What's new

Question Rain wakeups broken?

havent seen this anywhere posted and if it was my fault but im trying to actually main rain along with lao raiden reptile sub and ermac. i know kenshi came out great but for some reason your wake ups should be armored or not hit out of it. everytime i do wake up tele or squirtle suirtle i get hit. even the upkick i get hit out of. anyone know how to wake up and not get hit out of everything? can you roll back then wake up?

I think you have the opposite definition of the word "broken" as usual.

Just do one of his armored moves. The enhanced upkick seems particularly effective as a wakeup, as it's hard to punish.

I think you have the opposite definition of the word "broken" as usual.

Just do one of his armored moves. The enhanced upkick seems particularly effective as a wakeup, as it's hard to punish.
you shouldnt have to burn meter for a wake up so in my opinion its broken. it def makes me not want to use him against top players and thats what im looking to do with him.

you shouldnt have to burn meter for a wake up so in my opinion its broken. it def makes me not want to use him against top players and thats what im looking to do with him.
Sektor would like a word with you. He needs to burn meter for wake up as well.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Altsa

Some characters cant even use EN moves to wake up safely with, so I see no reason to complain about this. Atleast Rain has the option to use EN wakeup move.

Kwon

---->----
With all the tools Rain currently has, maybe they felt he didn't need the best Wake-up-game nor Air-grabs.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Rain is a meter-dependent character for not only offense, but defense.

Rain is a meter-dependent character for not only offense, but defense.
it sucks because his easy xray combo does 53% and i love doing it and i really dont use xrays againist a beast opponent but it just seems to me rain is very low teir especially not being able to block on damage boost but quan chi can do it and block so that moves almost pointless against a worth opponent. im trying to figure out rain and how to use him to his best ability. his wake ups need meter his timing is strict with the delay online presents you and if you dont do combos out the ass he has weak damage. im trying to use him like pros use kabal. hes not that great but when used right hes nasty and being a kung lao main it makes me think its alot easier to get more wins with him then struggle and burn meter with rain

Raiman

Noob
it sucks because his easy xray combo does 53% and i love doing it and i really dont use xrays againist a beast opponent but it just seems to me rain is very low teir especially not being able to block on damage boost but quan chi can do it and block so that moves almost pointless against a worth opponent. im trying to figure out rain and how to use him to his best ability. his wake ups need meter his timing is strict with the delay online presents you and if you dont do combos out the ass he has weak damage. im trying to use him like pros use kabal. hes not that great but when used right hes nasty and being a kung lao main it makes me think its alot easier to get more wins with him then struggle and burn meter with rain
why would u waste full meter on a 53% xray combo when you can pull of 50% meterless combos? given that this particular combo is pretty damn hard to pull of, rain still has so many high damaging combos. i can consistantly do a 45% no meter online, with that kind of power he'd be broke with good meterless wakeups.

Niflheim

Noob
Teleport and Geyser kick seems pretty reliable for me. I don't even waste EX versions of it. I think you need to roll out of a knockdown instead of wake-up with rain-work much better in my opinion.

why would u waste full meter on a 53% xray combo when you can pull of 50% meterless combos? given that this particular combo is pretty damn hard to pull of, rain still has so many high damaging combos. i can consistantly do a 45% no meter online, with that kind of power he'd be broke with good meterless wakeups.
whats this meterless combo you speak of? i do jip 12f4 12f4 43 lightning roundhouse geyser kick for 38% and just that can be sometimes difficult to pull off in a match online

Subby

Frost Warrior
havent seen this anywhere posted and if it was my fault but im trying to actually main rain along with lao raiden reptile sub and ermac. i know kenshi came out great but for some reason your wake ups should be armored or not hit out of it. everytime i do wake up tele or squirtle suirtle i get hit. even the upkick i get hit out of. anyone know how to wake up and not get hit out of everything? can you roll back then wake up?
Wait, your getting hit out of it? Huh, thats wierd. Hasn't happend to me yet....

He has great wake up, his EX Tele is great because it has frames of armor. i just wish Sektor had armor on his start up EX TU but whatever, I still love him.

Raiman

Noob
whats this meterless combo you speak of? i do jip 12f4 12f4 43 lightning roundhouse geyser kick for 38% and just that can be sometimes difficult to pull off in a match online
Here are the combos

Heres the 50% meterless, i cant ever do it online though and rare offline. Also check out all of this guys videos to see how good rain combos can be that arent that difficult

Those videos are a lifesaver.

i've been doing 12f4 12f4 43 waterball 43 lighting RH b3 for only 38%, the other deviation is b2 12 b2 12 etc, etc. These combos seem like a cake walk compared to whatever I've been doing :hump:

Raiman

Noob
Glad they helped. I just pulled off the 50% online on some poor soul, so it can be done. After that combo and an xray right after, he rage quite, then messaged me saying "cheap as combos", and he used Kitana. Ha

that 50% combo is nearly impossible to pull off in practice let alone online with the delay and lag you encounter. the 45% one isnt that back but you cant even buffer it without him not doing the 43 and having him just do 4 then geyser or another bubble.