What's new

Match-up Discussion Raven Matchup Discussion

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
To lazy to read everything in here so if someone said this already I'm sorry. Ravens d3 avoids grundys walking corpse thing.

zaf

professor
Maybe it's just because everyone I play is from the US. Hopefully after tomorrow more people from the UK will be playing. Reflecting his missiles on reaction just doesn't work very consistently.
its just something that takes some getting used to. I had to myself. its still week 1 so there is a lot of things to get used to in general.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yea it's sick for cross ups. I do usually anticipate the jump in but I do see what you mean. It is a little on the slower side and I'd even imagine Lex's j3 would hit it out. I haven't played against the entire cast just yet, but I also see what you mean for the other lower arc chars. Definetaly does not do as good against Nightwing in his staff stance as it is for others.

I've also been trying to use b31 as an AA. The second part ( 1 ) is what I am aiming to hit them with. But that itself also has proven to take some time to get out and hit them with. One thing this has been good for is going under someone jumping. So that does help. The move advances quite a good amount of range, so it goes under them quite well and makes you avoid the jump in.
Yeah. I've been using D2 you just have to be used to the angle.. It's 10 frames and it has a decent hitbox, it looks like it was designed to AA. We should definitely work on other options though. Don't remember the B3 1 string.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Soul Crush doesn't anti air when they jump at you. It only anti airs at range.

Singularity is 16 Frames, so saying anti-airs should be free is not wise.

Aquaman, Superman, Killer Frost, and others have a much easier time anti-airing.
In Demon Stance, it seems to grab people pretty high up. I was grabbing people for free all over the place. Soul Crush may whiff every now and then but Singularity also does the trick. I wouldn't say it's unwise unless you're up against a player who knows the Raven MU well. When they're Mid-range though I opt for Singularity if I think they're going to move in.

Also, did anyone else notice trajectory changes for Singularity when in Demon Stance? I had a few strange occurrences where they would 'jump' over the area of effect without getting hit. Need to hit the lab later and test some more.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
yeah singularity in demon stance seems to lose the vertical hitbox and whiffs alot on jumpers. Just use the pillars or soul crush instead.

K guys, help with the Doomsday and Sinestro matchups? with Sinestro he seems to be better at zoning and when we trade he does more damage, and has better range upclose.
and Doomsday is freakin hard to zone out and does stupid damage upclose. So yeah any help in those MUs is appreciated.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Ugh, I haven't even fought a Doomsday yet but I can't help but imagine that the MU would be a nightmare for Raven. She doesn't have any rapid firing moves like Green Lantern or Deathstroke.

I would say you need to abuse the heck out of push block. That's about all I can think of.

zaf

professor
Against sinestro just try to reflect.

For doomsday ive been frame trapping him. Force pushes after fireballs. When he has trait i run away

3DPK

Lab Rat
Even though Doomsday has the armor there is a weird hit animation he goes through. I normally run away but have been putting out the projectile and grab as much and as safe as I can to try and get through all the hits. I need to test some things tonight, but you might be able to out rush down him and get through(F222DB2 could take all four hits of armor?)...maybe they will be too sure of their hits and get countered out? Push Blocking is key though, it's the only thing I've found that helps against rush down chars like Nightwing and Flash.

Vs Aquaman
First of all, this is probably one of the most PATIENCE requiring MU's I have played so far. I can see this MU having a lot of time outs in the future.
This is truly a life based lead MU, but Raven seems to have the upperhand. Once Raven has the life lead, she literally does not have to do anything until Aquaman makes a move. Should he Trident Projectile throw, Neutral duck and Soul Crush. It is important to stay within the range of Soul Crush for this. Same Applies for when he does a Ground Trident, simply block and Soul Crush.
If you have a 25-30%+ lead, just zone zone zone to obtain meter, he will trade hits with you. If you have full meter and life lead, stay put.

If the life lead is thinning out against your favor, whenever you punish with a Soul Crush, turn into dark mode, and Singularity is your best friend. It is full screen and only -6, so if he tries to punish, it will fail, and then you can Full Screen punish with it, EX it for big damage.
React to Trident Projectiles with teleport as well.

Upclose, Raven cannot punish him well.
He is safe on his low sweep and trident special pokes.
He is negative, but raven can only Soul Crush, which he must respect, but this is NOT IDEAL to do because then you will be left at -20.
I'd say it's 6-4 atm for Raven, but this is just my advice and opinion.

