What's new

Rate The Superhero, Video Game Movie above from 1-10

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, so this topic on a few other sites I've been on did well and noticed lately a lot of talk about comic book films, of course always with video games and general pop culture going on a lot more of late. So I figured give it a try on here. Know that it doesn't matter when you saw the movie as long as you have seen it and you can also post animated movies as well ie DC animated, Marvel, Video Game etc

Pretty simple rules to this thread. Rate the movie above listed by the previous user and rate it on a scale from 1-10.(1 being the weakest and 10 being the best) feel free to discuss it but it's not necessarily. You can also post a pic of the said movie but this is completely optional. Could be any movie as long as it falls under said categories, if the topic does well I'll just change it to any film in the future.

If you post just post a movie for someone else to rate. I'll start.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Ok, so this topic on a few other sites I've been on did well and noticed lately a lot of talk about comic book films, of course always with video games and general pop culture going on a lot more of late. So I figured give it a try on here. Know that it doesn't matter when you saw the movie as long as you have seen it and you can also post animated movies as well ie DC animated, Marvel, Video Game etc

Pretty simple rules to this thread. Rate the movie above listed by the previous user and rate it on a scale from 1-10.(1 being the weakest and 10 being the best) feel free to discuss it but it's not necessarily. You can also post a pic of the said movie but this is completely optional. Could be any movie as long as it falls under said categories, if the topic does well I'll just change it to any film in the future.

If you post just post a movie for someone else to rate. I'll start.
7.5 out of 10. Was a good start to the franchise but I found it a bit dragging, not that great on rewatch, and also the most "cartoony" out of the trilogy. On the plus side, Ras Al Ghul and Scarecrow were done really cool, and the fresh characterization of Batman (at least on the bigscreen) was enough to spawn a great trilogy.

May as well follow it up with this badboy

MKF30

9/10 Arguably one of the best comic if not the best comic movie ever made thus far. Ledger's performance was just amazing, I know some say he only gets praised cause he died but I don't believe that should take away from his performance even if he didn't. His joker was just something else.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
All DC movies suck. The best of them barely gets 5/10. The marvel movies are far superior, the worst of them still gets 8/10.

Sent from my Quantum Computer using TYM Quantum App

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I want to participate in this thread, but I legit haven't seen the Street Fighter movie since I was 7. Maybe 9. Definitely not 10.

I think the idea is to hold back on your Superhero movie suggestions until it is your turn, or else this thread simply devolves into thev"General Superhero Movie Discussion Thread," which is fine but ultimately defeats the purpose of the game.

That said, posts about movies that have already been officially rated and mentioned should be fine.

Not trying to enforce any "rules," just posing the question about whether we are going to have them or not.

i dont agree with u,
Batman The dark knight, and THe dark knight rises are far superior to all the marvel aka Disney movies

hail to the ledger's joker and his quotes.

if you are good at something.....

Agreed. There are moments in the TDS trilogy which transcend the superhero genre, which as far as I have seen thus far (which is far from all of it) films from the Marvel universe have never done.

If you want a superhero story that truly transcends the genre, however, you should check out Legion. It's a cable television show, so bringing it up doesn't break the "rules" of thr thread.

Last edited:

MKF30

lol I had to laugh at "all dc films suck" Not true at all. The Worst comic movie is still considered that newer Fantastic Four(not that the other FF's are great lol) and most people when polled still feel TDK is better than IW on comicvine, arguably the biggest site for comic discussion. TDK just brought something that no other comic movie Marvel or DC can duplicate that makes it stand out from the rest.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/after-infinity-war-is-the-dark-knight-still-the-be-1946304/

I've noticed Marvel films get praised by critics but then the same critics who loved that shitty new Ghostbusters so that's not saying much. I remember reading RT rating that trash higher than BVS, MOS. No way in hell that's accurate lol. Not saying DC don't have their flaws but people put Marvel on this pedestal as if all their movies are great and that's far from true. That and I would watch Hulk movies, Iron Man 3, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Wolverine Origins, Thor 1 and 2 weren't exactly top of the line films....but moving on.

@CmC_HAt @Undergroundepict Agreed, good points plus DC happens to have 2 big awards something no Marvel film has. One for Ledger's performance with his oscar, the other for Suicide Squads music at the academy's. The first one especially is impressive since most people ignore comic oriented films in that regard.

Ok, maybe SF was one that should be forgotten so I'll post another one most people have seen.

How about this one? Most people should have seen this.

Last edited:
8/10
Still my favorite xmen movie. Though Jennifer Lawrence obviously does not enjoy playing Mystique though and always seems bored in that role.

On another note, I thought First Class was weaker. Which almost everybody strongly disagrees with me about

Now, the film that arguably kicked it all off

If you can't tell from the poster, its the 2002 Sam Raimi version.

