What's new

Reasons I'm Enjoying Myself

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Alright, since we got a thread outlining what could be changed about the game or what people don't like about it, I figured I'd make a positive thread.

• I don't play alone
  • I play skilled players
    • I always learn, I never feel like I've hit a plateau and that's very important to not get discouraged or bored.
  • I love my main
    • Not to sound "imagine being in a relationship with your main" kinda creepy, but you need to love your main. You need to connect with them on some level. Whether it's their style, their clothes, their moves, their sense of humor, their personality, you need to connect with them on some level to want to stick with them for YEARS. And this roster is big, you can find a character you'll connect with.
  • I planned to join Offline and Online Tournaments
    • Even if you win or lose, you'll always gain something from doing this and getting out of your comfort zone. A sense of accomplishment, new tech or even friends.
I want to say to not take it too seriously, but sometimes it's needed if you want to improve. I want to say don't be too hard on yourselves but I am the worst at doing that. It's still just a game and if you aren't enjoying yourself it's probably because you're trying to enjoy it alone. Hands down the best time I've EVER had playing this game was playing KOTH with the TYM fam or when I do 1V1s against other players on here. If you aren't playing with people on here, get on that, now.

Hope this helped.

Oh, and if your main is bottom tier, Cassie Cage is always a good option ;)

Last edited:
You need to connect with them on some level. Whether it's their style, their clothes, their moves, their sense of humor, their personality, you need to connect with them on some level to want to stick with them for YEARS. And this roster is big, you can find a character you'll connect with.
About a year ago I had a dream where I became kung lao. First thing I did - took off the metal hat and said to myself HOLY SHIT ITS AS COOL AS I ALWAYS IMAGINED.

liu kang stood right next to me and thought I was messing around

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
About a year ago I had a dream where I became kung lao. First thing I did - took off the metal hat and said to myself HOLY SHIT ITS AS COOL AS I ALWAYS IMAGINED.

liu kang stood right next to me and thought I was messing around
Damn, that's funny. If I ever dream I'm Cassie I'm gonna kick and punch and elbow and knee so many nuts.

Lun

proud TERF!
I mean, everyone enjoys games differently. VSlayer, your view of it is to enjoy it as a social thing - and that's nice. But if you think you can't enjoy a game unless you're in a group of friends, it means the game sucks. Some crap games with zero gameplay thrive on the fact they are "social" - but you're not playing a game, you're just chatting.

Thankfully, MK11 doesn't suck, it's a legit game, and for example this guy I know absolutely refuses to play it online but buys every MK game at day one. And he loves it.

And then we have a third scenario: for me, the human part in MK is not about the socializing at all. It's about the fact that a human opponent is a much more stimulating challenge than an AI.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I mean, everyone enjoys games differently. VSlayer, your view of it is to enjoy it as a social thing - and that's nice. But if you think you can't enjoy a game unless you're in a group of friends, it means the game sucks. Some crap games with zero gameplay thrive on the fact they are "social" - but you're not playing a game, you're just chatting.

Thankfully, MK11 doesn't suck, it's a legit game, and for example this guy I know absolutely refuses to play it online but buys every MK game at day one. And he loves it.

And then we have a third scenario: for me, the human part in MK is not about the socializing at all. It's about the fact that a human opponent is a much more stimulating challenge than an AI.
Yeah for sure, I mean we all need our alone time to play the game alone and I do that, but far less than playing with others. As you said, it depends on people, but let's say someone is not enjoying the 1 player content, then maybe playing with other people may help them enjoy it more.

Reactions: Lun

Lun

proud TERF!
.....And I forgot, about the "playing skilled players" part..... it's kind of my fixation as well. My way of training is not spending much time in training mode, but finding someone who's better at me and fighting them again and again and again and again!

All those are really good and I agree. Except for the tournaments, I'm not good enough for those (yet).
I really enjoy the game despite my bad feelings towards the way singleplayer content is handled. It's really fun.
On the main issue I really love Baraka in this game, he is just so straighforward. Him constantly calling Noob a Ghost is hilarious. Wish he had a more armored skin like in MK9.

I'm really enjoying myself with the game and have been since day one. I'm a big fan of the franchise, especially the klassics, and this reboot trilogy really fired up that nostalgia and passion for me again.

