What's new

General/Other Rain Hard to use online, when there's lag about..

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
I think some of you guys gave up too early.

I had the initial problem of not being able to land 1,2,4,(dash) 1,2,4, (dash), 4,3, water-ball due to the lag as well. But after practice, you adjust to the awkward timing. I still drop it here and there, but lately ive been landing it more recently. Be sure to use negative-edge to your advantage after 4,3.

Obviously, getting used to online timing isnt a good thing... so make sure you still practice it in an offline setting as well.

Subby

Frost Warrior
I think some of you guys gave up too early.

I had the initial problem of not being able to land 1,2,4,(dash) 1,2,4, (dash), 4,3, water-ball due to the lag as well. But after practice, you adjust to the awkward timing. I still drop it here and there, but lately ive been landing it more recently. Be sure to use negative-edge to your advantage after 4,3.

Obviously, getting used to online timing isnt a good thing... so make sure you still practice it in an offline setting as well.
I find it amazing people can't pull off a simple 3 hit combo dash. Thats basically Liu Kang right there!

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I find it amazing people can't pull off a simple 3 hit combo dash. Thats basically Liu Kang right there!
its more of a KOTH thing. If you just have two people playing you never have that long delay. but in KOTH someone will join with a shitty connection and it will lag the server, its just part of it. and yes... rain is frustration online because you get so few opportunities to open up an opponent and when you... you have to capitalize on it.
I tend to use him only in 1v1.

btw, the 12f4 has a rather strict timing to be abel to combo twice and then land the last 12 into lightening. so online its a pain at times.

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
Ok I'm getting really pissed off, I can't do wakeup attacks with Rain online, it just never happens I try EX Roundhouse and nothing comes out and sometimes I'm even blocking low when I do it, I do the move fine when I'm standing up but the wakeup never comes. It is getting me really pissed off

ApocalypseUK

I Will Kill You For Sport.
Ok I'm getting really pissed off, I can't do wakeup attacks with Rain online, it just never happens I try EX Roundhouse and nothing comes out and sometimes I'm even blocking low when I do it, I do the move fine when I'm standing up but the wakeup never comes. It is getting me really pissed off
Never tried using roundhouse as a wake up for Rain, i mainly use the straight up double feet in air for wake up i think not fully sure of top of my head but its *down*back* A* (i think) but sometimes for me that doesnt work for me either so i sometimes use the EX version of it and 95% that works alot better for me.

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
Never tried using roundhouse as a wake up for Rain, i mainly use the straight up double feet in air for wake up i think not fully sure of top of my head but its *down*back* A* (i think) but sometimes for me that doesnt work for me either so i sometimes use the EX version of it and 95% that works alot better for me.
It is just online being stupid like always

All of the characters are hard to play online. Online has been making me rage these days. Sure, it never SEEMS laggy... until you're dropping combos everywhere.