What's new

Rate yourself with your MAIN characters on a Scale from 1-10

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
All right, I’ll play along without being a Debbie downer...

Erron Black: 8.5
Jax: 8.5
Sonya: 7
Cassie: 8
Jacqui: 7 (when I don’t drop combos)
Johnny: 7
Geras: 7
Kabal: 7
Kano: 7
Shao Kahn: 6
Frost: 6
Liu Kang: 5

See my dilemma? I’ve tried learning too many characters to find a secondary since I stopped playing Jax. I just started playing him again and it’s working out. But if I play the same character over and over I get bored, but when I mix it up too much I try to do the same things for a different char. Lol

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
For some reason, I feel like I'm better with Kano and maybe not 100% execution wise yet, I did play Cassie non-stop for like 2 months and I know what to do with her most of the time with 90% of MUs, but I think Kano's playstyle fits me better than Cassie. I would say I'm around 6/10 with both of them right now since I'm still a noob when it comes to FGs.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
What's the scale based on?

I'd assume 10/10 is professional level, consistent Top 32 placement, dominant online warrior, etc

Kung Lao: 8/10 on one of my good days, 6/10 on a bad day
Your skill level, want to take win % that's fine as well but yeah it's just a general question try not to overthink it man lol.

MKF30

Kotal Kahn 5/10. I can beat the absolute dog shit out of some people, and I can be beaten so badly my family is ashamed of me. And I have solid matches with solid players.
I've noticed so far for whatever reason when I play a KK player, they're good or competitive yet when I win they get salty AF lol. One guy raged quit on me in KL. Another in KOTH immediately gave me 0 points lol. :eek: I used Raiden in the KL match and Jade in the KOTH btw, so no Scorpion, Black, Geras etc

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
I've noticed so far for whatever reason when I play a KK player, they're good or competitive yet when I win they get salty AF lol. One guy raged quit on me in KL. Another in KOTH immediately gave me 0 points lol. :eek: I used Raiden in the KL match and Jade in the KOTH btw, so no Scorpion, Black, Geras etc
Bunch of babies! I have only ever played one mirror match and the man was very respectful and hype to be playing another Kotal. I am so sorry my Kotal brethren are such a disgrace. If we ever play I promise to conduct myself honorably win, lose, or draw.

MKF30

Bunch of babies! I have only ever played one mirror match and the man was very respectful and hype to be playing another Kotal. I am so sorry my Kotal brethren are such a disgrace. If we ever play I promise to conduct myself honorably win, lose, or draw.
lol it's all good, I think I played one KK early on few weeks back in ranked before KL who didn't leave or send hatemail or anything.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
lol it's all good, I think I played one KK early on few weeks back in ranked before KL who didn't leave or send hatemail or anything.
What rank are you? I am Grandmaster, playing up to God rank, and the percentage of absolute TWATS has risen considerably from Master and below, no matter who they are playing.

MKF30

What rank are you? I am Grandmaster, playing up to God rank, and the percentage of absolute TWATS has risen considerably from Master and below, no matter who they are playing.
Demi God. Once you get the DG it's going to be near to impossible lol because the point system is harsh and you're going to get nothing but tops overall lol which I'm sure you're getting now in GM lol

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Demi God. Once you get the DG it's going to be near to impossible lol because the point system is harsh and you're going to get nothing but tops overall lol which I'm sure you're getting now in GM lol
Wicked, thanks bro!

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Cetrion - 7/10, maybe 8 on a good day
Mostly wins online, do aight at locals, know MUs on a deeper level, etc. but I'm not the best player in general

Shang - 5/10
I can roll people who don't know the MU and I can play good, calculated neutral but I still have those "I have the read but don't know what my best option is" moments. Got bored of playing him so I never really learned him deeply

Frost - 4/10
Played her a lot in the beginning but got tired of losing all the time

Erron Black - 6/10
I don't bother learning MUs and shit with this easy-ass character, his gimmicky shit just carries my ass. I whip him out as a surprise "fuck you I'm gonna f4 immediately" character sometimes

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Cassie - 7/10 Good.general concepts...no I. Depth knowledge with setups etc. Auto pilot.

Jade - 8/10 After this week. Situational awareness, good conversions but I need to work on my defenses on knockdown. Still more to pull out of her.

Frost - 4/10 I pull her out when I want to party

Liu Kang - 6/10 similar to Cassie.

Shang - 6/10 good base knowledge but no fleshed out knowledge or optimals.

Erron Black - 6/10 I play him far to conservative.

Noob Saibot - 6/10 Feel good with him, but I drop far too much.

Sub Zero - 7/10 I mean he is pretty damn auto pilot.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Jade: 7/10 - in dire need of better conversions and more patient play (translation: STOP JUMPIN).

Kabal: 7.5/10 - same issues as Jade, but I'm for some reason so much better at hitconfirming and getting good conversions with him than at Jade.

In both cases, I find 0 shame in zoning the shit out of opponents for as long as I can which is extremely effective against so many damn players. It leads to a lot of hate mail and Quitalities, especially as Jade. The salty tilting affecting their gameplay is REAL and is super fun to watch as it builds up.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Cassie and Johnny, I'd say are both a 6/10 for me.

I've got the gameplan down for both, but I keep doing things during matches that I know I shouldn't. Against randoms online, I'm pretty decent. Against many on the boards, I'm not able to do as well but I get more out of the matchup since I can at least see where I need to work on each character, mainly staggering and making better reads.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Just played my second Kotal player, and he beat me. And guess what? He was a total fucking asshole about it. Fuck's sake.