For Mortal Kombat 11, I really enjoyed the story and seeing how this arc ended. I like having a new villain, and one who's interesting and has a lot of potential to be developed even more down the road.

I like the return to a more footsie and execution-based style of play, and I like how the game isn't just a copy of Mortal Kombat XL.

I'm enjoying Towers of Time, though I didn't like them at first due to their gimmicky nature, but they're growing on me. I love the Krypt and think it's the most interesting and best implemented version yet. It actually really has me craving a proper third person action adventure game set in the franchise!

I'm in my very late 30's, and I find the older I get, the less I care for competitive gaming myself (playing, I really enjoy watching still). Aside from being older and having slower reaction times, I find if there's enough conflict and stress in life and since I use games to relax, I'm not as into it there now. So as of right now, I have not touched Online yet, though I will at some point and I'll likely play for a while.

Overall, I find the production values of Mortal Kombat 11 to be absolutely excellent, and I think it's a really fun fighting game and an excellent addition to the series.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I’m loving this game. It’s the most fun I’ve had playing MK other than UMK3 when it was popping on live. I don’t think I would change much in the game itself. It’s a blast playing sets with my small circle and learning new char matchups.

Great thread. There’s way too much negativity out there to not enjoy the game.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yeah, this game is good, very good, and , if you don't take care, is kinda of .... addictive, hehe :D

Hated to hell all the MK 3D era, so, once they announced they were coming back to the "MK roots" (MK9), my level of hype and exciting expectation went to TNT cloud mushroom level (Pulp Fiction reference, hehe) .... so, I decided to give support and appreciate again this lovely series, and it has being this way so far, with MK9, MKX and now MK11

none is perfect, sure .... but, MK11 I believe majority is more or less satisfied with it, and there is room for improvement in the game, that's for sure .... in resume, it's a good product that we enjoy a lot to consume, hehe :)

rule of life: people enjoy competition and goods matches, you can see in the sports in real life, so, MK11 brings somehow some kind of this hype excitment and entertainment for fans of fighting games .... even when the others communities games try to put MK down, calling a game "with no brain made to please scrubs" , we don't care and try to apreciate the well done work they did in these MK games

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
That part about being able to connect with your character is pretty much why I haven't been able to pick up some of the other top-tier characters, although I've been considering picking up Erron due to him being my main in the previous game. I don't want to use a character because its an easy win, I want to use them because I gel with them.

For me, my past experience as a defensive-style player in Street Fighter is why I gravitated towards Cassie. The personality and her connection to my perennial main Johnny Cage helped to seal the deal. I've also been consistently been planning Cassie strategies in my head, which is something I haven't been able to do since MK9 Johnny.

That part about being able to connect with your character is pretty much why I haven't been able to pick up some of the other top-tier characters, although I've been considering picking up Erron due to him being my main in the previous game. I don't want to use a character because its an easy win, I want to use them because I gel with them.

For me, my past experience as a defensive-style player in Street Fighter is why I gravitated towards Cassie. The personality and her connection to my perennial main Johnny Cage helped to seal the deal. I've also been consistently been planning Cassie strategies in my head, which is something I haven't been able to do since MK9 Johnny.
Yup. Kitana play very differently this time around, but I'm sticking with her, and I use Highborn. I also want to learn Shao Kahn because he just looks like so much fun, and also Jade as she looks like a fun keep-away character.

Gaxkang

Banned
It's a very well produced game in terms of being a total package of content.

Story mode was cool, the towers have gotten more enjoyable (some fights are still real cheap), there's the Krypt and unlocking various stuff. So there's plenty of single player content. And playing single player is enjoyable.

And I am interested to see the DLC characters.

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
I'm loving this game

• The Lab
    • The training mode in this game is really good. I spend at least 50% of my time in there testing situations and practicing patterns and variations. It really feels like it's improving my play and even if it's not, it's a fun relaxing way for me to enjoy the game.
  • Kasual Kompetitive
    • It seems really easy to find high-level players that are willing to play longer sets in this mode. This is the only way I want to play the game online.
  • The Customization
    • idk I think that people really get into customizing their main. It's cool to see how different players represent their character. There is an incredible amount of gear variety.
  • The Meta
    • The game offers a lot of interesting options and opportunities. The meta seems to be evolving as people unpack the various features of combat, as well as just the overall character designs. There always seems to be something new to get from the forums, especially if you lurk in threads about characters you don't play.