Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Local Cop

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Famous MMA champion

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Kill (Bill) Kano revenge tale Sonya

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
I want her to be a GILF but im partial to older women, doesnt really make sense for earthrealm gilfs to be in death tournaments

Whippoorwill

In my hater era
In my mind none of these haha! I think the twist is Kano starting out as a good guy. They've kinda tried it before but never shown it, just like Sonya's partner getting killed.

Kratilim

Noob
I'm missing the "She isn't on the roster" option. Honest answer here, not saying it to troll. I think there's loads of other female mk characters to choose from the should get a chance.

I'm missing the "She isn't on the roster" option. Honest answer here, not saying it to troll. I think there's loads of other female mk characters to choose from the should get a chance.
She’s a staple
You can play those other characters she takes up one slot just like everyone else

maybe scorpion should stop hogging spots so other male characters should get a chance

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Undercover black dragon could be cool. Maybe she's forced to kill one of Kano's buddies and it's him who wants revenge?

And honestly, she just being an ordinary cop works for me too. Making it so her life went in a completely different direction this timeline, and Liu Kang goes to find her because he needs a few heroes again. It could work too, but it's basically Strykers original story. Maybe they could be partners.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I don't want any HUGE twists. Not only for Sonya but for all of OG chars (let's say MK1-UMK3). I grew with them being a good guys & bad guys and I want this to stay as it is. Minor retcons are fine (that's why I liked MK9 - it was basically the same story, but with some twists) but to throw the whole rich story of MK to the thrash bin just because mr. Cianciolo says so - I'm in total disagreement.

1st of - I don't trust him as a writer AT ALL and he proved that he cannot create a decent story
2nd - they should simply MOVE FORWARD rather than rewriting what we already know if they want to surprise us somehow. Introducing new characters and reintroducing the "obscure" ones should work. I didn't like the Frost twist, but it actually suits her personality so I can accept it. If we suddenly turn Sonya into a bad guy JUST BECAUSE CIANCIOLO SAYS SO - I mean, come on! There is a difference between character development and just saying retcon lol

Last edited:
I don't want any HUGE twists. Not only for Sonya but for all of OG chars (let's say MK1-UMK3). I grew with them being a good guys & bad guys and I want this to stay as it is. Minor retcons are fine (that's why I liked MK9 - it was basically the same story, but with some twists) but to throw the whole rich story of MK to the thrash bin just because mr. Cianciolo says so - I'm in total disagreement.

1st of - I don't trust him as a writer AT ALL and he proved that he cannot create a decent story
2nd - they should simply MOVE FORWARD rather than rewriting what we already know if they want to surprise us somehow. Introducing new characters and reintroducing the "obscure" ones should work. I didn't like the Frost twist, but it actually suits her personality so I can accept it. If we suddenly turn Sonya into a bad guy JUST BECAUSE CIANCIOLO SAYS SO - I mean, come on! There is a difference between character development and just saying retcon lol
It will always be a vortex of mk1/2 fanfic retelling with infinite self references and fan service. Don't expect much.
Whataver good points of moving forward where introduced in MKX where also killed within it (outworld civil war).

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
She is the Black dragon leader until Kano betrays her. Then she forms the red dragon. Instant rivalry.

Last edited:

Anansi416

Tarkat Lead Cook
No to brainwash arcs I actually really do not like them (Sindel is the exception cause she was resurrected by dark magic in MK3). I prefer characters to be good, bad or neutral due to personal agency and choices. Her infiltrating the Black Dragon could be a fun experience. Turn the betrayal arc a different way maybe.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I actually like the local cop angle. Clearly she has a passion to serve, but this is an attempt by Liu Kang to change her fate so that she's not consumed chasing Kano. The irony being that she ends up in that life at some point anyway.

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
Sonya's a military brat, isn't she? Can't see her being involved doing anything other than fighting the good fight. I like the idea of her being an undercover Black Dragon agent. Might lead to some fun possibilities.