MKF30

@Tony at Home I hear ya, I agree I think Rebecca did a better job IMO as Mystique than Jennifer did.

I also agree with you about first class, to be honest as a fan of the X-Men movies I wasn't impressed with First Class. I thought the sequels to it were much better.

Yeah that movie was great, not since original Superman movies from the 70's and 80's or I should say Keaton's Batman actually restarted it for a while, then Xmen and then Spider-Man(Tobey's) got the ball rolling again. I noticed that happens from time to time comic movies take a break then start again. But for that movie, 8/10. Was a fun movie, I enjoyed it a lot more than The Amazing Spider-Man series to be honest and in some ways even more than Homecoming.

How about this one.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
9/10. My joint favourite comic movie alongside TDK. Fell in love from the moment it started. Comedian has some of my favourite dialogue in any movie. Happily parodies and deconstructs the genre - but funny and dark af, which I love. Aware this might be unpopularly high praise, but whatever.... to each their own :)

Also big fan of x-men ‘cept origins (last stand was a little iffy too). Thor 1 is a sleeper imo... “I need a horse!!”

(How do I post images from imgur? Copying links just makes an IMG box)

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I love the Marvel movies but I don’t see anyone ever winning an Oscar for their performance in one. TDK is GOAT.
Honestly I think Ledger was 100% deserving of his oscar win but I doubt he would even have been nominated had he not died. The Academy sucks ass, they wouldn't have wanted a blockbuster comicbook movie on there for such a big award.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
All DC movies suck. The best of them barely gets 5/10. The marvel movies are far superior, the worst of them still gets 8/10.

Sent from my Quantum Computer using TYM Quantum App
I'll take Tim Burton's Batman movies and TDK over any Marvel movie they ever made. I'll even take Adam West's Batman movie, that's a timeless classic, not even kidding.

Clearly Marvel has had more consistent quality over the past decade but some Marvel movies are super mediocre and get a pass for reasons I can't say

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I’ll do the comic book movies I’ve watched by series, 10 doesn’t mean perfect, it just means I don’t see it being realistically better in any real way and it can and will be timeless. Just my opinion of course, I love movies and would love to explain any of my ratings.

Nolan Batmans
Batman Begins - 9
The Dark Knight - 10
The Dark Knight Rises - 9

DCEU
Man of Steel - 7
Batman v Superman - 6
Suicide Squad - 4
Wonder Woman - 7.5
Justice League - 5

Spider-Man Trilogy (with extreme nostalgia bias)
Spider-Man - 8
Spider-Man 2 - 8.5
Spider-Man 3 - 6 (its not good but it’s honestly not as terrible as Justice League or Suicide Squad)

MCU
Iron Man - 8.5
The Incredible Hulk - 7
Iron Man 2 - 7
Thor - 7
Captain America: The First Avenger - 7.5
The Avengers - 9
Iron Man 3 - 6
Thor: The Dark World - 5
Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9
Guardians of The Galaxy - 9
Avengers: Age of Ultron - 8
Ant-Man - 7.5
Captain America: Civil War - 9
Doctor Strange - 7.5
Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 - 9
Spider-Man: Homecoming - 8.5
Thor: Ragnarok - 8.5
Black Panther - 8
Avengers: Infinity War - 9

Fox X-Men
X-Men - 7.5
X2: X-Men United - 8.5
X-Men: The Last Stand - 4.5
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 4.5
X-Men: First Class - 8.5
The Wolverine - 7.5
X-Men: Days of Future Past - 8
Deadpool - 8.5
X-Men: Apocalypse - 7.5
Logan - 9.5

Last edited:

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I’ll do the comic book movies I’ve watched by series, 10 doesn’t mean perfect, it just means I don’t see it being realistically better in any real way and it can and will be timeless. Just my opinion of course, I love movies and would love to explain any of my ratings.

Nolan Batmans
Batman Begins - 9
The Dark Knight - 10

DCEU
Man of Steel - 7
Batman v Superman - 6
Suicide Squad - 4
Wonder Woman - 7.5
Justice League - 5

MCU
Iron Man - 8.5
The Incredible Hulk - 7
Iron Man 2 - 7
Thor - 7
The Avengers - 9
Iron Man 3 - 6
Ant-Man - 7.5
Doctor Strange - 7.5
Black Panther - 8

Fox X-Men
X-Men - 7.5
The Wolverine - 7.5
Deadpool - 8.5
Logan - 9.5
Agreed except I don't think the whole Dark Knight series is a 10 rating. They're nostalgic but I went back and watched TDK and TDKR the other day and there was some shit in there. Like just Bale's batman voice alone was pretty cringe for me, and some of the choreography was pretty off

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Agreed except I don't think the whole Dark Knight series is a 10 rating. They're nostalgic but I went back and watched TDK and TDKR the other day and there was some shit in there. Like just Bale's batman voice alone was pretty cringe for me, and some of the choreography was pretty off
I only gave TDK a 10, I agree. Batman Begins is fantastic but didn’t have the punch of TDK for me. TDKR didn’t get a 10 because some dated fight choreography and Bruce Wayne getting back to Gotham being kind of a big plot hole, more sloppy than this trilogy typically would have.

