What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Reasons I Think Jacqui Briggs Is NOT Top 5

Right? You can literally zone him and if he teleports, either Stanky leg for a full combo or a S1 into combo. End every combo in BF1 to send him back full screen.
Kung Lao doesn't have to go in on Jacqui at all. For Lao players who try to go in on Jacqui when not in the corner is playing the MU wrong. Jacqui has to come to him.

Hiyomoto

Noob
Kung Lao doesn't have to go in on Jacqui at all. For Lao players who try to go in on Jacqui when not in the corner is playing the MU wrong. Jacqui has to come to him.
What's your reasoning on that? You can tech shield anything he throws at you on reaction and Jacqui has more options full screen.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
How has it not? You can't tell me D'Vorah's ovipositors, Alien's tail, Predator's D4, Takedas whips etc don't help.
Lackey's entire viability stems from the fact that d.1 exists.

Length matters more than you think :DOGE
Yet Cassie has T-rex arms and hits from 45% screen with b1. Again, it's not the limb size -- it's animations, advancing hitboxes, mobility etc.

Last edited:

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Jacqui Briggs is not top 5. She is in the 9-12 range. and ill tell you why
- Short limbs
- Good amount of bad MUs
She cant poke back or get started on some a characters strings or normal's. Thanks.
Solid points here yea id say one of the main points already semi talked about are the reach of her normal's in the face of the rest of the cast...

Like man, that feeling you get when you forget that you are out of range for your d1,miss timed it and or other to connect to start combo pressure and the opponent just whiff punishes/jumps over it is maddening to say the least..

But yea no shes not top 5 i have no idea why folks are up in arms (pun intended) over jac briggs being near s-tier..while i understand the buffs she has make her more then viable there are characters that mop the floor with her easily in the cast...lots...

Edit: i keep forgetting to also take variations into account etc..but yea solid ones but no top 5...

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Whenever I dick around in practice mode with her she seems über broken, but when I look at how tiny her limbs are and her other shortcomings she seems like dog shit. Guess that makes her mid tier?
Agreed...its all fun and game with this character till you start getting out into the field against different match ups and get out prioritized with basic character normal's in the face of your whiffed normal's etc...

Yet Cassie has T-rex arms and hits from 45% screen with b1. Again, it's not the limb size -- it's animations, advancing hitboxes, mobility etc.
Agreed...its all fun and game with this character till you start getting out into the field against different match ups and get out prioritized with basic character normal's in the face of your whiffed normal's etc...
if only F1 was 10 frames

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Thats a distinction without a difference. Cassie doesn't suffer from T-Rex arms because of b1, but Jacqui doesn't have a normal that does what b1 does. A lot of variations wouldn't be anywhere close to where they are without big limbs.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Thats a distinction without a difference. Cassie doesn't suffer from T-Rex arms because of b1, but Jacqui doesn't have a normal that does what b1 does.
Which is why she was given other ways of quickly covering space. There's more to a neutral game than a single normal.. it involves the whole set of normals, specials, mobility/run etc.

This is why you can't just say "because short limbs"

Exhibit A:

Reach of the gods vs. "t-rex arms". Note the smart usage of b2, bf2, f12, bf1, run, low shotgun, and jump-ins to cover space. Sonic is smart enough to use all the tools.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Which is why she was given other ways of quickly covering space. There's more to a neutral game than a single normal.. it involves the whole set of normals, specials, mobility/run etc.

This is why you can't just say "because short limbs"

Exhibit A:

Reach of the gods vs. "t-rex arms". Note the smart usage of b2, bf2, f12, bf1, run, low shotgun, and jump-ins to cover space.
Stop. Player with good neutral != character with good neutral, this shouldn't even be a talking point. And as for "smart usage" he whiffed most of his B2s and BF1s and they went completely unpunished which is a fault on Red's part since they're pretty bad on whiff, that's just lucky. It needs to at least be acknowledged that Red might not know the matchup.

Stop. Player with good neutral != character with good neutral, this shouldn't even be a talking point. And as for "smart usage" he whiffed most of his B2s and BF1s and they went completely unpunished which is a fault on Red's part since they're pretty bad on whiff, that's just lucky. It needs to at least be acknowledged that Red might not know the matchup.
yeah he really didn't know the MU. you shouldn't even be using bf1 as a neutral tool.....

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
yeah he really didn't know the MU. you shouldn't even be using bf1 as a neutral tool.....
I meant Red didn't but alright. I don't know about that, at 11 frames and with good reach it can be a useful whiff punisher since god knows her other moves won't reach or are too slow lol. Think of it like Subs/Reptiles slide but a high :p

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Her limbs suck in range, which is why she walks and runs so fast, obviously.

I think Jacqui can turn heads, but she takes quite a good deal of work. Unless you're Shotgun. Fuck Shotgun. (Kidding)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Stop. Player with good neutral != character with good neutral, this shouldn't even be a talking point. And as for "smart usage" he whiffed most of his B2s and BF1s and they went completely unpunished
Lol, wut

He landed 5 b2's in the set
He whiffed 2 of them due to being too far away on reads

I'm no rocket scientist, but Math > Tears

Also, Sonic isn't the only player that knows how to effectively use Jacqui's tools in neutral -- just the most prominent example.

Last edited: