What's new

General/Other Rain Hard to use online, when there's lag about..

ApocalypseUK

I Will Kill You For Sport.
TBH, I never touch online unless it's with friends who have good connections.
just wondering but how are you supposed to improve your game or play when you never play online? also if you dont live close to a tourny place either how are you going to practice against a realistic approach to the game. Because i know that if i played offline only then went to a tourny i would loss no doubt straight away because AI played is completely different to actually playing someone online, i know you play with your friends and othera that play offline do this also, because i thought playing offline didnt teach you properly? im not having ago ive just always wondered about this? so thought id ask it :)

Jamison

Noob
just wondering but how are you supposed to improve your game or play when you never play online? also if you dont live close to a tourny place either how are you going to practice against a realistic approach to the game. Because i know that if i played offline only then went to a tourny i would loss no doubt straight away because AI played is completely different to actually playing someone online, i know you play with your friends and othera that play offline do this also, because i thought playing offline didnt teach you properly? im not having ago ive just always wondered about this? so thought id ask it :)
Yep I agree. Even if you play friends consistently offline at some point the matchups become knowing what each others tricks and styles are. Which leaves online which is a good place to find lots of variety, but then leaves the possible lag issue, although recently I discovered if you pick the guys that have TONS of wins I have found their connection rocks. However, the guys that have TONS of wins normally equals TONS of losses for me. So ultimately my ONLY place to get truly better is online and keep battling it out with the TONS of wins crew. I find online is a good environment, but lacks TRUE rating of connection speed. Desync is nonexistent now and I just wish they could give us a TRUE rating of each others connection speed instead of everyone having maxed out 4 bars. With better connection selection Skarlet and Rain become viable again. IMO if you can find players with great connection speed, online becomes an execellent environment to get to the next level of play. Til then Rain has to be sideboarded for more efficient online characters, which is too bad, because I feel online would really open up if connection was addressed and we would start seeing characters once plagued by online shine.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I dont see it, his combos arent exactly complicated and his moves are fast enough. Hes easier than some1 like kitana or stryker

ApocalypseUK

Yep I agree. Even if you play friends consistently offline at some point the matchups become knowing what each others tricks and styles are. Which leaves online which is a good place to find lots of variety, but then leaves the possible lag issue, although recently I discovered if you pick the guys that have TONS of wins I have found their connection rocks. However, the guys that have TONS of wins normally equals TONS of losses for me. So ultimately my ONLY place to get truly better is online and keep battling it out with the TONS of wins crew. I find online is a good environment, but lacks TRUE rating of connection speed. Desync is nonexistent now and I just wish they could give us a TRUE rating of each others connection speed instead of everyone having maxed out 4 bars. With better connection selection Skarlet and Rain become viable again. IMO if you can find players with great connection speed, online becomes an execellent environment to get to the next level of play. Til then Rain has to be sideboarded for more efficient online characters, which is too bad, because I feel online would really open up if connection was addressed and we would start seeing characters once plagued by online shine.
Yeh thats spot on to be honest

I dont see it, his combos arent exactly complicated and his moves are fast enough. Hes easier than some1 like kitana or stryker
thats because your a machine lol nerr just some moves in laggy games dont feel like they work or as if your controller feels broken? might have to look into my controller actually :p
but its most likely im just trying to do combos that require to much timing perhaps i should stick to combos that dont relie on timing so much.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Online is where all the fun is though!
I want it to be but it's just too frustrating :(

I don't mind losing if I'm genuinely bested by someone and I don't care about stats; I'm a really good sport. My gross MK online stats are actually pretty awesome. I just get furious when I'm robbed of multiple victories in a row because of lag.

Also, online gives you bad habits and messes with your offline timing as well.

I'll never learn this character properly. I can only play online since my local community consists of Me and another guy. Also even in seemly lagless situations there is just enough to make me drop easy bubble combos.

Hell, I even play one of my buds online and he lives in the next town over and the lag still causes me to drop combos.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Totally AGREE!! Online OMG Rain is such a pain to use, compared to offline....the slightest delay will fuck up his combos and it's so annoying. He's fun and tricky but can't be played in any delay or lag sadly...some characters benefit from it, others suffer.

