What's new

Video/Tutorial Raven Mini Vortex

This is great n all, but what do you do when you actually hit either the overhead/low options? I get that Raven is gonna be laming out to build the meter for it, but EX singularity into Forward + 3 dash cancel into Back 1,2 xx EX singularity seems kinda....wasteful >_>(and the combo I'm doing off that is dealing around 35%) And if you follow through with the Forward 3, she's not getting huge damage off it, since Back 3 doesn't wallbounce when using this reset (doing 37%, ending in a hard knockdown for potential mixup on their wakeup). None of the options seem worth the resources spent, compared to Shazam's vortex, which only has him spending one meter for the command grab meter burn/always leaves him in the perfect position for another scoop/annihilates the opponents health bar in a few reps.

EDIT: disregard all of that, was only doing the options after the initial EX Singularity, not comboing into it lol >_>. It still kinda sucks how it loses to characters with good reversals, I guess this is kinda like the Haggar corner reset thats inescaple unless you have air mobility in UMvC3.
I used tons of meter for video purposes, to show what can be done. If you get a naked Singularity, EX it for damage, not for the reset. Use the reset in a combo; the meter will be well spent that way.

Sprint

Noob
A bit of a gimmick I've been accidentally doing a lot recently. Gonna put it in here since it kinda falls under the vortex category.
If you drop a combo and end with f22 into nothing; dash and neutral jump. If the opponent doesn't tech roll, it will crossup (unless they're a fatty like Bane). Not a single person has blocked it so far :), though I guess it's only a matter of time before people learn to deal with it.

A bit of a gimmick I've been accidentally doing a lot recently. Gonna put it in here since it kinda falls under the vortex category.
If you drop a combo and end with f22 into nothing; dash and neutral jump. If the opponent doesn't tech roll, it will crossup (unless they're a fatty like Bane). Not a single person has blocked it so far :)
Another Gimmick is F2 Mixups.
F2 is Neutral on block I think, and you can either F222, F2233, etc, so sometimes I like to F2 Into Grab

Raven has cool Gimmicks.

Soulful Nigma

Black Fenrir
Thanks for finding this. Ive been teleporting after the mb db2 with some success. I just have to work on managing my meter.

Sami

Noob
If you're facing somebody without an armoured anti-air grab then you get a simple 50/50 from jumping in. Taking one step (not dash!) back before jumping in will cause ji2 to cross-up while ji3 will go in front. Leave the input to the last moment and it'll be pretty much impossible for the opponent to know which side you'll hit on. Takes practice to get the timing right.

Sadly, despite much I wasn't about work the vortex into a wake-up. Seems the is no gap between landing and being able to block high or low.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Awesome stuff Mr. Mileena ! <3

I'm going to hit the lab tonight and practice this vortex...and holy crap! I had no idea she had a hidden FULL screen pillar. This will really help with my matches against Sinestro and Aquaman (or any other character that likes to moonwalk back to stay out of Raven's range)

Awesome stuff Mr. Mileena ! <3

I'm going to hit the lab tonight and practice this vortex...and holy crap! I had no idea she had a hidden FULL screen pillar. This will really help with my matches against Sinestro and Aquaman (or any other character that likes to moonwalk back to stay out of Raven's range)
I'm delighted YOU enjoyed it ;) <3

you can also use this standing reset for an ambiguous crossup, jump from the initial position whe hes about to be reset, then 2 at a slightly earlier or later point of the jump to get a frontal or crossup hit.

Sami

Noob
you can also use this standing reset for an ambiguous crossup, jump from the initial position whe hes about to be reset, then 2 at a slightly earlier or later point of the jump to get a frontal or crossup hit.
And people accuse me of not reading threads ;)

I'm going to try and work on an unbreakable damage guide with Raven soon.

She has a lot of different combinations of she can use her unbreakable damage.

Also, expect new tech.

Hopefully after mid July when I'm done with Summer Session I at school.

Sami

Noob
I'm going to try and work on an unbreakable damage guide with Raven soon.

She has a lot of different combinations of she can use her unbreakable damage.

Also, expect new tech.

Hopefully after mid July when I'm done with Summer Session I at school.
You know, I could've sworn there was a post/thread on this already but I'll be damned if I can find it.

All you Raven mains, I'm happy to say Raven is 100% my main right now :)
and, I found new tech with Raven.

I also want to say she's a mini version of Kitana, her B2 is totally like Kitana's F2, and I want to make an in depth video on how to use it appropriately, and I have demon stance gimmicks as well.

If anyone can help me record it (that is have you record it in good quality) please let me know and I would appreciate it very much :)

Sprint

Noob
I can only record in SD which is kinda meh, but I can do it for you if someone with better equipment doesn't come forward.

Quality example.
I usually record at 360p to guarantee no framedrops, but at a push I might be able to make it up to 480p.

I can only record in SD which is kinda meh, but I can do it for you if someone with better equipment doesn't come forward.

Quality example.
I usually record at 360p to guarantee no framedrops, but at a push I might be able to make it up to 480p.
Oh, I appreciate it. Probably sometime next week if you are willing. Thanks :)

Sami

Noob
Oh, I appreciate it. Probably sometime next week if you are willing. Thanks :)
Failing that, I've got a 1080p card on its way to me but if it was to be recorded online I only have XBOX and am in the UK so timezones and all that. If you give me a list of instructions I'd be happy to record it and send you the footage - I've got offline people here who can help if it requires 2 people.

This is all assuming the capture card actually turns up and my free time doesn't get swallowed up into a black hole again. Sprint is probably the safer bet for now ;)