What's new

Raiden's Fatalities, Brutalities and Krushing Blows

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
Figured I'd make a post consolidating all the known Fatals, Brutals and KB's known and found so far.

Fatalities:
Alternating Current (Mid): B,D,B,1
Direct Current (Close): D,F,B,3

Brutalities:
The Klassic
: D+2(hold) - Do not block during the final round, must hit standing opponent (not anti-air or juggle).

Zap Zap: F+throw (press 1 and 2 rapidly during throw)

Pushing Through: Land a 3 hit combo that ends with Jo Push.
  • Final hit must hit standing opponent only (no aerial juggles)
  • This is accomplished by leading in with a jump in punch, then a 2 hit combo into Jo Push

God's Wrath: B,F+3 Amplified Super Bolt
  • Perform a Mercy
  • Get final hit from Amplified Super Bolt (b,f+3,R1) while holding Down input
  • Unlocked in the Krypt

Karma: Final hit must come from Lightning Strike (d,f+2, any input, any range BUT close)
  • Final hit must hit standing opponent only (no aerial juggles)
  • Final hit must hit opponent at any range other than close (outside of jab range)
  • Unlocked in the 4th round/platform of the Raiden Character Tower

Planted: Land an amplified Electric Fly as the final hit
  • Perform 3 Electric Fly's (b,f+3) in Final Round (they do not have to hit the opponent).
  • Land the final hit with an Amplified Electric Fly while holding the Down input.
  • The Brutality can be performed on the 3rd Electric Fly.
  • Does NOT require to be part of a combo. Raw b,f+3, amp, hold Down works.
  • Cancelled Electric Fly's (b,f+3~hold, down down) DO count toward the 3 required in the round.
  • Unlocked in the Krypt.

Elder Storm Strike: Final Hit from throw/back throw (L1/B+L1)
  • Must perform Quick Charge first (d,b+3).
  • Note: Quick Charge does NOT have to be "fully charged" (block 3 attacks) to enable this brutality.
  • Press and hold L1/B+L1 as final hit of the round.
  • Unlocked in the Krypt.

Brutal Bolt: B,F+1 final hit (any range outside of close)
  • Be under 30% health
  • Get final hit with Lightning Bolt (B,F+1)
  • Final hit must hit opponent at any range other than close (outside of jab range)
  • Unlocked in the 2nd round/platform of the Raiden Character Tower.
  • No other requirements unlike the description says (no Mercy no Quick Charge).

Krushing Blows:
D+2
- counters or punishes a high attack
B+2 - Perform twice in a row. Only the 2nd hit has to land both times (You can jump between B+2's but nothing else: no normals or specials)
  • You can even miss the 2nd B+2 entirely and simply try again, and the KB will connect. (ex: B+2 hits, B+2 whiffs, B+2 hits = KB)
  • You can also block or get hit between B+2's, as long you dont do any normals or specials between B+2's
  • You can even finish a round with the first B+2, and the KB will still go off in the next round if your next move is B+2
F+throw - opponent has to fail their previous throw escape attempt
1,2,1 - must land as a punish (as in immediate punish after blocking. IE: can't be used to end a combo punish with another starter)
B,F+3, amplify (Electric Fly) - must land from full screen/max distance (same for air version)
B,F+3[hold] (Super Bolt) - must fully charge it and it must land as a kounter or punish AND must be Amplified

That's all I have for now. If you find errors or new Brutals/KB's please post in this thread or message me and I'll update this post.

* Note: Some of these are based on the in game descriptions. It seems they are not 100% accurate so I will correct them when they are confirmed.

Last edited:
Do you need to unlock the brutalities to use them? I feel like the only usable KB is B2, 121 has terrible range to punish with imo, but I’m new to the game so I’m looking for tips on how to use the others!

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
That's a good question. I normally would say yes you need to unlock first, but the AI controlling my Raiden in tower batlles used Brutal Bolt out of nowhere and it surprised me. Unfortunately I can't repeat it, and someone has said recently that even the in game tool tip is wrong. It seems to be wrong for a few Brutals actually.

So I'm leaning towards you should be able to perform brutals without unlocking, it's just their conditions in the tool tips are wrong.

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
The AI just hit me with a Lightning Strike Brutality (the d,f+2 diagonal strike from above). Interesting.

Last edited:
So here's the description for Brutal Bolt:
  • Must have charged up Quick Charge
  • A Mercy must have been performed
  • Final hit must come from Lightning Bolt
and the input is for SUPER BOLT, bf3 amplified.
The brief description in the Kustomization menu also states that it is for Super Bolt, but that is mentioned nowhere in the actual move list.

So naturally I have no idea how to actually do this brutality, nor can I get God's Wrath to work either (although I think this one is the real Super Bolt one).

Edit: Okay, so God's Wrath is the one that requires a Mercy as I've just managed to do it for the first time after performing one. Win, do a Mercy, then get the last hit with the amped portion of Super Bolt while holding Down.
I so far I am unable to make this work without a Mercy.

Last edited:

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
For brutal bolt does that mean Quick Charge has to be "fully" charged (block 3 times) or just have the buff active?

