What's new

RankedBoost Tier List. Opinions??

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I agree with viability of chars but fangs tools don't compare to the rest the cast. His damage is lower then most if not lowest in the game. A few great buttons HP, HK, MK, cr.MK, cr.MP, and I guess sweep when your ace v trigger. Most his cancels are unsafe. Cancel into anything that's not ex an get punched in the face. He defense is weak, with ex cmd dash being grabbable, you just throw him until he stops. More then likely there universal OS for it. The only saving grace to or reasons I could see someone playing him are
• poison damage builds fast
• 50/50 on knockdowns
• his "touch-of-death" sequence
• zoning people out
• you like the char/his play style fits you.
Poison doesn't build fast
There is no 50/50 if you quickrise/backroll you unless it's a crush counter sweep
Touch of death sequence? I don't think I even need to see this to know back-roll instantly nulifies it
Zoning? His projectiles have 48f of recovery and there's 30 on the traps. He can't use any of his specials the moment most characters get 1 meter

You and that other guy clearly make it sound like picking fang is a losing battle when he can defiantly win, just has to put in work same as laura. But everyone on the sfv cast is good, capcom did a great job of balancing.
Please go and experiment with this character instead of rehashing the same "this game is so balanced" nonsense. It's not about F.A.N.G having to "work" hard, it is about him not functioning properly and more importantly it's about what's fair

Last edited:
Picking fang is instant loss. He's totally not viable at all. He didn't place in the top 8 in a field of over 1200.

Saying the game is well balanced is nonsense. 13 different characters didn't place in the top 20 in this same field.

Oh wait.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Hey Guys, Just wondering your opinions on this tier list. Now that the game has been out for a month and a half, I think this is a pretty accurate tier list as of now.

God Tier:

Nash
Karin
M. Bison
Chun Li

Tier 1:

Rashid
Birdie
Dhalsim
Vega
Ryu
Ken

Tier 2:

R. Mika
Necalli
Cammy
Alex

Dumpster Tier:

Laura
Fang
Zangief
Honestly I'd move Cammy and Laura up one tier and I'm happy. I love your list.

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
My tier list
Tier 1
Dhalsim
Chun li
Bison

Tier 2
Nash
Laura
Cammy
Ken
Ryu
Vega
Rashed
Fang

Tier 3
Necalli
Dang
Alex
Mika
Birdie

Tier 4
Zangief

My tier list
Tier 1
Dhalsim
Chun li
Bison

Tier 2
Nash
Laura
Cammy
Ken
Ryu
Vega
Rashed
Fang

Tier 3
Necalli
Dang
Alex
Mika
Birdie

Tier 4
Zangief
Hmm interesting. Dhalsim was supposed to be top tier since the beginning and as far as I've seem he's really good but I think is one of the harder characters to master, but his setups are really great. Chun Li is really strong so yea. I personally think bison is mid tier. And yea I believe zangief needs a couple of things in this game.