robins aren't known for their chill. Robins go in and that's exactly what I'm hoping Red Hood does. Use his guns to get him in close so he can beat the other guy unconscious. I'd love to see him have some sort of charging sprint with maybe a roll or flip at the end as a tool to deal with projectiles. Actually something very similar to the running flip he did at the end of the DLC trailer would be perfect for that. That's got Jason written all over it. Fucking run in not giving any fucks about your fireballs.

Yep. Jason's definitely a Robin. Robins go in.
Haha.Well yeah that's what I meant. Batman's a hybrid of zoning and rushdown with a tad more emphasis on his rushdown capabilities. I agree I want Jason to be something similar. Robin tho is more of a pure rushdown right now in the game with some set ups and traps. I personally wanna see Jason use his guns a bit(a la Batman's batarangs or trait bats) with rushdown potential. We're in the same boat

And your idea about an evasive move like a sprint/flip or something would be dope I like that. We'll see!!

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
All this about "please be rushdown; please be a zoner" has got to STAHP.

Red Hood is a bat family character which by itself mean they're going to have above average rushdown with some ranged options.

While I personally dislike the idea of him becoming a zoner, too much rushdown AND too much zoning can make the game stale so putting him on the tips of each scale would potentially prove disastrous.

The idea here is that regardless of his playstyle, it'll be what it is at the end of day. I just want NRS to make him play true to form from how he's portrayed in the comics.

Sounds like most are on the same page here. Robins/Bat Family characters should indeed be able to operate at any range, with most leaning a bit towards close-range fighting. Jason does have his guns and they should definitely be woven into the character's fundamentals, but Jason's also kinda nuts. I can't imagine him not going in for the close-range brutal beat down if he has an opportunity.

It might be cool if he could use his guns to do sort a Bloodborne style Gun Parry that lets him move in for mixup pressure. I'd just hate to see him being able to rely on fullscreen shooting as a viable means of winning matches. Using his guns as a means of giving himself cover seems like a good fit for Red Hood, in my opinion.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
60% poke and rushdown
20% zooning
20% grappler

100% op awesome

trait should be F4 knife for rushdown , B4 guns for zoning , D4 Kinfe + one Pistol for poke zoning ... no trait = rushdown and grappler ...

pls nrs dont put an sniper on him

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
60% poke and rushdown
20% zooning
20% grappler

100% op awesome

trait should be F4 knife for rushdown , B4 guns for zoning , D4 Kinfe + one Pistol for poke zoning ... no trait = rushdown and grappler ...

pls nrs dont put an sniper on him
we really don't need any more % grappler, the rushdown cast is tiny and too much of it is taken up by command grabs already

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
we really don't need any more % grappler, the rushdown cast is tiny and too much of it is taken up by command grabs already
well if so , remove % grappler and put more pokes or 50/50 or maybe some hybrid zooning combos ?
what ur toughts ?

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
well if so , remove % grappler and put more pokes or 50/50 or maybe some hybrid zooning combos ?
what ur toughts ?
More pokes. Give him block strings and strong pokes to get in on zoners and STAY in on zoners. Give him a hard KD too.

NRS is scared to touch the 50/50 idea with a ten foot pole after injustice 1 and as a byproduct everything is an easy to block mid. Then you give zoners pushback strings and voila we have a zoner meta. If rushdown is going to have a chance they deserve blockstrings and pokes to get in. What is the single remotely rushdown character seeing a strong tournament presence? Batman. What does batman have? Pokes and blockstrings to get in (trait). Woops, almost forgot Atrocitus. What does he have? Blockstrings and a shield and his cat to get in with.

A zoner should be scared to throw out a projectile once a rushdown oriented character is nearing half screen, and a zoner should a) feel very terrified with a rushdown oriented character in their face and b) have to do more than block a single string to get them back to fullscreen. I'm fine with it being hard to get in on zoners, but when MB roll is the only answer because rushdown either don't have tools to get in, or have mid hitting tools that lead to fcp on block, it sucks, because meter economy already favors zoners like crazy. Flash isn't building bar sitting at fullscreen. When he finally has one, he has to blow it on getting in - now where is his meter for damage and continued pressure? IDK what the answer is other than basically just making red hood function as a second batman in design so we don't see j2 everywhere.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
More pokes. Give him block strings and strong pokes to get in on zoners and STAY in on zoners. Give him a hard KD too.