Agree on Bale’s voice being bad at some scenes but it was mostly okay... although...

WHERRREEEZZZ THE TRIGGER? WHERRRREEE IZZZ ITTT? YOUD NEVER GIVE IT TO AN ORDINARY SHITZENN! WHERRRREEEE IZZZ ITTT?

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I only gave TDK a 10, I agree. Batman Begins is fantastic but didn’t have the punch of TDK for me. TDKR didn’t get a 10 because some dated fight choreography and Bruce Wayne getting back to Gotham being kind of a big plot hole, more sloppy than this trilogy typically would have.
Sorry when I meant a 10 I just meant like around that rating, like 9 or 10, I should've been more specific. Batman begins was the worst of the 3 but still super good imo.

Tbh the best part about the whole Nolan series was the bad guys. Lucius, Alfred, and Gordon were all played really well imo. Christian Bale's batman was just... weird....

Not like it's even his fault totally. Like his acting as Bruce Wayne was really good, just whenever Batman was on screen it felt a little weird, like the weird grunting, the weird voice, the weird choreography. That's what it feels like looking back anyway.

Tom Hardy Bane holds a special place in my heart as one of the best on screen villains I've seen. Heath's Joker was also incredible but Hardy's Bane does it for me. Made me feel like he deserved the right to destroy Gotham.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Sorry when I meant a 10 I just meant like around that rating, like 9 or 10, I should've been more specific. Batman begins was the worst of the 3 but still super good imo.

Tbh the best part about the whole Nolan series was the bad guys. Lucius, Alfred, and Gordon were all played really well imo. Christian Bale's batman was just... weird....

Not like it's even his fault totally. Like his acting as Bruce Wayne was really good, just whenever Batman was on screen it felt a little weird, like the weird grunting, the weird voice, the weird choreography. That's what it feels like looking back anyway.

Tom Hardy Bane holds a special place in my heart as one of the best on screen villains I've seen. Heath's Joker was also incredible but Hardy's Bane does it for me. Made me feel like he deserved the right to destroy Gotham.
I just love these movies. I just barely missed being a little kid that got the Ben Affleck Batman action figure that has no regard for human life and wants to stab Superman in the face, I got to play with the Batman who values every life and makes the hard and selfless choices action figure as a kid.

MKF30

9/10. My joint favourite comic movie alongside TDK. Fell in love from the moment it started. Comedian has some of my favourite dialogue in any movie. Happily parodies and deconstructs the genre - but funny and dark af, which I love. Aware this might be unpopularly high praise, but whatever.... to each their own :)

Also big fan of x-men ‘cept origins (last stand was a little iffy too). Thor 1 is a sleeper imo... “I need a horse!!”

(How do I post images from imgur? Copying links just makes an IMG box)
I would say 7/10 for that movie.

But to answer you, I use imgur and use the link for message boards once you save your picture on there from your computer. If there's another way I'm unaware, but it's the one with your link ]img] Hope that helps!

[QUOTE="Dankster Morgan, post: 2391929, member: 45583"]I’ll do the comic book movies I’ve watched by series, 10 doesn’t mean perfect, it just means I don’t see it being realistically better in any real way and it can and will be timeless. Just my opinion of course, I love movies and would love to explain any of my ratings.

Nolan Batmans
Batman Begins - 9
The Dark Knight - 10

DCEU
Man of Steel - 7
Batman v Superman - 6
Suicide Squad - 4
Wonder Woman - 7.5
Justice League - 5

Spider-Man Trilogy (with extreme nostalgia bias)
Spider-Man - 8
Spider-Man 2 - 8.5
Spider-Man 3 - 6 (its not good but it’s honestly not as terrible as Justice League or Suicide Squad)

MCU
Iron Man - 8.5
The Incredible Hulk - 7
Iron Man 2 - 7
Thor - 7
The Avengers - 9
Iron Man 3 - 6
Ant-Man - 7.5
Doctor Strange - 7.5
Black Panther - 8

Fox X-Men
X-Men - 7.5
The Wolverine - 7.5
Deadpool - 8.5
Logan - 9.5[/QUOTE]

That must have taken you a lot of time to do but no Fantastic Four or GL or Tim Burton movies? Superman movies(besides MOS, BVS and JL of course)