What's new

Question Raiden grab setups

CYracks

Command Grabber
So I've been playing Raiden alot more lately. And it seems like you should be grabbing like 24/7.
B+3 into grab and D+3 into grab are working for me. Are there any other grab setups that are really good?

4x4lo8o

Noob
B31 is good for grab set ups.

F23 is good as well. It's neutral and f23~vb jails so you can mix them up between that and throw. F23~teleport followed by throw also works a lot

D4 is also a guaranteed throw attempt on hit and you can go for a throw or a jip after vb on hit as well

CYracks

Command Grabber
B31 is good for grab set ups.

F23 is good as well. It's neutral and f23~vb jails so you can mix them up between that and throw. F23~teleport followed by throw also works a lot

D4 is also a guaranteed throw attempt on hit and you can go for a throw or a jip after vb on hit as well
Can't they duck VB after f23?

CYracks

Command Grabber
Nope. It'll jail them standing, so you're good as long as they aren't crouching when f2 hits. Same with 22 and b2f1. Just don't try it on Reptile
Couldn't you throw after F2? Since F2 is 0 on block they should try and block the 3 afterwards.

I've been checking the frame data and it SEEMS severely underrated. Since its all uninterruptible.
Yeah, well, it's also good because you're going to be using F2,4 so much, so people tend not to expect F2>grab. It seems weird timing every time I try to do it, even though it is even on block. The animation just looks weird.

CYracks

Command Grabber
Yeah, well, it's also good because you're going to be using F2,4 so much, so people tend not to expect F2>grab. It seems weird timing every time I try to do it, even though it is even on block. The animation just looks weird.
It looks weird to me to, but i just tried it with someone and they said they couldn't see it coming... It doesn't make sense that B1 into grab would look better and its like -9 on block. I think it has to do with the animation your character is in before you do something. Whatever MK9...

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
u know what also works, and it works a lot as well. just like the stutter b3 ibto b312 do f2 stuuter into f24. people always tend to let go off block thinking you stoped the string to grab and they get hit with f24 and that s a 22% with superman

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I land allot of grabs forms B3 on hit and block, from 121 on block, from general JIP's, after d4 on hit, and after a teleport when the last hit of 1212 hits.

B W1zZ

Noob
Generally anything 0 or close to 0 on block can be used as a grab setup. 121 is alright since it's only -1 on block. I find a blocked JIP into a stand 2/throw makes for a good tick throw, or D3.

D3
F2
F23
D4 (on hit)
F4
B3

All viable options imo

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
What bwizz said. Other than that, throw after blocked jip to close out a round is the only thing that hasn't been mentioned yet. But that's common sense.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
So I've been playing Raiden alot more lately. And it seems like you should be grabbing like 24/7.
B+3 into grab and D+3 into grab are working for me. Are there any other grab setups that are really good?
haha,completely agree man,raiden is all about grabs.ive been trying as hard as fuck to get better with raiden but with no results,ive really got to stop thowing supermans out.i feel like i play ok until i lose the life lead then im just fucking stupid.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
you are right,these two traps are awesome,the only problem is that at b-3 is so obvious even kenshi can see it!!!!!!!!!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Nope. It'll jail them standing, so you're good as long as they aren't crouching when f2 hits. Same with 22 and b2f1. Just don't try it on Reptile
I'm not so sure... a lot of times on 22 VB (I use it a lot) VB will whiff on certain characters, even if they are standing. Like Skarlet for example.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
B31 on hit if you fail to hit confirm. You shouldn't fail... but coming out of an ex tele, I fail every now and then and throw always works.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I'm not so sure... a lot of times on 22 VB (I use it a lot) VB will whiff on certain characters, even if they are standing. Like Skarlet for example.
That's just because Vicinity Blast has a goofy hitbox. 22 does jail standing, but vb just doesn't work on some characters
http://testyourmight.com/threads/vicinity-blast-hitbox.26533/

Which reminds me that I need to update that thread. Sometimes in the corner it whiffs when it would connect midscreen