NRS is scared to touch the 50/50 idea with a ten foot pole after injustice 1 and as a byproduct everything is an easy to block mid. Then you give zoners pushback strings and voila we have a zoner meta. If rushdown is going to have a chance they deserve blockstrings and pokes to get in. What is the single remotely rushdown character seeing a strong tournament presence? Batman. What does batman have? Pokes and blockstrings to get in (trait). Woops, almost forgot Atrocitus. What does he have? Blockstrings and a shield and his cat to get in with.

A zoner should be scared to throw out a projectile once a rushdown oriented character is nearing half screen, and a zoner should a) feel very terrified with a rushdown oriented character in their face and b) have to do more than block a single string to get them back to fullscreen. I'm fine with it being hard to get in on zoners, but when MB roll is the only answer because rushdown either don't have tools to get in, or have mid hitting tools that lead to fcp on block, it sucks, because meter economy already favors zoners like crazy. Flash isn't building bar sitting at fullscreen. When he finally has one, he has to blow it on getting in - now where is his meter for damage and continued pressure? IDK what the answer is other than basically just making red hood function as a second batman in design so we don't see j2 everywhere.

Awesome

but with 9 dlc to come , sure nrs ill put more zooners and rushdowns

just thinking , what they gonna do with spawn and black manta ?

is zoom from the leaked dlc list garanted ?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
This guy with his armor suit and jacket reminds me of Punisher. I would love to see Punisher's skin there, but, unfortunately he's a Marvel guy. :(

This guy with his armor suit and jacket reminds me of Punisher. I would love to see Punisher's skin there, but, unfortunately he's a Marvel guy. :(
Jason is even more like the Winter Soldier. They're actually almost the same character. haha Jason's just more stylish and high-energy. You can give him all the lazurus pit swirlies ya want but the dude's still a Robin.

Yeah either a Punisher or Winter Soldier skin/gear would be sick. But yeah, Marvel. The best we could hope for would be some gear that's just similar enough. Maybe a chest piece with a solid silver sleeve or an unmasked head item with the domino mask and long hair. That one actually work for both characters. haha

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Jason is even more like the Winter Soldier. They're actually almost the same character. haha Jason's just more stylish and high-energy. You can give him all the lazurus pit swirlies ya want but the dude's still a Robin.

Yeah either a Punisher or Winter Soldier skin/gear would be sick. But yeah, Marvel. The best we could hope for would be some gear that's just similar enough. Maybe a chest piece with a solid silver sleeve or an unmasked head item with the domino mask and long hair. That one actually work for both characters. haha
Mind sharing why he's like winter soldier. I see slightly where you're coming from but I wonder why though?

I'm asking cause I'm curious

Mind sharing why he's like winter soldier. I see slightly where you're coming from but I wonder why though?

I'm asking cause I'm curious
Well both Jason Todd and Bucky Barnes got their starts as young sidekicks. Jason with Batman and Bucky with Captain America. Bucky first appeared in 1941 and Jason in 1983.

Both of them were killed in action fighting along side their partners decades back. Then, after having been dead for years and years, especially Bucky, both were resurrected and resurfaced as troubled and tortured "villains" then not too long after became anti-heroes. Bucky's return was in January 2005 and Jason's was also in 2005.

Both antiheroes, after their return, favor using guns pretty generously to get the job done. They're both incredibly deadly fighters up close and ranged. Jason probably enjoys his fights more than Bucky and Jason certainly likes to be more flashy in his style as well. Bucky on the other hand only cares about getting the job done and he's pretty good at that job. Both characters since returning have a cold and sometimes inhumane nature to their personalities. They're both far from who they were when they were sidekicks.

And to top it all off, both sported classic domino masks as sidekicks and often still do. You just can't see Jason's when he's got his helmet on. haha