What's new

Breakthrough Rain: New Outlook

Clayman

you don't get it, do you?
It's more important to worry about making a character work and improving on their strengths, while minimizing the impact of their weaknesses/making weaknesses a strength than worrying about where they hang in the tier list or how "sucky".
if u ever played on top level, u'd know why we worry so much about tier list and why tier lists r made at all
top 15 is pretty close to 20. People have their own ideas of different characters and thats my opinion on how i see this character. How can an opinion be wrong?
he's near top20, that means he is smth like 22-23 and u said he is inside top15, that's very wrong imo, look my top10 thread or reo's tier list compare rain to characters from top15.

Espio

Kokomo
if u ever played on top level, u'd know why we worry so much about tier list and why tier lists r made at all

Tiers are a reference to who has better tools, not who will always win. I know why tier lists are made lol, thank you for missing the point.

Being negative has never won a single match up at top level so please spare me.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?

he's near top20, that means he is smth like 22-23 and u said he is inside top15, that's very wrong imo, look my top10 thread or reo's tier list compare rain to characters from top20.
So youre stating your opinion as fact. Lolk. Dont come in here and just insult people/the character for no reason. You can have your own ideas of the character and thats fine. The tier list is an ever changing and unpredictable thing as we all should take into account. Like espio said its always better to focus on more important aspects of play than trying to obsess over assigning a number to every character.

Clayman

So youre stating your opinion as fact. Lolk. Dont come in here and just insult people/the character for no reason. You can have your own ideas of the character and thats fine. The tier list is an ever changing and unpredictable thing as we all should take into account. Like espio said its always better to focus on more important aspects of play than trying to obsess over assigning a number to every character.
Ok. Nevermind then. Good luck trying to make smth out of rain even when best rain player told u, that rain sucks.

Espio

Kokomo
I'm pondering picking Rain back up again...I like him a lot, not quite sure why he hasn't jelled with me in months though, but I like his defensive footsies, he reminds me of how I play Stryker in some respects.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
Rain is a very stylish character. For me he is not as boring as Kabal for an example (iaGB, NDC all the way lol). Playing Rain gives me great pleasure and no game is boring. I wont abandon him for any other character but im playing to have fun, not playing to win.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Yo clayman isn't real he is a trol if nobody responds to him he will go away let him do his thing and we will carry on about our lives. It's obvious he doesn't play this game at least not correctly. Just let a troll be and stop feeding it

Clayman

Tiers are a reference to who has better tools, not who will always win. I know why tier lists are made lol, thank you for missing the point.
Missed this post for some reason.
If u know why tier lists r made, then read again the bs u posted b4 this post and stfu already.

Clayman

Yo clayman isn't real he is a trol if nobody responds to him he will go away let him do his thing and we will carry on about our lives. It's obvious he doesn't play this game at least not correctly. Just let a troll be and stop feeding it
I am eagerly accepting money matches from talking scrubs like u in mlg dallas money match thread.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Clayman : Rain is top 1 swag.

In the tier list match up, he is near Ermac (Rain has a lot of 5-5). Some people like big D and Tom brady can bring midtier char to top 16 tournaments. They deserve more gratitude than people using KL and kabal for sure.

Rain damages are great. He can make 50% meterless very easily and can still use 1 meter to make you not break dat shit. His Armor is better than shaokhan's armor itself and can land a ~40% combo. His footsy, pressure and wake up are decent. He has weakness (zoning) and I like that fact. Every char should have one Achila weakness.

When people playing Rain (we're just a few) will start using ex-RHcharge to make any special armored (including H2O boost, at least for the biggest part of the animation) his metagame will finally evolve.

We are hype about Rain because we love him, we're proud of him. Of course Clayman, Rain is not S tier, A tier, or top midtier, but he isn't that bad at all (not as bad as Scorpion). In my opinion, Rain is like Quanchi : God tier with meter, shit tier without.

You remind me Arcadians :

Btw, jr also said one day that Sheeva wasn't low tier so be carefull to what you can hear.

What was he like before/after the dash nerf? Sorry for being a scrub on this category.​
He has better dash and different d3.

Clayman

Clayman : Rain is top 1 swag.

In the tier list match up, he is near Ermac (Rain has a lot of 5-5). Some people like big D and Tom brady can bring midtier char to top 16 tournaments. They deserve more gratitude than people using KL and kabal for sure.

Rain damages are great. He can make 50% meterless very easily and can still use 1 meter to make you not break dat shit. His Armor is better than shaokhan's armor itself and can land a ~40% combo. His footsy, pressure and wake up are decent. He has weakness (zoning) and I like that fact. Every char should have one Achila weakness.

When people playing Rain (we're just a few) will start using ex-RHcharge to make any special armored (including H2O boost, at least for the biggest part of the animation) his metagame will finally evolve.

We are hype about Rain because we love him, we proud of him. Of course Clayman, Rain is not S tier, A tier, or top midtier, but he isn't that bad at all (not as bad as Scorpion). In my opinion, Rain is like Quanchi : God tier with meter, shit tier without.

You remind me Arcadians :

Btw, jr also said one day that Sheeva wasn't low tier so be carefull to what you can hear.
Ty for ur wall of text, but i know everything about rain, so plz tell this to some scrubs at this subforum, who think rain is top10.
Sheeva is low tier, trust me, kid.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Sheeva is low tier, trust me, kid.
Cdjr isn't a kid anymore :/

And if some people believe Rain is top 10 why would they been scrubs for saying that (wrong or not) ? Who's the fucking kid dude ?..... insulting for a damn video game.. Your brain should be buffed.

Clayman

Cdjr isn't a kid anymore :/

And if some people believe Rain is top 10 why would they been scrubs for saying that (wrong or not) ? Who's the fucking kid dude ?..... insulting for a damn video game.. Your brain should be buffed.
U r the kid, not cdjr. Cuz u think like a kid and talk like a kid. Grow up and level up ur game, kid.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Ok, sorry then.