What's new

Match-up Discussion Raven MU Chart

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
MB Cat Dash is safe if used at full-screen. So even if Raven blocks it, Catwoman is up-close, and Raven has no 50/50s and thus can't really get Catwoman out easily after that.
If you block the catdash just MB F3 her. She is forced to block it. Or you could grab, d1, etc. She is safe but she is negative.

Zoidberg747

I'm saying we have no jump set up options, which is very crucial to Raven's gameplay, because of Sword Flip. So that keeps the fight neutral, which DS has the advantage.
Jump ins are not crucial to her gameplay at all. As long as you are in soul crush range just walk back and you can punish all of DS wakeup options.

ZalliX

Noob
Jump ins are not crucial to her gameplay at all. As long as you are in soul crush range just walk back and you can punish all of DS wakeup options.
A lot of decent DS's are not going to yolo wake up when you're walking away from them, or even standing on top of them.

If you block the catdash just MB F3 her. She is forced to block it. Or you could grab, d1, etc. She is safe but she is negative.
Sure, but that's not exactly a guessing game in Raven's favour.

Deathstroke I'm inclined to think is probably even. His up-close game is far scarier than his zoning or wake-up options lol.

Zoidberg747

Sure, but that's not exactly a guessing game in Raven's favour.

Deathstroke I'm inclined to think is probably even. His up-close game is far scarier than his zoning or wake-up options lol.
If you block an F3 I now have frame advantage. That surely favors her.

Also what you said about DS is correct. His rushdown is what makes it 5-5.

ZalliX

Noob
Aquaman is one of those characters and he wins the mu 6-4
Can't he wake up with Thousand hands or whatever that silly stab move is? But his anti air, d1, b1, and dash recovery, and the ability to trait out of j1 and j2 if it does cross him up on wake up, really screw raven over. I've only played one decent Aquaman that actually made me believe that it could be in 6-4 Aquaman. Need more experience.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Can't he wake up with Thousand hands or whatever that silly stab move is? But his anti air, d1, b1, and dash recovery, and the ability to trait out of j1 and j2 if it does cross him up on wake up, really screw raven over. I've only played one decent Aquaman that actually made me believe that it could be in 6-4 Aquaman. Need more experience.
None of his wake ups get him out of the knock down set up I do and it's a 50/50 where one of the options is j3 so trait is irrelevant there.

ZalliX

Noob
None of his wake ups get him out of the knock down set up I do and it's a 50/50 where one of the options is j3 so trait is irrelevant there.
If he blocks j3 you can cross him up again(If he fails to d2) into j2 or j1 and he can trait out =/

Owerbart

I miss you
I'll post mine after my tournament tomorrow. But man, Raven isn't only zoning. That's all I'll add for now.

Sami

Noob
I would put Scorp at Raven advantage as he can't do a damned thing to her, and he gets shafted by every one of her wake-up cross-up combo loops despite having 3 invincible wake-up attacks that should let him escape (slide, kick and telepunch).

edit: unless there's been loads of BA tech I had that match as even - it basically comes down to who gets the life-lead first as they can lame each other out at range. Raven was also capable of punishing a blocked Black Magic with any special (including demon grab into full combo) and I don't think he could escape pillar spam other than blocking/dashing, which sets it up for Soul Crush traps. In addition, I seem to remember him being 1 frame too slow to punish a blocked Soul Crush at range.

Aquaman: 5-5
Ares: 5-5
Bane: 4-6
Batgirl: 5-5
Batman: 5-5
Black Adam: 5-5
Catwoman: 5-5
Cyborg: 6-4
Deathstroke: 5-5
Doomsday: 4-6
Flash: 4-6
Green Arrow: 5-5
Green Lantern: 6-4
Harley: 6-4
Hawkgirl: 6-4
Joker: 7-3
KF: 4-6
Lex: 5-5
Lobo: 6-4
MMH: ?
NW: 5-5
Scorpion: 5-5
Shazam: 6-4
Sinestro: 5-5
Grundy: 5-5
Superman: 5-5
WW: 5-5
Zatanna: 6-4 (Being a Zatanna player, I feel Zatanna loses 4-6, never played vs zatanna as raven though)
Zod: ?
This is a first. I am not downplaying anymore :p lol​

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Zoidberg747 these are the mus I don't agree with and what I think they are.

Aquaman: 4-6
Ares: 6-4
Bane: 5-5
Black Adam: 5-5 or 4-6
Deathstroke: 6-4
Harley: 7-3
KF: 5-5 or 4-6
NW: 6-4
Scorpion: 6-4
WW: 5-5 or 4-6

Zoidberg747

Zoidberg747 these are the mus I don't agree with and what I think they are.

Aquaman: 4-6
Ares: 6-4
Bane: 5-5
Black Adam: 5-5 or 4-6
Deathstroke: 6-4
Harley: 7-3
KF: 5-5 or 4-6
NW: 6-4
Scorpion: 6-4
WW: 5-5 or 4-6
Can you explain DS and KF?

I have always felt KF is one of her worst.

The others I can totally see though

Zoidberg747

DS can't use any gunshots unless he's out side soul crush range. I'm not sure about the KF mu, it's probably 4-6 but whatever.
Gunshots isnt really what I am worried about. He has pretty good options in footsie range and his up close game can give her some trouble.

But I dont have too much experience in it so I could see that being advantage.

After playing Mygod and Beef offline I think KF is probably her worst MU, but if you play it right it is probably 4-6

Sami

Noob
The thing with rushdown deathstroke is that he has to walk forward. While he does control the point blank range, there's a delicious area where he has to advance you to start his mix-ups and he's just asking to get lifted into full combo. Unlike Frost or Catwoman he has no super-fast advancing move to start his pressure.

At the two extremes of ranges (point blank and full screen) I would say DS has control (less so if Raven is in demon stance at full screen). Raven controls the match at the other ranges, and should DS get in one successful pushblock (yes I know, easier said than done when dealing with overhead/low mix-up openers) will put the match back at Raven's range.

I'd put it 5-5 though.