What's new

Rate yourself with your MAIN characters on a Scale from 1-10

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I definitely agree that Jade can be deadly or very weak depending on the match up.

Just played my second Kotal player, and he beat me. And guess what? He was a total fucking asshole about it. Fuck's sake.
Yeah people are dicks lol.

Scorpion - 3/10
Skarlet - 2/10
Shang Tsung - 1/10

I wouldn't call Skarlet or Shang mains though. Skarlet I played in the first week of the game to great success but I barely get shit done with her anymore. Just can't alternate between characters. Shang I'm practicing combos here and there and bust him out against really weak players.

Scorpion I still drop a lot of the hard combos, miss punishes, have a ton of matchups to learn, make bad reads on when to cancel d+1, go for sideswitches when I should corner carry, terrible conversions off f3 when I catch people jumping, bad conversions off air to air aa's and max height d2s, the times I lose track of meter and blow my FB into the air when my opponent has breakaway infuriates me, how often I drop big FB combos when they could end rounds/games annoys me too, then I have real trouble hit-confirming and jailing from d3/d1, I don't poke with d4 enough, walk myself in the corner too easily and then get predictable on the tele cancel, not patient enough for d2s to KB read throws with and get thrown out of startup, big trouble whiff punishing certain strings where I have to whiff punish the first whiff because the second forward advances like Jax' mid into overhead string or Geras' whatever it is into headbutt and damn the list goes on.

I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what it means to be good at the game and feel like I'm playing like trash despite making it to God in KL. I think I'd go 0-2 in tournaments, but at least I don't complain about top tiers and rather try to improve things on a level I have actual control over: Trying to iron out my mistakes.

I feel like as soon as you give away responsibility for your losses to "balance" or whatever shitty excuses you can find, you vanquish any hope of actually becoming a better player. To those people I suggest to just pick a top tier for a while. If a random Scorpion/Sub Zero still busts your ass, you're suddenly all out of excuses.

Don't lose at the character select screen, boys.

Last edited:

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
It's all very fluid, some days i'm on point and others i suck. Depends on a few things.

But for my 3 mains, Shang, Kabal and Skarlet

Shang: 5/10: Lots of labbing and practice left to do, still inconsistently dropping combos and i'm not practiced enough with the rest of the kast
Kabal: 7/10: I get more Flawless victories with him than anyone else. Easy to keep pressure on and i'm familiar enough with him to adapt my strategies on the fly.
Skarlet 6/10: Need to be more confident with her up close but my far away game is quite good.

Scorpion - 3/10
Skarlet - 2/10
Shang Tsung - 1/10

I wouldn't call Skarlet or Shang mains though. Skarlet I played in the first week of the game to great success but I barely get shit done with her anymore. Just can't alternate between characters. Shang I'm practicing combos here and there and bust him out against really weak players.

Scorpion I still drop a lot of the hard combos, miss punishes, have a ton of matchups to learn, make bad reads on when to cancel d+1, go for sideswitches when I should corner carry, terrible conversions off f3 when I catch people jumping, bad conversions off air to air aa's and max height d2s, the times I lose track of meter and blow my FB into the air when my opponent has breakaway infuriates me, how often I drop big FB combos when they could end rounds/games annoys me too, then I have real trouble hit-confirming and jailing from d3/d1, I don't poke with d4 enough, walk myself in the corner too easily and then get predictable on the tele cancel, not patient enough for d2s to KB read throws with and get thrown out of startup, big trouble whiff punishing certain strings where I have to whiff punish the first whiff because the second forward advances like Jax' mid into overhead string or Geras' whatever it is into headbutt and damn the list goes on.

I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what it means to be good at the game and feel like I'm playing like trash despite making it to God in KL. I think I'd go 0-2 in tournaments, but at least I don't complain about top tiers and rather try to improve things on a level I have actual control over: Trying to iron out my mistakes.

I feel like as soon as you give away responsibility for your losses to "balance" or whatever shitty excuses you can find, you vanquish any hope of actually becoming a better player. To those people I suggest to just pick a top tier for a while. If a random Scorpion/Sub Zero still busts your ass, you're suddenly all out of excuses.

Don't lose at the character select screen, boys.
Of course you don't complain about top tiers tho, you play Scorpion

MKF30

Well, now that we got out first big balance patch I wonder if some people would change their viewpoint on some of their mains or not.

I'm at grand master almost Demi god and play Raiden, 6/10 and if I have momentum 8/10
Ha, same here man. Well I do use Jade, Liu Kang and rarely Sonya but mostly Raiden. I feel your pain. lol

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I kinda realized that the better I get at the game overall, the easier it is to pick up new characters and get good with them.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Oh you're modest haha. To me you're higher man for sure! Do you play Frosty more now that she's a been tweaked a little or not so much? lol
thanks man lol
Yea I do, despite the fact that she still has some issues. But overall, she is more fun now for sure. When u getting on bruh?!

MKF30

thanks man lol
Yea I do, despite the fact that she still has some issues. But overall, she is more fun now for sure. When u getting on bruh?!
I've been on like every other or every 2 days lol random. Trying to get God this season, so close yet so far in kl lol

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
Glad this thread was rekindled, my numbers have shifted a bit since.

Shang: 6/10. I'm much more efficient with his base moveset now, and i know a little more about more of the cast to make soul steal a tad more viable. That said, i can see how quickly i fall into a pattern with his up close fighting, and most of the time i get away with it, but it never flies well when playing someone better than me. If i fix that, and learn 3-4 more characters, i'd move myself to 7/10

Kabal: 4/10. He's taken a bit of a back seat lately while i practiced the kast and rekindled my skarlet passion. I still do very well against Clean Cut kabal when i play shang, but i know i've gone rusty using many of kabals kit. I can likely still do it all, but it would be flowcharty.

Skarlet: 7/10. The buff to her frame data has made her up close game quite viable, see @Eddy Wangs content. I've learned how to space many of her normals better and my long game is still strong. If i hit parries more consistently, i'd bump her to 8/10. Because as we all know, the true strength of the parry is not the parry itself. Nor is it the health regen. Nor, in fact, is it even the KB. No, the true strength of the parry, is the threat of the parry. Also i should cancel into bloodball up close less.

MKF30

I feel ya man. I play daily and i'm still struggling around 4000 points.
Yep lol the struggle is real lol. And you're welcome, glad you like it. Yeah I figured a lot would change their viewpoint now after the first big patch. lol