Kwon

---->----
I'd say if A Foxy Grandpa can do it, so could we! (hypothetically speaking) :)

Have you seen how Foxy Gramps use Rain? It's a work of art!

it is a work of art watching him and that cyrax and sektor friends of his. Man they were good on the stream the other day. I could watch that all day.

I guess I must be not affected lol because I do my combos, I might have to speed them up because of lag but I for most of the time can do my bnbs.

ApocalypseUK

Yeh just seems will have to try practice through the lagg because i really want to learn Rain but im not letting lagg/delays let me down. :weightlifter:

ApocalypseUK

I pulled off my 60% combo online, after round 1 was over haha
Arhh nice, do you have a link or anything to what the 60% combo one is? is it the one were you bubble them put them above you then uppercut and then combo after the uppercut? if you get me :)

I would have no problem if adjusting if lag was consistent. Problem is, it isnt. And drop inputs happen.
Yeh i agree witch is anoying :S

I got 2 good combos on YouTube. Just type in rickjames420666 and they should come up. But yes, I got a combo sorta like that. That's a 71% tho

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11

Well, in terms of adapting, skill etc I agree but disagree in the respect that everyone has different connection experiences online lol....

Talyn

The Mad_Hattr
Also, online gives you bad habits and messes with your offline timing as well.
TOTALLY agree man! Ihate it when i play online for a while, then try to play a buddy offline, It takes me at least 2-3 matches to get my timing back!

But, I love playing Rain, so.... I guess I'm a glutton for punishment :p

When I play it's with friends both offline and online. So it's not like I never ever play online, just don't play randoms as often as I used to. I don't play ladder a whole lot, only when I'm trying out a new character and just want to try very basic things out.

If you don't have anyone to play with offline you are kinda screwed. Playing online is not the same as offline against a person.

ApocalypseUK

When I play it's with friends both offline and online. So it's not like I never ever play online, just don't play randoms as often as I used to. I don't play ladder a whole lot, only when I'm trying out a new character and just want to try very basic things out.

If you don't have anyone to play with offline you are kinda screwed. Playing online is not the same as offline against a person.
Arhh i see, well looks like im screwed then :p but thanks for the input though :)

I got 2 good combos on YouTube. Just type in rickjames420666 and they should come up. But yes, I got a combo sorta like that. That's a 71% tho
and hey man had a quick look at your combo's there pretty good but im trying to look out for relatively decent combo's that dont relie on using the EX damage boost. but other then that there pretty good :)

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Having problems as well.
My inputs would drop or it wouldnt confirm my string or work as i want to or negative edge
Guessing Rain is goin to be like a scarlet Skillfully play only offline :/
But he just came out, guessin we will have to adjust or do simpler combos
Challenge me online and I'll play Skarlet skillfully vs you no problem - GT is aNinj on XBL

As for people complaining about lag - you realize that when you have lag you need to determine internally how bad that lag is (.1-2 second delay, .5, 1 sec?) and adjust your inputs accordingly. Obviously 1 second lag is terrible, but you hopefully understand my larger point. You can't input at the same speed you would offline when playing online, you have to delay it to adjust.

ApocalypseUK

Challenge me online and I'll play Skarlet skillfully vs you no problem - GT is aNinj on XBL

As for people complaining about lag - you realize that when you have lag you need to determine internally how bad that lag is (.1-2 second delay, .5, 1 sec?) and adjust your inputs accordingly. Obviously 1 second lag is terrible, but you hopefully understand my larger point. You can't input at the same speed you would offline when playing online, you have to delay it to adjust.
I understand your point here about delaying to adjust and stuff but by the time you have adjusted yourself to actually get your combo's to land on the other person, the match is properly ended and then on the next match your then finding yourself having to adjust again and its like being a broken record. If this makes sence? at the end of the day they need to stop DLC content so badly and just sort the lagg issues out and then worry about more DLC after to be honest.

Subby

Frost Warrior
I must the only one in the community who never experiances lag on this game. I havent lagged since the day before the patch that fixed ranked matches and the sort.

I had to drop rain because the only time I can actually land his full combos is offline. The sad thing is I have no local community unless I travel across the state (which I refuse to do) I have to practice all my characters online.

Besides Rain is so hard to open people up. I mean I have can't cancel RH after 4 3 online, that's too way too hard, offline I can do it but online I might as well put the controller down because Rain is so unsafe.