I have God's Wrath unlocked and cannot get the brutal to work in VS testing. The move descriptions are definitely off, as God's Wrath description says nothing about a Mercy. Hope they fix this soon.

Updated the OP

Pushing Through
  • Land a 3 hit combo that ends with Jo Push
  • Final hit must be dealt by Jo Push
What it fails to mention is that the opponent must remain standing for this to work, meaning you pretty much have to use a jump in punch and then any two-hit string that doesn't knock them off their feet.
b12
f11

Then cancel into Jo Push for the final and 4th hit.

There is also an Electric Fly brutality, and all I can tell about it (based on the AI using it) is it requires an aerial superman from a juggle, so a jump kick. Whatever else that needs to be input during that is anyone's guess.

Btw, I think you should be extra clear that the final hit of God's Wrath needs to be from the amped part of the damage, not the flying punch.

KCJ506

Noob
Is the requirement that's listed for the Elder Storm Strike brutality accurate? Because I've unlocked it and I've tried doing it several times and it won't work.

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
Is the requirement that's listed for the Elder Storm Strike brutality accurate? Because I've unlocked it and I've tried doing it several times and it won't work.
So far it is not. That's why I put an * before the move to note that it's not confirmed. I wasn't able to pull it off either.

When they say "back throw" they do mean B+L1(Throw) right? Not throw them when they're facing the wrong way? It would be kinda nuts if it was the latter.

So yeah it's yet another (one of 2 or 3) brutality with the wrong conditions listed in the move list. If you find out what the real input is let me know.

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
Updated OP: Found the Electric Fly brutality mentioned earlier. It's called "Planted". Added to brutality section.

Seems brutal bolt still has a typo, saying b,f+3 when it's b,f+1.

Currently recording all brutalities as I unlock them. So far I've found that although Brutal bolt has a typo, the descriptions for Planted and Pushing thru are accurate (esp the part of being a 4 hit combo against standing opponent).

Also just got the KB from Super Bolt off a combo somehow. Gonna test that further
He must have been in the first frame of an attack so we couldn't see it. I see the Kounter pop up now

Gonna post up these videos today once I get them recorded

Last edited:

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Saw on YT that you might have to activate quick charge in order for the back throw brutality to work. So that’s another brutality I can’t do in Thunder Wave :(

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
Saw on YT that you might have to activate quick charge in order for the back throw brutality to work. So that’s another brutality I can’t do in Thunder Wave :(
Thanks for this. I Just confirmed it. Much appreciated.

Added to the OP.

All that is left is Brutal Bolt now, which I still cannot get to work. Back to the lab

Last edited:
i accidentally got the lightning strike brutality today, im sure it was fullscreen without a combo. no mercy was involved, otherwise i have no clue about the conditions.

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
i accidentally got the lightning strike brutality today, im sure it was fullscreen without a combo. no mercy was involved, otherwise i have no clue about the conditions.
Holy crap you're right. I just did it the first try in vs mode. I even checked to make sure quick charge wasn't active. AND I had less than 100% health. Looks like any Lightning Strike as the final hit on a standing opponent = brutality. Close, mid, or far. Just a few days ago I had to combo into it to make it work....
Yikes, how did they mess up the instructions for SO many brutalities?
I'm starting to think they are messing around with the "tweak_VARs" they were talking about in the kombat kast. They are modifying the properties through the always online connection based on feedback. I know they can mess with frame data this way.

Crazy. Thanks Kab, gonna update the OP.

EDIT -- Found this video uploaded about 8 hours ago. Shows him performing it and the description says the same as the in-game description. Mercy, quick charge, final hit LB.
Yet if you watch closely - the Raiden performing the bolt isn't quick charged? Also... why does he lose his own hat in the animation??? LOL

Last edited:
I'm starting to think they are messing around with the "tweak_VARs" they were talking about in the kombat kast. They are modifying the properties through the always online connection based on feedback. I know they can mess with frame data this way.
While I think you're probably right, that doesn't explain why Brutal Bolt is telling me I need Super Bolt for a Lightning Bolt brutality.

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
I think updates to the game text require actual patches being pushed, and those cost $$$ every time they do one. They're probably just gathering data right now so they can fix as many typos as possible in future patch(es).

• Must be a far distance away (false, they can be anywhere a lightning strike can hit)
  • Final hit must come from Lightning Strike (df2, enemy must be on the ground)
Works. Found in Raiden's character tower 4.

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
God dammit i think NRS keeps changing the conditions. The one for Karma/LS is now on its 3rd iteration in 2 days.

First it required a small combo on a standing opponent.
Then it didn't require anything. Just be killing blow.
And now low life and possibly at a distance?

NRS really pissin me off now lol.
After the patch, I can no longer get the brutality just be having it be a final hit. So yeah, its changed again.

Something like that. Its not only Raiden who has the wrong brutalities descriptions. Geras sand that fatality says you need to be below 30 percent life to perform it. That is not true, you can do it with full health. Quick sand doesnt work as described either. Alot of people cant do kotal kahns fatality. Sonya Blade's is also not working as described. New patch didnt address any of that.

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
At this point I can replicate all of his brutals but Brutal Bolt and Karma now. I have Brutal bolt officially unlocked too, if that matters. Not sure what the deal is.