What's new

Raiden looks incredible in MK11

JDM

Noob
We have almost the exact same opinion. Like, down to the exact detail. Fucking weird. MK2 was pretty much the only game I touched him in seriously. It's like I wrote this post, im weirded out mang.

But yeah I'm hype for him! I don't know if I'll main him but damn he looks so awesome.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
It's like I wrote this post, im weirded out mang.
Do you remember saying or hearing anything along the lines of "First rule of fighting games club is - you do not talk about fighting games club" recently?

During the Sonic Fox vs Rewind exhibition, Rewind performs the float in the corner and does a Superman out of it. I think he has several options out of it. It would be sick if it worked a bit like Spectral Ermac as far as combos, although it looks like the startup might be too slow to work into juggles.
That's just the startup for superman now. The actual float stance is different, and Rewind couldn't have used it since he had Sparkport, and those abilities conflict. (same input, 2 slots)

but then again his fatalities usually are pretty bad.
Tell me about it, also I find his Fatal Blow to be really underwhelming. Everywhere else he's a complete badass, though.
So here's hoping some of his other fatalities are sick.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I think this is the best Raiden we've ever seen, his brutalities are better than his current fatality but then again his fatalities usually are pretty bad.
Start at 3:40 for Raiden
Yeah, his fatality is somewhat...meh. Which is sad, because he's supposed to be this powerful thunder god, and yet he never has any real impressive lightning fatalities. Like going full on Emperor Palpatine on someone until they're a charred mess would be nice to see ^^

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm loving the looks he'll have as well as finally some fresh moves and not that cliche shocker. I get it's a classic move since MK 2 but wasn't always a fan of it in certain MK's. I like now how he actually utilizes his powers like an actual God of Thunder and Lightning, using it in more creative and direct ways ie lightning bolts from the sky, controlling people with it, using stun electric bubbles, flying into the sky and shooting it downward etc, etc. Totally maining him this time around.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
So I like everything about his visuals except his face. Mostly for the reason that I swear it looks just like inj2 Superman, imo.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think he looks a lot older than Superman's face if you look at the detail, the only thing similar honestly to me are the glowing red eyes but Raiden's eyes are always glowing being a God and all.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I'm really hoping that electric light saber Raiden used to decapitate Shinnok in the prologue is part of one of his variations. Shit looked sick and the thought of Raiden using electric constructs is really fucking cool.

Now...all he needs is a grey beard.
I'm so down for a bearded Raiden xD

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Easily the best he's ever looked. His cloth costumes finally make sense and feel right, his dark armored costumes look menacing, his animations are sick. I'm almost tempted to give him a try.