What's new

Rank the top 10 zoning variations in order

Immortal

Blind justice....
Listen you can duck all day vs balanced kenshi, i'd love to see you duck, then run on reaction to the oh strike consistently, and he still has an amazing tool that blows up runs itself and its only -9 if blocked, along with RK and shoulder. This game isn't full of great zoning after hish qu and summoner i don't see much broken zoning. I though bone shaper was broken purely because of sparks.
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

I just need to duck ONCE your TF and i can just run up and full combo punish with any character that has decent forwarding normal / string (for example Cassie). You eat 30%+ and get pressured and usually land close to corner. And then you got so many options vs those strictly rushdown with many good mix ups characters........... Oh wait... you just got EX RK which isn't even safe on block.

Keep dreaming.

Exactly this:

@Peckapowa

Jesus the misinformation and lack of current meta is strong

MY SUGGESTION

+

+

JDM

Noob
1.) Summoner Quan
2.) HQT Predator
3.) BS Shinnok
4.) Pyro Tanya
5.) Mournful Kitana
6.) Balanced Kenshi
7.) Full Auto Jacqui
8.) Grand Master Sub
9.) Cybernetic Kano
10.) and idk

1.) Summoner Quan
2.) HQT Predator
3.) BS Shinnok
4.) Pyro Tanya
5.) Mournful Kitana
6.) Balanced Kenshi
7.) Full Auto Jacqui
8.) Grand Master Sub
9.) Cybernetic Kano
10.) and idk

I think hish qu is superior to summoner in terms of zoning. Both are very strong.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Boneshaper is not all about hellsparks lol, his projectile does a lot of good damage, is fast af, and the recovery is super fast. That + hellsparks and his almost fullscreen scoop and his ground hit.

Mournful is very good as well!!

Full-Auto better than Bone Shaper and Royal Storm? Lol, HELLL NAAAAAH. At least Royal Storm Kitana and Bone Shaper Shinnok have good footsies to compliment their zoning game.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
his only good source of chip is throwing clone which is reacted to and punished everyone can low profile his ice ball and the ex has shit chip, with a health lead i might agree
That's true. Zoning wise I don't think he'd be anything above the low end of a Top 10, but I can see him barely missing it as well. It might be MU dependent more than anything in his case.

Boneshaper is not all about hellsparks lol, his projectile does a lot of good damage, is fast af, and the recovery is super fast. That + hellsparks and his almost fullscreen scoop and his ground hit.

Mournful is very good as well!!

Full-Auto better than Bone Shaper and Royal Storm? Lol, HELLL NAAAAAH.
Well imo royal storm and full auto are similar in terms of zoning as they both are duckable but deny the opponent movement and control the pace very similarly, i just though jackie's ability to meter burn and generate chip was slightly superior. I though they were in a similar class. I've always been impressed by dab's jackie, and jackie outzones many characters in this game and it allows her to have more freedom of movement.

I never considered shinnock's scoop a zoning tool, but i guess it is because it's half screen. Shinnok's balls themselves are a fantastic tool. I see shinnok boneshaper as a top tier character but overlooked him for zoning i guess.

Am I mad for thinking sorcerer should be in top 10? Why does no one else think so?
i just thought all 3 of the variations would make it boring. In terms of projectiles warlock has the advantage of having a kick. Sorceror obviously is harder to get it on, but that's sheerly because of armor. IDK if i wanted to consider armor zoning, tis all. But it is superior because it can just anti-everything in the circle. It's how you look at it suppose.

Both efficiently counter-zone.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Well imo royal storm and full auto are similar in terms of zoning as they both are duckable but deny the opponent movement and control the pace very similarly, i just though jackie's ability to meter burn and generate chip was slightly superior. I though they were in a similar class. I've always been impressed by dab's jackie, and jackie outzones many characters in this game and it allows her to have more freedom of movement.

I never considered shinnock's scoop a zoning tool, but i guess it is because it's half screen. Shinnok's balls themselves are a fantastic tool. I see shinnok boneshaper as a top tier character but overlooked him for zoning i guess.
But Kitana can convert into 30%+ and she has actual good ranged normals + anti-air to compliment her zoning. Kitana can also EX her fans for chip damage and she can actually convert off her EX ground fans at half screen.

EDIT: Kitana also has lift and EX lift that makes trading with her scary.

So bone shaper is superior full/mid screen to necromancer?? We think his projectile is better than the flicks despite being duckable?? i understand the flicks are super unsafe.

But Kitana can convert into 30%+ and she has actual good ranged normals + anti-air to compliment her zoning. Kitana can also EX her fans for chip damage and she can actually convert off her EX ground fans at half screen.
I'm not denying she's a better character, this list was based purely on the ability to keep away, i guess that makes it very subjective. Because summoner quan can keep away very well but just sitting in armor. i more wanted to focus on the projectile game.

I wavered between jackie and royal storm because royal storms fans lead to big damage.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Just stopping in to halt the Jacqui up play, especially her ZONING. Massively overrated when considering offline play. The words "duck and punish" can't be emphasized more than her guns. She can't even shoot them at all in some MU's if the opponent knows what he's doing against it. Jacqui's "zoning" is average, at best. Her 50/50's and corner setups are about her only "good" things.

Also, Bone Shaper's "zoning" is one notch away from elite. To some it is elite.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
That's true. Zoning wise I don't think he'd be anything above the low end of a Top 10, but I can see him barely missing it as well. It might be MU dependent more than anything in his case.
yeah vs rushdown characters like johnny his zonig is top tier but vs people like bs shinnok any quan chi its not really relevant lol

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I'm not denying she's a better character, this list was based purely on the ability to keep away, i guess that makes it very subjective. Because summoner quan can keep away very well but just sitting in armor. i more wanted to focus on the projectile game.
Ummm, having a good projectile isn't going to take you so far when you don't have good range and good way to AA on reaction lol. Zoning is all about keeping your oponent out, not just having a good projectile.

yeah vs rushdown characters like johnny his zonig is top tier but vs people like bs shinnok any quan chi its not really relevant lol

okay we understand, shinnok is a beast, its purely because of hell sparks though. without hell sparks, he doesn't have frame traps, he doesn't control space well. It's all hell sparks and i overlooked that, which is why i considered necro over it, because atleast necro has flicks that aren't duckable.

So bone shaper is superior full/mid screen to necromancer?? We think his projectile is better than the flicks despite being duckable?? i understand the flicks are super unsafe.
flick/ground thing still kinda have shitty tracking, it's better than before but ehh. Boneshaper is wayyyy better lol