What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Reasons I Think Jacqui Briggs Is NOT Top 5

Jacqui Briggs is not top 5. She is in the 9-12 range. and ill tell you why
- Short limbs
- Good amount of bad MUs
yes she is one of the most balanced characters in the game and one of the safest, but she just has too many bad MUs to be considered top 5. I will say this though. She is one buff from being top 5. Not just a small tweak.....i mean an actual buff. Her bad MUs off the top of my head are.....
- Shinnok
- Sub Zero
- Cassie
- Reptile
- Dvorah
- Kung Jin
- Takeda
- Kung lao
Some of the ones i listed above can be argued about but my point is.....there is just too many.
The other reason is because of her short limbs. Some characters can get away with certain strings that are usually unsafe or close to being unsafe. She cant poke back or get started on some a characters strings or normal's. Thanks.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I disagree with Sub zero, kung Lao and Cassie being bad match ups. I think across her variations she manages those just fine. Reptile isn't great, but it's definitely manageable too

I'd add the following to the bad matchup lost though:
- Mileena
- Johnny Cage
- Kano
- Liu Kang
- Jax

She's definitely not top 5, but the main reason is there are just a heap of characters with more dirt.

In terms of not having the reach, 4u4 punish a lot of stuff. In high tech it's a 30% midscreen combo. You get even more in shotgun and full auto.

I disagree with Sub zero, kung Lao and Cassie being bad match ups. I think across her variations she manages those just fine. Reptile isn't great, but it's definitely manageable too

I'd add the following to the bad matchup lost though:
- Mileena
- Johnny Cage
- Kano
- Liu Kang
- Jax

She's definitely not top 5, but the main reason is there are just a heap of characters with more dirt.

In terms of not having the reach, 4u4 punish a lot of stuff. In high tech it's a 30% midscreen combo. You get even more in shotgun and full auto.
Yeah I agree with you.

MasterBelmont

Aspiring competitive MKXL/MVCI player from Oregon
As an Aftershock Tremor main, I can tell you that's also an unfavorable matchup (6-4 Tremor, IMO). Shotgun and High Tech get out-zoned and Full Auto's gun can easily be punished with air quake (although I could be wrong about those numbers).

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Kung Lao can't teleport at all really without getting punished. But when Jacqui is in the corner against him. It's hard to get out imo. Some of his staggerable strings Jacqui can poke back against.
Exactly that's why I don't think it's bad. It's pretty even imo. Both have stuff they can do to force the opponent to play their game.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I don't think limb size has ever been a determining factor of who's good in MKX.

That's a talking point from Vanilla that should no longer carry any weight.

Unforgivxble

Don status KHAOTIC Jink
Jacqui Briggs is not top 5. She is in the 9-12 range. and ill tell you why
- Short limbs
- Good amount of bad MUs
yes she is one of the most balanced characters in the game and one of the safest, but she just has too many bad MUs to be considered top 5. I will say this though. She is one buff from being top 5. Not just a small tweak.....i mean an actual buff. Her bad MUs off the top of my head are.....
- Shinnok
- Sub Zero
- Cassie
- Reptile
- Dvorah
- Kung Jin
- Takeda
- Kung lao
Some of the ones i listed above can be argued about but my point is.....there is just too many.
The other reason is because of her short limbs. Some characters can get away with certain strings that are usually unsafe or close to being unsafe. She cant poke back or get started on some a characters strings or normal's. Thanks.
I agree yo, she just can't deal with some of her hard mu's. Basically though you're wrong because if you can't do it that basically means Yung monster is better and that you need to get good. I appreciate your opinion, thanks for sharing. *kappa*
But for real yeah she just has too many bad mu's and you can get away with things on her that you wouldn't be able to do vs others. Like shinnok can d4 and unless you do like s1 at perfect timing I can f4.

I agree yo, she just can't deal with some of her hard mu's. Basically though you're wrong because if you can't do it that basically means Yung monster is better and that you need to get good. I appreciate your opinion, thanks for sharing. *kappa*
But for real yeah she just has too many bad mu's and you can get away with things on her that you wouldn't be able to do vs others. Like shinnok can d4 and unless you do like s1 at perfect timing I can f4.
I thought she was 7-10 :joker::joker:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
As an Aftershock Tremor main, I can tell you that's also an unfavorable matchup (6-4 Tremor, IMO). Shotgun and High Tech get out-zoned and Full Auto's gun can easily be punished with air quake (although I could be wrong about those numbers).
Full auto actually gets to pretty much play her game. She can bait air quakes and punish and her rocket discourages jumping in general. Her damage is equal if not better and she doesn't really struggle in the neutral against him.