What's new

RDK Tyrant Wins Wednesday Night Fights Summer Edition 1.4

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Yeah, if you wanted to do a true Round Robin, 5v5 is a lot more realistic, although it would still take a long time (team tournaments can really drag on, even in last-man-standing). If it gets a big feature at an event like the one at EVO 2012 though, it's plausible.

But your argument is like saying that to determine the NBA Championship, we should had the roster of the Heat and Spurs play a series of 1v1's so that Lebron James' dominance wouldn't be a factor.

We would likely never get 5 setups to do this, and even so usually the fans/steam viewers want to see most of the matches, as it's part of the excitement.

Regardless, even with the length of round robin it would be a really competitive tourney and I think it'd be a lot of fun. But all considerations should be made to make sure that this is realistic and happens rather than becoming something else that is talked about and never goes down.

Bring on the hype!
We dont need a venue. Uk vs us was round robin. But was on 1 set up. Wot take long om 3 or 4 set ups.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Lol, you didn't read my post :(

In any case, we can talk about this in another thread, so that this thread can get back to being about Tyrant winning WNF.
Gettinf 4 set ups is not difficult.
Just need a hotel room. With a stream set up and off stream matches getting recorded. I would do all that if I were going

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Tyrant's Grundy is awesome. Soooo happy to see him playing him instead of Superyawn.

Also, those Grundy/Zod matches were really fun to watch. Anything not involving Superman is cool with me. Grundy was the first character I really got into in this game, and now I want to revisit him after watching this. Those ambiguous neutral jump cross ups off the MB WC are sick. And those resets....great stuff.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
This whole "rivalry" argument going on would be a lot more interesting if this game wasn't such a complete snooze. :(

Except he had to play Superman to beat me and Godspeed after losing the first game to both of us with Aquaman.
I saw that. He had no Answer for your Zod and brings out Supes with with that ridiculous F23 BS. He and BA still need tweaks. I'm tired of seeing them. They are boring characters and people play them because they have all the tools to dominate. Personal opinion of course. That said, glad Tyrant won with Grundy. It was neat seeing him cutting through all the BS with Zombie walk.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Round Robin is the best way to.determine the overall better team.

You cant say ec is better when the entire team gets their back blowm out. Only to habe kdz win it for them.

This is not to determine better player but team.

10 vs 10
WC

Tyrant
Denzell
MIT
Godspeed
Theo
Aris
Chef
Mfslayer
Prog
Flawd

EC

Kdz
Chris G
Cdjr
Rico
Reo
Maxter (never travels though)
Hawkgirl player (simce he can beat kdz)
Arturo
Jrosa
That other BA player.

Did you seriously put J Rosa before Tom Brady?

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
and the funny thing is all of these EC dick riders are people who 90% of which have never been to a tournament and 99% of which have never placed aside from maybe 15 man locals lol
Atleast 99,9% of the ppl dont refuse to shake hands after they lost a match and not be a sore loser like you.

Money on the table -- I like this already.

But who does Round Robin in an FGC team tournament these days? Man up!
I want my players original tags on their names as IC 88's on your journalism post thank you is pathetic how everyone else have either team or clan on their name.
Cat is right bias are huge lately need to step journalism up.

"Good Job 88's"

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Round Robin is the best way to.determine the overall better team.

You cant say ec is better when the entire team gets their back blowm out. Only to habe kdz win it for them.

This is not to determine better player but team.

10 vs 10
WC

Tyrant
Denzell
MIT
Godspeed
Theo
Aris
Chef
Mfslayer
Prog
Flawd

EC

Kdz
Chris G
Cdjr
Rico
Reo
Maxter (never travels though)
Hawkgirl player (simce he can beat kdz)
Arturo
Jrosa
That other BA player.

No Brady, No CD Prime ? Jailhouse? and hasn't Maxter out traveled almost everyone the past few years.