What's new

Question Rain wakeups broken?

Pagan

Noob
I love how players who are use to playing beefy characters like Raiden or Kung Lao feel like something is wrong when they try and pick up a lesser character.

And yes sir, you can roll back and perform a wakeup attack though the timing is a bit strict.

I love how players who are use to playing beefy characters like Raiden or Kung Lao feel like something is wrong when they try and pick up a lesser character.

And yes sir, you can roll back and perform a wakeup attack though the timing is a bit strict.
i understand where lao comes off as god like and is + million on every fighter it seems but not being able to do wake ups safely is why rain is getting at me right now. and ill try the roll back but ive been wanting him since release of the game and i guess i expected a little better. better wake ups and 1 or 2 low highs that can combo which he doesnt have so it kinda limits mixups a little. so how does everyone use rain? hard offense? also what do you use when you lightning someone and catch them in a bubble or just bubble for combos?

Rain can beat out all characters non ex wake ups with EX roundhouse and you are complaining about no being able to wake up without meter? shame on you.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Rains is not an x-ray character. Sub-Zero is. Sub-Zero does not have great wake up options. Ex changes very little.

Rain should be spending his meter on enhanced attacks and on breakers. You should not worry about spending meter.

Raiman

Noob
that 50% combo is nearly impossible to pull off in practice let alone online with the delay and lag you encounter. the 45% one isnt that back but you cant even buffer it without him not doing the 43 and having him just do 4 then geyser or another bubble.
thst sucks your having trouble with em. idk i've been doing the 45% just fine and have done the 50% a couple times online now. just do the 4, 3, special sequences alot slower then you would expect to, thats how i do it consistently, that way you won't get any unwanted geyser kick. either way dedicated rain players will be able to do that 50% any time they want and with that kind of meterless combo potential, you have to use your meter on something, so i guess its wake ups for rain.

thst sucks your having trouble with em. idk i've been doing the 45% just fine and have done the 50% a couple times online now. just do the 4, 3, special sequences alot slower then you would expect to, thats how i do it consistently, that way you won't get any unwanted geyser kick. either way dedicated rain players will be able to do that 50% any time they want and with that kind of meterless combo potential, you have to use your meter on something, so i guess its wake ups for rain.
i dont see how the 50% one is even possible and i just stick to 43% since the 3 geyser at the end wiffs a few times when i can just lightning uppercut.

Rains is not an x-ray character. Sub-Zero is. Sub-Zero does not have great wake up options. Ex changes very little.

Rain should be spending his meter on enhanced attacks and on breakers. You should not worry about spending meter.
This. Rain is very much like sektor in this regard. Like sektor, using your xray just seems like a waste. Sektor can get 50% combos with one bar. Rain doesn't even need that. Use your bar for defense.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk