What's new

Rank the top 10 zoning variations in order

Some chars im not as familiar with like tanya but from what i have seen, based purely on zoning not the whole character. Im not sure what you want to classify subby as.

1. Hish Qu Ten
2. Summoner Quan
3. Pyromancer (not sure post patch, but her runaway is stupid)
4. Balanced (armor is what makes him good imo he's not in the league of hish qu or summoner in terms of ranged game)
5. Full Auto
6. Royal Storm
7. Cybernetic (cyber might be better purely from a damage standpoint with projectiles then full auto and royal storm but i feel the others are great at space control, these are all close and im not sure)
8. Necromancer shinnok
9. FF liu
10. Warlock

Notable mentions / could be up there in bottom half: Possessed/Kenjutsu, Mournful, Lasher, Grandmaster, Shaolin kung, Marksman

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Some chars im not as familiar with like tanya but from what i have seen, based purely on zoning not the whole character. Im not sure what you want to classify subby as.

1. Hish Qu Ten
2. Summoner Quan
4. Balanced (armor is what makes him good imo he's not in the league of hish qu or summoner in terms of ranged game)
5. Full Auto
6. Royal Storm
7. Cybernetic (cyber might be better purely from a damage standpoint with projectiles then full auto and royal storm but i feel the others are great at space control, these are all close and im not sure)
8. Necromancer shinnok
9. FF liu
10. Warlock

Notable mentions / could be up there in bottom half: Possessed/Kenjutsu, Mournful, Lasher, Grandmaster, Shaolin kung, Marksman
Kenjutsu has no zoning, if u zone w Kenjutsu u will get bloody bodied

Possessed has no zoning, you play literally outside sc range offense and defense

Balanced is not 4th. Way overrated

Kenjutsu has no zoning, if u zone w Kenjutsu u will get bloody bodied

Possessed has no zoning, you play literally outside sc range offense and defense

Balanced is not 4th. Way overrated
i thought it was overrated too, but i consider both kenjutsu's and possessed shoulders maybe good enough to fight for 10, not as sustainable as warlock.

After the top 3 i don't see much strong zoning, im willing to rework it i stopped for a while.

keep in mind this is just zoning not the character overall.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
BS Shinnok zones better than Necro. Necro is the "toolset that never was". I'd say actually ability to solely zone opponents to victory is-

1) Summoner Quan
2) HQT Predator
3) Royal Storm Kitana
4) Bone Shaper Shinnok
5) Mournful Kitana
6) Balanced Kenshi
7) Pyro Tanya
8) Grand Master Sub
9) Flame Fist Liu
10) Full Auto Jacqui

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....

1. Hish Qu Ten
2. Summoner Quan
5. Full Auto
6. Royal Storm
8. Necromancer shinnok
9. FF liu
10. Warlock

You gotta be kidding with balanced Kenshi being 4th.

TF is a high and -53 on whiff FFS. That alone make his zoning meh. With what you gonna zone people out? TKS under which you can just run on reaction and full combo punish? Cmon.

Armor is good, EX RK is decent overall but being -17 on block it's really nothing to write home about.

Zoning with Warlock???????????? BS Shaper not Top 10? Mournful not top 10???????????

im not as familiar with mournful, but i considered boneshaper more of a footsie/ rushdown character. maybe im missing something. Depends maybe you consider hell sparks good enough to through up there.

I'm considering bumping cybernetic up allong with full auto past balanced.

Warlock still has solid full screen frame traps and can do some damage in that respect.

TF is a high and -53 on whiff FFS. That alone make his zoning meh. With what you gonna zone people out? TKS under which you can just run on reaction and full combo punish? Cmon.

Armor is good, EX RK is decent overall but being -17 on block it's really nothing to write home about.

Well after the top 3 i see a huge fall off, but apparently im missing on boneshaper...

maybe its more like this.

hish qu
summoner
pyro
cybernetic
full auto
bone shaper
Royal storm
balanced
so on and so forth.

Pig Of The Hut

i thought it was overrated too, but i consider both kenjutsu's and possessed shoulders maybe good enough to fight for 10, not as sustainable as warlock.

After the top 3 i don't see much strong zoning, im willing to rework it i stopped for a while.

keep in mind this is just zoning not the character overall.
Possessed and Kenjutsu sc is way better than balance but still are not zoning variations. There's not a real full screen game here

Possessed bf3 way better than balance and Kenjutsu in terms of safety where as balanced is -55 and Kenjutsu -51 on whiff neutral crouch

Here's the deal: balanced full screen against top players gets wrecked. React to overhead and neutral crouch the rest and 3/4 screen every characters gets a punish.

Sc is -15 in balanced and Cassie w b1 can punish as well as others

Also when u see the OH slash as shinnok it's Ex SCOOP "welcome Kenshi this is your home now"

Pig Of The Hut

im not as familiar with mournful, but i considered boneshaper more of a footsie/ rushdown character. maybe im missing something. Depends maybe you consider hell sparks good enough to through up there.

I'm considering bumping cybernetic up allong with full auto past balanced.

Warlock still has solid full screen frame traps and can do some damage in that respect.
U need to pack it up

This thread is not off to a good start w a ton of misinformation

PackItUpPower

Listen you can duck all day vs balanced kenshi, i'd love to see you duck, then run on reaction to the oh strike consistently, and he still has an amazing tool that blows up runs itself and its only -9 if blocked, along with RK and shoulder. This game isn't full of great zoning after hish qu and summoner i don't see much broken zoning. I though bone shaper was broken purely because of sparks.

Pig Of The Hut

Listen you can duck all day vs balanced kenshi, i'd love to see you duck, then run on reaction to the oh strike consistently, and he still has an amazing tool that blows up runs itself and its only -9 if blocked, along with RK and shoulder. This game isn't full of great zoning after hish qu and summoner i don't see much broken zoning. I though bone shaper was broken purely because of sparks.
UP U SHALL PACK

Possessed and Kenjutsu sc is way better than balance but still are not zoning variations. There's not a real full screen game here

Possessed bf3 way better than balance and Kenjutsu in terms of safety where as balanced is -55 and Kenjutsu -51 on whiff neutral crouch

Here's the deal: balanced full screen against top players gets wrecked. React to overhead and neutral crouch the rest and 3/4 screen every characters gets a punish.

Also when u see the OH slash as shinnok it's Ex SCOOP "welcome Kenshi this is your home now"
So people are consistently just crouching and reaction to his poopie ohs??? well then i'd say he's definetly not a top 15 character.

Yoaks

A spaceman

And yet for some reason people still think this character is Top 10.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Why would you say that? Zoning wise. His ability to clone as a wall of defense and dictate pace/moves I would think puts him at least the low end of the top. At least over someone like Jacqui who can get blown up for pushing a button while zoning.
his only good source of chip is throwing clone which is reacted to and punished everyone can low profile his ice ball and the ex has shit chip, with a health lead i might agree