What's new

Match-up Discussion Raven MU Chart

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Disclaimer: None of this is fact, all of it is opinion. I know people will disagree, but please be civil :)

Aquaman: 4-6
Ares: 6-4
Bane: 4-6
Batgirl: 4-6
Batman: 5-5
Black Adam: 4-6
Catwoman: 5-5
Cyborg: 6-4
Deathstroke: 5-5
Doomsday: 4-6
Flash: 4-6
Green Arrow: 6-4
Green Lantern: 6-4
Harley: 6-4
Hawkgirl: 6-4
Joker: 6-4
KF: 4-6
Lex: 7-3
Lobo: 6-4
MMH: 4-6
NW: 5-5
Scorpion: 5-5
Shazam: 6-4
Sinestro: 5-5
Grundy: 4-6
Superman: 4-6
WW: 5-5
Zatanna: 6-4
Zod: 4-6

Advantage MUs: 10
Even MUs: 8
Disadvantage MUs: 10

Red=Changed on 10-13-13
Again, this is more of a discussion starter and a chance to see what other Raven players MU charts look like. Some of these are probably wrong, just dont go crazy if you disagree.

Espio

Kokomo
Haven't posted a Raven Match up chart ever that was complete, but here goes lol

Aquaman: 4-6
Ares: 5-5
Bane: 4-6
Batgirl: 4-6
Batman: 4-6
Black Adam: 4-6
Catwoman: 5-5
Cyborg: 6-4
Deathstroke: 5-5
Doomsday: 4-6
Flash: 4-6
Green Arrow: 6-4
Green Lantern: 6-4
Harley: 6-4
Hawkgirl: 6-4
Joker: 6-4
Killer Frost: 4-6
Lex: 6-4
Lobo: 6-4
Martian Manhunter: 5-5
Nightwing: 6-4
Scorpion: 5-5
Shazam: 6-4
Sinestro: 5-5
Grundy: 4-6
Superman: 4-6
Wonder Woman: 5-5
Zatanna: 6-4
Zod: 5-5

Zoidberg747

Supposed to be 5-5, but I assume you believe she wins? I haven't played it that much to be quite honest with Raven.

Let me edit this real quick.
If you can zone out the Lex player there is practically nothing he can do.

If Lex corners you the MU flips to like 8-2 his favor though lol

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Supposed to be 5-5, but I assume you believe she wins? I haven't played it that much to be quite honest with Raven.

Edit: You probably have more experience in this match so can you tell me your thoughts?
Unless I can get my trait up it's horrible for me. I'm leaning toward 7-3 in Raven's favor.

Espio

Kokomo
If you can zone out the Lex player there is practically nothing he can do.

If Lex corners you the MU flips to like 8-2 his favor though lol
Yeah, I agree she can zone him effectively and counterzone as well, but my problem is I struggle to deal with his trait and pressure so that's why I was thinking it was more even, but I dunno 6-4 is understandable.

Unless I can get my trait up it's horrible for me. I'm leaning toward 7-3 in Raven's favor.

I'll take your word for it, I just seem to be having a problem because of trait versus Lex seems annoying to deal with while using Raven and he gets easier punishes off of her unsafe options than most too.

I guess I'm missing something maybe, I know she can zone him and counterzone him well although she lacks a multi-hitting zoning tool so it seems harder to stuff out trait.

I buy 6-4 in her favor too.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
IMO the only thing stopping raven vs KF from being 3-7 is the demon stance and soul crush. Those tools are good in this MU.

5-5 vs aquaman? How? I get my shit wrecked by him all the time. Probably my toughest match-up. (Edit: Actually I would say KF is the worst, fuck her) To be fair it would help if I didn't have such damn trouble punishing From The Deep online. But even then he fucks me up at close range and if I try to zone him.

Zoidberg747

5-5 vs aquaman? How? I get my shit wrecked by him all the time. Probably my toughest match-up. (Edit: Actually I would say KF is the worst, fuck her) To be fair it would help if I didn't have such damn trouble punishing From The Deep online. But even then he fucks me up at close range and if I try to zone him.
Offline the MU is even IMO. FTD can be punished by soul crush. Aquaman is pretty much forced to come in on Raven. She can keep him out fairly well(hint: dont throw out soul crush when he is approaching, it gives him two free dashes) Keep him in check with pillars and when he gets close enough use b23. When he is up close block low(the overhead is reactable). Scoop can be punished by f22 into a combo. Trident rush can always be pushblocked(like his 50/50s). His trait is not a problem as long as you do f2 lift instead of f222 lift.

zaf

professor
I played a lot of batgirl.
She definitely beats raven.
Cant really zone and get your game started when she has teleport. She has better rushdown too. Only a 4-6 though.

I actually have scorpion as being raven too. For the same reasons as batgirl. People think scorpion is bad but they just need to play him differenly now. His teleport gives her the same problem that batgirl does.

Zoidberg747

I played a lot of batgirl.
She definitely beats raven.
Cant really zone and get your game started when she has teleport. She has better rushdown too. Only a 4-6 though.

I actually have scorpion as being raven too. For the same reasons as batgirl. People think scorpion is bad but they just need to play him differenly now. His teleport gives her the same problem that batgirl does.
You just have to play very reactive to scorpion. You punish him harder, while being able to control the pace of the match.

