What's new

REAL Mortal Kombat Tier List Project

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i must say as a run away zoning player that uses sindel the roof top DUSK is thee stage to be on. the chances of getting stuck in the corner is so low which in turn increases my chance of winning..

Give them the choice of new character selection, or new stage. If you pick a new character, you must remain on the same stage in the previous game.

Badabing, badaboom.
I like this idea. But, you lose round 1 and change the stage. Then you win, then they change the stage back and you're out of the tournament. So people will fight over who picks the first stage... lol

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Give them the choice of new character selection, or new stage. If you pick a new character, you must remain on the same stage in the previous game.

Badabing, badaboom.
thats how it is in smash brothers where stages mean everything

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I really think the default stage for tournaments should be The Courtyard. (DAY)
It runs smooth, it isn't too small nor too big, it is default select for color blind players (mind you, some color blind players may not even speak up, and choose to hide it,)

But I can do one for Kitana and Sindel if you'd like
I really think the default stage for tournaments should be The Courtyard. (DAY)
It runs smooth, it isn't too small nor too big, it is default select for color blind players (mind you, some color blind players may not even speak up, and choose to hide it,)

But I can do one for Kitana and Sindel if you'd like
Nah man. If i'm picking the stage it's gonna be pit all day, if you're lucky maybe Shang Tsungs garden but i'm not trying to deal with all dem fans while i'm getting my F3 on.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
At the beginning of a match there should be a coin flip. Whoever wins gets to choose player 1 advantage or stage advantage. If you p1 advantage then you got that the rest of the set but the other person has stage adv. What's chosen is chosen and no switching between each match. This will make it run quickly and be fair to both parties. That's imo of course.

At the beginning of a match there should be a coin flip. Whoever wins gets to choose player 1 advantage or stage advantage. If you p1 advantage then you got that the rest of the set but the other person has stage adv. What's chosen is chosen and no switching between each match. This will make it run quickly and be fair to both parties. That's imo of course.

This is better than THTB's proposition that you are forced to choose between a new character and stage advantage.

When I first read the OP I just thought Reo was being rediculous in his obsessiveness but his ideas aren't without merit.

It doesn't matter if other fighting communities don't rank characters based on stages. It is their own problem if they don't have the dedication to break down something that is fundamentally important to their game.

It is even more silly that people are insinuating P1 advantage doesn't matter, because it seems to not have any statistical significance when people didn't know about them; but you don't put in the effort to actually prove P1 wasn't statistically significant.

Now that P1 has been verified it's disingenuous to say it doesn't change your thinking about how to use block strings and poking tools.

Anyone who has an issue with accounting for 0.5 in a matchup chart should consider this. 6/4 advantage means you have 50% greater chance of winning your fight. 5.5/4.5 means uou have a 22% greater chance of winning your fight. Rounding that value up to 6/4 would be too misleading.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I remember Shoryuken bringing up stage sizes last year. It matters so much in this game... lol

And I'm so happy that the P1 Advantage has been established because I think this confused the shit out of a lot of players. I remember after MLG I learned to beat Cages F3 knee, and nobody understood exactly how. Even Wonder_Chef was like, "Nah" lol The thing is, every time I was in practice mode against someone, clearly I was P1 since I was the one testing it... lol

#FAIL

Keep up the vids, REO.

MKK hanzo

Troll mode ON:

I wanna see MrWizard face when you peeps present a list of tournament rules for EVO. Brawl Vol.2.

Serious note and little off topic: Whats the concensus then about P1 priority?

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Tbh I think ppl should never really think in a strict, on paper tier list or MU chart/list. I think its not only over-analysis, it just ends in counter productive circles. At the end of the day u should just be discussing how viable or non viable a char is in general, in certain mus under certain conditions, and not obsess over what superficial numbers to tag on that. Raiden on papre is freakin amazing, great MUs up the whazoo, but u c him in action, and its just not quite as there (tho he is still very good).

Also different players matchup differently when playing certain char MUs, and so on. The list of factors goes on, but at the end of the day what dictates results is a collection of the character(s), the player, and the chemistry/combination/dynamic of those two things. Any1 who denies any of that is delusional, Im sry, unless its an extraordinary situation.

I honestly would like to see how this pans out.

Can anyone inform me the sizes of every stage? I would like to know the larges/small/medium etc. I would actually think this would help me in my gameplay aspect a lot. Do they actually help certain characters? Like, I always knew there was different sizes but I never thought this would actually go that in depth with them. Looking forward to seeing how this project pans out. Good shit, once again REO.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I honestly would like to see how this pans out.

Can anyone inform me the sizes of every stage? I would like to know the larges/small/medium etc. I would actually think this would help me in my gameplay aspect a lot. Do they actually help certain characters? Like, I always knew there was different sizes but I never thought this would actually go that in depth with them. Looking forward to seeing how this project pans out. Good shit, once again REO.
Here. http://testyourmight.com/threads/general-mk9-frame-data-info.15988/ The largest stage is rooftop day. The smallest is the pit. Yes, considering there are characters that prefer their space, the longer you keep someone out with your shenanigans the more likely you'll end up winning. By that I mean zoning the shit out of people with kabal/kitana/ermac/noob to name a few...oh and sindel. Zoning is weak in this game, so having a stage thats 49% larger than the base could make or break your game.