What's new

Match-up Discussion Raven Matchup Discussion

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
From what distance? It's difficult to SC or singularity from mid screen or closer even with a good read.
The way I play the matchup is this.

Try to stay just inside SC range. If she slides, SC. If she daggers, SC(or empty void). If she icebergs, SC.

At midscreen you cant be throwing around SCs. So now if you think she is going to slide you can MB B3 of F3.

Up close is where the footsie game comes into play. After a blocked slide, you can try and work in b23 or f222. Be warned that she may slide again right after.

It is a very simple MU that simply is a game of reads.

What do you guys think about the matchup with Zatanna? I personally think it's 7-3 in Raven's favor.
no idea yet. i played a zatanna yesterday and i was surprised how respectful the guy played her, as if he was scared of raven or sth. i think if zatanna just goes yolo it can be a tough one for raven.

What do you guys think about the matchup with Zatanna? I personally think it's 7-3 in Raven's favor.

Zatanna's normals make Raven's look like Aquaman's. It is really hard for Zatanna to get in any hits against opponents who maintain proper spacing. F222 and b2 have farther range than almost all of her normals. Her farthest reaching normal is standing 3 and sometimes they use the multi-kick special since she advances forward a bit. Her MB ring toss has a lot of block stun, but you can just absorb it. Respect her puppet master special which can be MB for a full combo at full screen. She also has a vortex where she ends a combo with MB puppet master, does a jumping 2, waits for the reset, and then does a 50/50. And just be wary of teleports and MB teleports which has 6 frames of recovery.

Oh and her trait is a complete non-issue. She cannot jump or crouch, and if she blocks anything in trait it knocks her out of it.

I think it's safe to say Raven wins this match-up. Zatanna is very tough to use, has terrible normals, low combo damage, and she uses meter like it's oxygen. Of course she hasn't been out long, but as of now I don't think she will be a problem for Raven.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
For right now it i advantage Raven. Teleport is a non issue if you scout it as d2 punishes it for a full combo.

VGMtheVagabond

Salt Mine CEO
Zatanna's normals make Raven's look like Aquaman's. It is really hard for Zatanna to get in any hits against opponents who maintain proper spacing. F222 and b2 have farther range than almost all of her normals. Her farthest reaching normal is standing 3 and sometimes they use the multi-kick special since she advances forward a bit. Her MB ring toss has a lot of block stun, but you can just absorb it. Respect her puppet master special which can be MB for a full combo at full screen. She also has a vortex where she ends a combo with MB puppet master, does a jumping 2, waits for the reset, and then does a 50/50. And just be wary of teleports and MB teleports which has 6 frames of recovery.

Oh and her trait is a complete non-issue. She cannot jump or crouch, and if she blocks anything in trait it knocks her out of it.

I think it's safe to say Raven wins this match-up. Zatanna is very tough to use, has terrible normals, low combo damage, and she uses meter like it's oxygen. Of course she hasn't been out long, but as of now I don't think she will be a problem for Raven.

I believe you can SC or Singularity her directly at the end of her teleport.

Dat feeling when a guy tries to counterpick you with Doomsday and you still win. So good.... Always keep a bar available to MB b3 if he uses MB supernova, unless of course you're good at dodging it with dashing. And use pushblock like it's going out of style.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Dat feeling when a guy tries to counterpick you with Doomsday and you still win. So good.... Always keep a bar available to MB b3 if he uses MB supernova, unless of course you're good at dodging it with dashing. And use pushblock like it's going out of style.

Dude pushblock is CRIMINALLY underrated. Especially with Raven.

ZalliX

Noob
Whats unfair is batman J2 crossing you up and then string cancelling with trait so you cant run and have to duck to avoid the fast ass b1...

Any tips on the Sinestro MU? I always have trouble with this MU. He seems to be able to out-zone Raven at full screen. You can't empty void his projectiles because if he MBs them you'll eat 1 or 2. His normals seem to be better than her's too.

Any tips on the Sinestro MU? I always have trouble with this MU. He seems to be able to out-zone Raven at full screen. You can't empty void his projectiles because if he MBs them you'll eat 1 or 2. His normals seem to be better than her's too.
be veeery patient and know your defense. always block low, but be ready for boulder. dash only after boulder or when he has no meter so he can only single shot. you can also forward dash boulder on reaction. push him to the corner slowly that way and then set up 2/3 screen pressure with df1 and df2, while maintaing your defense. that way he cant swap positions and do his fullscreen game.

dash only after boulder or when he has no meter so he can only single shot.
So is it not safe to dash after MB and/or non-MB yellow balls? And can a blocked boulder be punished with SC? Also can Raven punish Sinestro on a ball blast read by teleporting in and using 11 or 22 into event horizon? (Not sure if 11 can combo into event horizon)

Thanks for the help.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Slowly inch in after blocking. Dont dash. His boulders are super punishable so make sure you block overhead and soul crush. I also like to get into demon stance and tele into b12 for a low starter or a MB f3 for the overhead.