TO ALL MU'S where you want Raven to play keepaway.

Advancing Guard is your friend!!!
It gives her breathing space, and allows you to continue zoning.

Nathan Abbott

WombatProphet
Black Adam ist the worst so far imo. he can easily outzone her and shut down her counter options.
I honestly don't have a problem with Black Adam. All his zoning is punishable with teleports in demon mode. And because you can activate demon mode in air there shouldn't be any real problem.

I honestly don't have a problem with Black Adam. All his zoning is punishable with teleports in demon mode. And because you can activate demon mode in air there shouldn't be any real problem.
well, played a little more, you definitely cant zone him, but being a bit jumpy then counterzone also does the job. you gotta watch out for the divekicks though. demon mode -> teleport is a bit predictable and can be punished hard.

Nathan Abbott

WombatProphet
well, played a little more, you definitely cant zone him, but being a bit jumpy then counterzone also does the job. you gotta watch out for the divekicks though. demon mode -> teleport is a bit predictable and can be punished hard.
Sorry didn't mean to sound like you should zone him. Adam is too good of a zone character to zone back really. He has full screen mids and lows and so staying mobile and predicting the lightning for teleports are best against him. You can't rush in. Raven is a very patient game. Also I have been able to command grab Adam out of dive kicks I believe. They might be in the start up frames but it is possible. Raven loves the air attacks because she can punish quite well with grabs.

3DPK

Lab Rat
My approach to Black Adam is to rush him down. His zoning game blows Raven apart and the only thing I found to work was stay on top of him and not let him start. Made me start thinking about how to rush down with a character like Raven. Demon mode is a must, but don't teleport all willy nilly like.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
In Demon Stance, it seems to grab people pretty high up. I was grabbing people for free all over the place. Soul Crush may whiff every now and then but Singularity also does the trick. I wouldn't say it's unwise unless you're up against a player who knows the Raven MU well. When they're Mid-range though I opt for Singularity if I think they're going to move in.

Also, did anyone else notice trajectory changes for Singularity when in Demon Stance? I had a few strange occurrences where they would 'jump' over the area of effect without getting hit. Need to hit the lab later and test some more.
Well I'm basing things off of people that know Raven to a certain extent. ie: the people I play with.
I don't like basing my tactics on the chance that the opponent doesn't understand the match up.

Singularity changes to a kompetely different move in Demon Stance unlike Soul Krush.

3DPK

Lab Rat
I would love to see some sort of chart that shows where her grabs area actually active. A "hitbox" if you will, of all three. Anyone know of a way to do this other than trial and error?

3DPK

Lab Rat
Found out last night that DF2 is not safe against flash from half screen. Really messed up my game.

My approach to Black Adam is to rush him down. His zoning game blows Raven apart and the only thing I found to work was stay on top of him and not let him start. Made me start thinking about how to rush down with a character like Raven. Demon mode is a must, but don't teleport all willy nilly like.
yup, gotta work out some crossup or corner setups or sth like that as combo enders

Espio

Kokomo
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Doomsday is a bit of a problem for Raven.

She has a hard time keeping him out, especially with his long lasting armor and he bullies her upclose in my opinion, trying to be as patient as possible was helping me, but he seems hard to deal with, moreso than any character I've fought lately.

I'm not sure how to approach him, I tried mixing in spacing with some rushdown, that had mixed results lol.

I don't trust the frame data lol
But, if the Dive kick on block is -15, then she can punish with soul crush or f2, but I like to do F222 or F2233 since they have to block it.
If they decide to armor, F2 is 2 quick hits so it knocks them out of it.
Low Lighting is -13, so you have to be right on the frame to punish it, it's risky because if he blocks, you're -20.
However, startup is almost double of your Soul Crush. His is 25, SC is 13, so reacting to Lightnings is Key, and staying in range.
His blocked low pushes back hella also.
His other lightning projectiles is like -26 so that's an easy punish.

Also, his orbs don't cause hitstun that I know of, a lot of BA's like to let 2 hit and stop a string, then go for the same or different string again. Backdash or f2 him.
Don't armor when he has orbs.

You want the life lead, so if burning a bar after a far soul crush just to do another soul crush (14%) do it. It's all about maintaining a comfortable life lead in this MU

Reflect does not work against his low projectile