I could see 5-5 maybe but not 4-6. His damage requires so much meter that Raven ends up beating him in clashes, which helps her tremendously too.

zaf

professor
You just have to play very reactive to scorpion. You punish him harder, while being able to control the pace of the match.

I could see 5-5 maybe but not 4-6. His damage requires so much meter that Raven ends up beating him in clashes, which helps her tremendously too.

It is hard to play reactive against scorpion. You end up just sitting there. Which means he can use hellfire more against you. When you move around too much, you fall victim to spear and teleport. You do not really punish him harder, because just like scorpion you need meter for damage and combos.

He also controls the pace of the match IMO, because of what I listed above on top of the fact that he still controls the interactable game.

Since you also need meter to combo just like scorpion, the meters should be even for the most part.

EDIT: I can agree on a 5-5 zoidberg. BUT I do not feel raven beats him.

Zoidberg747

It is hard to play reactive against scorpion. You end up just sitting there. Which means he can use hellfire more against you. When you move around too much, you fall victim to spear and teleport. You do not really punish him harder, because just like scorpion you need meter for damage and combos.

He also controls the pace of the match IMO, because of what I listed above on top of the fact that he still controls the interactable game.

Since you also need meter to combo just like scorpion, the meters should be even for the most part.
Errr not really, since I use meter for GUARANTEED damage, and he has to use it for the vortex. Big difference.

When I am in demon stance I have an OS basically. If you try to teleport to avoid a singularity or soul crush, it just auto corrects into the other one. I can also throw out a raven which forces you to move, and I can also cover my bases as well.

If I whiff a soul crush I am looking at a 50/50 punish where I have a chance to lose 40%. If you make a mistake you are looking at a GUARANTEED 40% combo punish. That makes a huge difference imo.

zaf

professor
Errr not really, since I use meter for GUARANTEED damage, and he has to use it for the vortex. Big difference.

When I am in demon stance I have an OS basically. If you try to teleport to avoid a singularity or soul crush, it just auto corrects into the other one. I can also throw out a raven which forces you to move, and I can also cover my bases as well.

If I whiff a soul crush I am looking at a 50/50 punish where I have a chance to lose 40%. If you make a mistake you are looking at a GUARANTEED 40% combo punish. That makes a huge difference imo.

Well the meter usage does not always have to be on the vortex. Can continue to get a bit more damage and go for a 50/50 on their wake up but that is a bit more risky. He also builds meter hella fast. Kinda like raven does.
In demon stance you do not have access to a raven. Its the pillars. I can try to teleport in between them on you if I can read that
With your OS, I just need to teleport at the right time. I know that the full screen grab is good, but its like 30+ start up frames, so I can actually teleport on you then.
Trading ravens with hellfire works too. Also Can teleport on reads of the ravens. SO you can not be to heavy with them.
There are always safe options for his vortex that yield less damage, but they are there so I dont always need to lose 40%.

I play both characters, so it is not like I have no experience at all. I am trying to be fair for both sides but raven has problems with teleporters and characters that can overwhelm her.

Zoidberg747 check the edit.
EDIT: his vortex starts better from his trait on hit. He can use his spear for vortex, but does not need to. He needs mb spear for damage. So this is what I meant in terms of meter usage is kind equal.

Zoidberg747

Well the meter usage does not always have to be on the vortex. Can continue to get a bit more damage and go for a 50/50 on their wake up but that is a bit more risky. He also builds meter hella fast. Kinda like raven does.
In demon stance you do not have access to a raven. Its the pillars. I can try to teleport in between them on you if I can read that
With your OS, I just need to teleport at the right time. I know that the full screen grab is good, but its like 30+ start up frames, so I can actually teleport on you then.
Trading ravens with hellfire works too. Also Can teleport on reads of the ravens. SO you can not be to heavy with them.
There are always safe options for his vortex that yield less damage, but they are there so I dont always need to lose 40%.

I play both characters, so it is not like I have no experience at all. I am trying to be fair for both sides but raven has problems with teleporters and characters that can overwhelm her.

Zoidberg747 check the edit.
EDIT: his vortex starts better from his trait on hit. He can use his spear for vortex, but does not need to. He needs mb spear for damage. So this is what I meant in terms of meter usage is kind equal.
I have played the MU offline many times. I can see it being 5-5 because he limits her somewhat but she also has a lot of options.

I dunno, agree to disagree I guess.

zaf

professor
I have played the MU offline many times. I can see it being 5-5 because he limits her somewhat but she also has a lot of options.

I dunno, agree to disagree I guess.
I can agree on a 5-5. Scorpion doesn't have to beat her in my head. Even mu is fine

I only disagree with her beating him.

Zoidberg747

Zoidberg747 Just curious.. Why does she lose to MMH?
His oki messes with her a lot. His trait can keep her in check and makes him outfootsie her. He can MB Pillar for free and basically force you to stop doing anything. She can punish his teleport on reaction but it requires meter. With trait he outclasses her in the AA and jump in apartment.

If he reads pillars he can teleport them and full combo you. If he blocks a soul crush he can pillar you. He controls the pace of the match and limits her.