What's new

Ranked Mode Ideas for Season 2

Xzyj

Noob
Can they make it so it counts your ranked progress? I just went online for the first time in weeks and there's no other ranked besides combat league, it's like 7th match i'm paired against people that don't even know buttons of their character and half of them are on 160 ping wi-fi, why do i have to suffer through this when i had already some MMR on ranked before kombat league happened?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I would hazard to guess that 95%+ of the consistent playerbase plays on wifi, I get that people want the option but it would be silly to have one leaderboard with players on it who exclusively play the hypothetical 5% of users who are on wired. But when it comes to player match, these options should be as robust as possible.

Mainstream media will cry about being able to buy in-game items with in-game currency, but we still want that. SFV does it, RS6 does it, and they're games that do extremely well.
No offense but I feel like this is some stockholm syndrome shit, if your concern is RNG, ask to remove the RNG, not add microtransactions. It might be nice for a lot of people who just want that one piece or so but that sort of stuff relies on exploiting the few consumers who get addicted. I think NRS should be lauded for making real money transactions so limited when they clearly have felt the motivation to put microtransactions in. They could have easily made this into a meritless cash grab.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I actually switched over to WiFi just to see if people were exaggerating or bitching just to bitch and they’re not. It was awful and unplayable lol. I see why they pick scorpion now. I could never go back to that.

RakeemGTR

Eat Ass n Nuts
What do you guys think of tekken 7's rank system? Instead of a set ranking for your account, each character you play as will be ranked. So before you join a match you would pick your character and you would search for a match in like a training mode stage. I know its wishful thinking but I'd love to see that implemented in mk11's KL.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I would hazard to guess that 95%+ of the consistent playerbase plays on wifi, I get that people want the option but it would be silly to have one leaderboard with players on it who exclusively play the hypothetical 5% of users who are on wired. But when it comes to player match, these options should be as robust as possible.

No offense but I feel like this is some stockholm syndrome shit, if your concern is RNG, ask to remove the RNG, not add microtransactions. It might be nice for a lot of people who just want that one piece or so but that sort of stuff relies on exploiting the few consumers who get addicted. I think NRS should be lauded for making real money transactions so limited when they clearly have felt the motivation to put microtransactions in. They could have easily made this into a meritless cash grab.
But you can earn the currency in game, that's the trade-off.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Choosing a character to face against is not a good idea. A zoner can just pick a character that struggles against zoning etc.
Its worth noting that the idea I purposed was for a New Ranked Mode not Kombat League or Ranked. I'm talking about a separate new mode that allows players to rank up based on character used and select opponents character to matchmake with. This would be an amazing tool for MU experience for many who don't have good practice buddies with the unpopular characters or anyone really. Can people exploit it, yes but I don't think that should be a deterrent from making this mode. I think the majority would choose to learn though matchups over easy ones when all it gives is stats.

The other ranked system Kombat League I was asking to allow auto locking before matchmaking and stats based on character used not profile.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
Its worth noting that the idea I purposed was for a New Ranked Mode not Kombat League or Ranked. I'm talking about a separate new mode that allows players to rank up based on character used and select opponents character to matchmake with. This would be an amazing tool for MU experience for many who don't have good practice buddies with the unpopular characters or anyone really. Can people exploit it, yes but I don't think that should be a deterrent from making this mode. I think the majority would choose to learn though matchups over easy ones when all it gives is stats.

The other ranked system Kombat League I was asking to allow auto locking before matchmaking and stats based on character used not profile.
Gotcha. It would be a cool casual mode