What's new

[Reboot] Final Patch Mortal Kombat 9 Petition

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
The desired change list is over-the-top. "Reconfiguring" netcode and opening more servers? Universal system mechanic changes? Fixing performance increases that are likely related to Unreal?

A better idea is to focus on what is actionable, like changing some numbers in a data file, rather than throwing the kitchen sink in the mix and demanding huge engineering tasks. The current petition is unreasonable and unrealistic.

You know something? When I made a thread about donating for a new patch very few supported and a lot mocked me and said that the patch would need a lot of money to make and implement. Now when Digimon proposed to make a petition for free almost a thousand people signed, and all of you got trolled. And you are mad? Lol at you. You're mad because you can't get for free what you desire, yet you shat on me when I proposed to make a donation? (as little as you could, I was ready to give 100$ at first, then, if things went well, I would give another 100$). Lol at you again. MKC kinda deserves the troll from Digi, but I don't sympathize him either.
Anyway imagine if that 1000 supporters donated 5$ average. Some one like me and others who supported me then were ready to donate more than 10-50$. We'd had more than 5000$ right now. Smh.
I think this would motivate any developer to put at least some time into the patch.

If they do a title update, i will glady pay for it. Ultra SF4 is charging 15$ - 20 $ i suppose, also, if they release new costumes, it will be more

Because we are the consumers, we are the ones that buy their games and we are the ones who support their product, therfore they should listen to tehir consumers. If you burn your consumers then you are destined to fail next time around, look at what happened to MS, everyone began to take their money elsewhere until they listened to the consumers.
If too many of us ask for it, and this reach the videogames media, they will need to hear us.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I don't want to have an argument, but I will make a final point. If a company burns their customers they are less likely to return and purchase future products from that company. It hurts their business and gives them a bad reputation. Sure we all paid for our current copy of the game, but when we and others take note of them disregarding the customer and not continuing to support the product, then it cuts into their bottom line, because those customers don't return.
Their main customer is the casual player, which again, doesn't give a crap about balance. I can guarantee you more people dropped the game because Kung Lao's spin got unspamable (which I witnessed at a tournament I went to and bodied KL spammers with Jade on a console that had KL's spin nerfed).

BGMD

Noob
I signed the first petition, but tbh I'm having hard time believing 20000 signatures is reachable, especially under these new circumstances. Any amount of money collected through donations would also be just a change to WB, your best bet is that NRS somehow convinces higher ups at WB why are changes necessary, and even that is a longshot.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
If they do a title update, i will glady pay for it. Ultra SF4 is charging 15$ - 20 $ i suppose, also, if they release new costumes, it will be more
If they do, of course. But if YOU want an update more than they do, you'll have to motivate them somehow. Petition shows desire from the community, but it doesn't necessarily give desire to the devs. You have to be respectful and diplomatic. We want the patch and we are ready to pay for your time to put in it. Agreed? Here you go, have the funds. Disagree? Ok, still good, but you get nothing.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Their main customer is the casual player, which again, doesn't give a crap about balance. I can guarantee you more people dropped the game because Kung Lao's spin got unspamable (which I witnessed at a tournament I went to and bodied KL spammers with Jade on a console that had KL's spin nerfed).
You see the casuel market does care thats the part you miss. The core market is the early adopters of a franchise and the casuel market will typically base their future purchase off of the feedback they see from the core market. If they say its good and NRS rox then they will likely buy it. Not every consumer is an impulse buyer.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
You see the casuel market does care thats the part you miss. The core market is the early adopters of a franchise and the casuel market will typically base their future purchase off of the feedback they see from the core market. If they say its good and NRS rox then they will likely buy it. Not every consumer is an impulse buyer.
The core market is the one that pre-buys the game or buys it at it's release. What happens later is just putting a little sugar where needed, so people that got salty from their initial product become at least neutral to it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
People in here have to understand that very few desire the patch. You think people like POTH give a shit? I can guarantee that if Kenshi gets patched and loses to Jade 0-10 (like it should've been in the first place) POTH will turn into m2dave 2.0. The patch is mostly desired by people that play tournament unviable chars, or those that enjoy the game as a concept (like UFG). That makes these people even fewer. Which is why making a donation is your best bet.
i have confirmation that some angolan kabal and Cyrax mains don't want this game patched, indeed one of them told me today.

