What's new

Rain General Discussion

My favorite Rain combo was Rain/Jax until they nerfed ground pound. Then Stryker because he gets crazy damage using water beam cancels while in hitstun from G-Nades giving rain 40% midscreen with 211/F3/F21/11 and a bunch of damage in corner. But he loses the HTB whirlpool setups and gains very strong frametrap pressure that's essentially OS

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
My favorite Rain combo was Rain/Jax until they nerfed ground pound. Then Stryker because he gets crazy damage using water beam cancels while in hitstun from G-Nades giving rain 40% midscreen with 211/F3/F21/11 and a bunch of damage in corner. But he loses the HTB whirlpool setups and gains very strong frametrap pressure that's essentially OS
Yeah my next learn will be Stryker for sure. I’m sure you made vids on all that stuff, I will be checking it out

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The confluence beam and teleport aspects of the portal aren't too useful, but the recovery and meter build is quite insane. They have there uses in matches ups like Peacemaker, confluence beam is one of the few things that hits force field. Teleport can be fun in the corner but nothing scary so far. We should all be doing more portals in general for meter build alone though. It's great at all ranges too. Full screen it's meter build city, mid screen you can do portal and look for a jump or advance, and in pressure most people can't react to a portal in time to counterpoke right now

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Rotha or whatever that dudes name is on r1p's arena uses portals all the time and it looks super dope.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Rain's having a high hitting S3 is unsurprising but it has to be one of the most misleading animations for a normal in fighting game history

LEGEND

YES!
So what are the current best Kameo options for Rain?

I saw some discussion on here about it but it's all a few months back. Currently using Scorpion but Jax looks pretty good as well.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
So what are the current best Kameo options for Rain?

I saw some discussion on here about it but it's all a few months back. Currently using Scorpion but Jax looks pretty good as well.
I want to know the answer as well, want to pick him up - I feel like I see Stryker or Sub the most in KL, Sub doesn't seem super real though and I personally almost never get caught by the HTB setup. I'm starting to see some Cyrax as well since net just naturally combos from b3.

LEGEND

YES!
I want to know the answer as well, want to pick him up - I feel like I see Stryker or Sub the most in KL, Sub doesn't seem super real though and I personally almost never get caught by the HTB setup. I'm starting to see some Cyrax as well since net just naturally combos from b3.
After playing with Cyrax alot yesterday, let me tell you, do NOT go for the B3 net combo outside of a direct punish.

You'll try and wiff punish a button with B3 -> Bf1 (cancel), B3 -> Net and the Net won't link due to the travel time. This link only works close up, in the normal range of B3, not as a punish for any wiffed button. You need to go straight into B34 after a canceled B3. Happened to me so many times yesterday. So frustrating.

After two days playing the character, it feels like his AA options kind suck? and anything punishable that's outside of B3 or F1 range still goes unchecked. So he can get abused by otherwise risky moves.

Still lost on what Kameo to play. Cyrax is ok due to throw combos and punish damage. The meter drain from Net is insanely broken. I feel like you miss out on lots of little conversion that Scorpion is able to pick up though. Stryker seems boring but could help his neutral. I agree that Sub doesn't feel real, more of a counter pick to zoning matchups maybe.