What's new

READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!? The 2011-2012 NFL thread

I$AAC

Noob
Well the preseason officially starts soon and I'm hyped!! This will be the first thread on TYM thats talks about Tom Brady that DOESN'T Play MK lol. Anyway, GO BUCS!!!

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Cowboys' 2nd team looked pretty good, barely squeaked it out against Denver. Can't wait to see some starters in a few series'. Scared about our division though, philly has a lot of depth @ qb.

-b_s- :headbang:

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Lol. On the off-chance that this isn't in fact the most epic troll post ever, I will answer, its still pre season :D

SZSR

Noob
Lol, I didn't know. But I guess reading the topic post would help people like me.

Subzerosmokerai
:stupid:

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Lol, I didn't know. But I guess reading the topic post would help people like me.

Subzerosmokerai
:stupid:
I'll forgive you this time, only cuz your a sub player. :D and I didn't mean any offense at all, it just screamed trolling at first blush

Big Frog

Noob
I'm not excited about the Ravens at all this year. We got some pretty good talent....just that dreaded O Line and cornerbacks. Seems like they can't give Flacco any time at all.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I'm not excited about the Ravens at all this year. We got some pretty good talent....just that dreaded O Line and cornerbacks. Seems like they can't give Flacco any time at all.
I think the Ravens will win their division this year. Flacco now has 2 all pro WRs, no excuses. Getting Lee Evans will spread out Boldin for sure, gonna be fun to watch that offense. Defense is getting old though...

T3rror

Noob
Go Colts! With Manning out I don't expect us to win every pre-season game(we are 4-22 since 2005) not worried about though since it is pre-season. I'm expecting us back in the playoffs this year.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
My VERY EARLY playoff predictions (I'm bored and it's nearly 2am, deal w/it)

AFC East: Jets
AFC North: Ravens
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Who cares?
AFC WC1: Patriots
AFC WC2: Steelers

NFC East: Eagles
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: Seattle
NFC North: GB
NFC WC1: Giants
NFC WC2: Cowboys

Discuss, argue, or get hype, your call

Big Frog

Noob
I think the Ravens will win their division this year. Flacco now has 2 all pro WRs, no excuses. Getting Lee Evans will spread out Boldin for sure, gonna be fun to watch that offense. Defense is getting old though...
I'm in Maryland and always root for the home team no matter what (Caps are the closest thing to be happy about :() but I just don't know man. The geezers on defense, Joe's number 1 guy being cut (D. Mason), etc, etc, etc. I think they can be good, but until they beat the Steelers WITH Ben I am not happy. hahaa

SlickDicMagnum

Mustacheality!
I'm in Maryland and always root for the home team no matter what (Caps are the closest thing to be happy about :() but I just don't know man. The geezers on defense, Joe's number 1 guy being cut (D. Mason), etc, etc, etc. I think they can be good, but until they beat the Steelers WITH Ben I am not happy. hahaa
Yeah I live down here in Northern VA and follow the Ravens as well. I am not a fan of the Ravens but I do respect their team (I'm a Patriots fan). I didn't quite understand some of their personnel moves this off season. Why get rid of Heap and Mason? They are both safety blankets for Flacco and both are reliable. Now Bouldin isn't even going to see the light of day cause he is going to be doubled up all the time. Also, I believe they got rid of one of their safeties, Dawan Landry. Why? He was a decent player that contributed every game. I still don't think they will win the division. They didn't do a lot to improve their team while Pittsburgh did. The one bright spot you guys have is that cornerback you drafted. He was the most athletic CB in the draft but he also a straight out criminal. But I think the Ravens have the right locker room to keep him focused and out of trouble.

JkOC

Noob
My VERY EARLY playoff predictions (I'm bored and it's nearly 2am, deal w/it)

AFC West: Who cares?

NFC South: Saints
NFC West: Seattle
NFC WC1: Giants
NFC WC2: Cowboys

Discuss, argue, or get hype, your call
I agree with your AFC, but in NFC, Ill take the Rams in the west and I dont think the wild cards are coming out of the east. The Bucs or Falcons will grab one and either the bears or Lions will take the other. I have no faith in Cowboys until they prove otherwise and the Giants defense isnt what it used to be.

Tim Static

Adminerator
AFC West: Chargers (Nori is right, who cares)

NFC East: Giants
NFC South: Falcons
NFC West: 49ners
NFC North: Green Bay
NFC WC1: Saints
NFC WC2: Eagles

Super Bowl: 49ners vs Jets (totally random)

Big Frog

Noob
Yeah I live down here in Northern VA and follow the Ravens as well. I am not a fan of the Ravens but I do respect their team (I'm a Patriots fan). I didn't quite understand some of their personnel moves this off season. Why get rid of Heap and Mason? They are both safety blankets for Flacco and both are reliable. Now Bouldin isn't even going to see the light of day cause he is going to be doubled up all the time. Also, I believe they got rid of one of their safeties, Dawan Landry. Why? He was a decent player that contributed every game. I still don't think they will win the division. They didn't do a lot to improve their team while Pittsburgh did. The one bright spot you guys have is that cornerback you drafted. He was the most athletic CB in the draft but he also a straight out criminal. But I think the Ravens have the right locker room to keep him focused and out of trouble.
Yeah, they were definitely Flacco's safety blankets for sure. And I kind of understand letting Heap go, but Mason too?? I know he's old, but Flacco threw to him 90% of the time. Very strange. Heap was getting really slow and old as well as getting hurt way too much. I remember that hit your New England safety (forget his name right now) put on him. But the Mason thing kind of sucks right now... And you're right. Double teaming for Bouldin is coming.

It's just weird to me that for some years now we've neeeeeeded cornerbacks and an o line yet it seems little has been done to improve it. Little steps here and there, but nothing spectacular. We'll see I guess!!

JkOC

Noob
AFC East: Patriots
AFC West: Oakland
AFC WC1: Jets
AFC WC2: Houston

NFC South: Falcons
NFC West: Rams
NFC WC1: Bucs
NFC WC2: Lions

Falcons vs Patriots in the bowl.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Jets will choke before they make it to the Super Bowl. Sanchez is going to do nothing for them.
I hope so. I dont like him, or them.

but they have one of the best teams, and with that comes pressure. And yea i dont think Sanchez can handle it.

But its still a shot in the dark. We'll see.