"It will be your fault if this game gets worse" and after this he signed the petition the wrote the following.
"I will start a petition to not sell injustice anymore" though of course he was trolling at this part and just wanted to make me laugh.

TheSpore

i have confirmation that some angolan kabal and Cyrax mains don't want this game patched, indeed one of them told me today.

"It will be your fault if this game gets worse" and after this he signed the petition the wrote the following.
"I will start a petition to not sell injustice anymore" though of course he was trolling at this part and just wanted to make me laugh.
Of course not they like being free

Well at least he signed it :)

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Exactly, I'm a causal and bought the komplete edition after watching a lot of videos and reading a lot of comments, and even being a casual I want an update, and I'm willing to pay for that. Just think about skullgirls, it got almost 1 million dollars mainly from casuals.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Exactly, I'm a causal and bought the komplete edition after watching a lot of videos and reading a lot of comments, and even being a casual I want an update, and I'm willing to pay for that. Just think about skullgirls, it got almost 1 million dollars mainly from casuals.
Just pick up one of the top chars and don't bother.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Just pick up one of the top chars and don't bother.
I hate kabal and Kenshi, but I like Cyrax. still, casuals dont pick the overpowered, we pick the char we like the most even if he is fish tier *coughcybersubcough*

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I hate kabal and Kenshi, but I like Cyrax. still, casuals dont pick the overpowered, we pick the char we like the most even if he is fish tier *coughcybersubcough*
So, as a casual, what do you do when your favorite char doesn't grant you wins?

TheSpore

Even playing competetivly Im the same way I have to like a character to want to use them. I have learned a bit about using Cyrax and Kabal, but I am so tired of having fight those two all the time and they are just way too overpowered.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
So, as a casual, what do you do when your favorite char doesn't grant you wins?
I pick the next favorite of course, duh. In my case, sub zero, then it will be noob saibot, then, ermac, then liu kang? I don't know but I play almost with all chars, I'm a casual player man, dont stick with just one at least it is a very awesome char.

mighty_honour_korea

HYO-OO *nut punch*
I don't want to have an argument, but I will make a final point. If a company burns their customers they are less likely to return and purchase future products from that company. It hurts their business and gives them a bad reputation. Sure we all paid for our current copy of the game, but when we and others take note of them disregarding the customer and not continuing to support the product, then it cuts into their bottom line, because those customers don't return.
The first time I ever saw MK9 was watching it on the MLG stream. While the game itself definitely piqued my interest, I seriously doubt I'd have purchased Mortal Kombat if not for the fact that it was being promoted as an eSport. MK9 being played at MLG led me to make certain assumptions about the game, such as good competitive features (e.g a robust practice system), good developer support, and that it had reasonably well-balanced gameplay.

What is now patently obvious is that I was wrong in every assumption I made and that MK9 was crammed into MLG in lieu of a more established fighter that the company ultimately was unable to license.

As someone who spent years playing Counter-Strike and Warcraft 3, I don't feel like I got my monies worth from NRS and I don't believe I ever will. As a result, I recently stopped playing MK9 and it's highly unlikely I'll ever buy another NRS game again - despite the fact I've been waiting on pins and needles for MK9 to come to PC.

I'm upset at MLG for permitting such a rough game to be featured as a main event in their competitions, I'm upset at NRS for making such a fun competitive game, but then falling completely flat in terms of support, and I'm upset at myself for confusing what was ultimately just a marketing strategy by NRS with a passion for competitive gaming.

In summation, you're right Spore. Customers do get upset and it does cost companies money. It cost them mine.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I pick the next favorite of course, duh. In my case, sub zero, then it will be noob saibot, then, ermac, then liu kang? I don't know but I play almost with all chars, I'm a casual player man, dont stick with just one at least it is a very awesome char.
So pick up Cyrax or Kenshi now if you want easy wins, or Kabal if you want to dominate, but with more work put in. Why take the long road when the path to total domination is clear :confused:

TheSpore

So pick up Cyrax or Kenshi now if you want easy wins, or Kabal if you want to dominate, but with more work put in. Why take the long road when the path to total domination is clear :confused:
Taking the easy road is boring:) I prefer to work for my cookies