What's new

Raiden General Discussion

just found out that raiden is screwed against baraka because he cant armor through the gap in df2. he gets a trade with baraka left +. this needs to be adressed in a patch.

Last edited:

Shawi

Noob
Has anyone noticed that a blocked df2 has different block advantages depending on whether it’s crouch blocked or stand blocked?

Shawi

Noob
Also, is there a bug with cancelling 2421? It doesn’t work with ex teleport for some reason, I always get the standard teleport. I’m trying to react to the opponent stand blocking the 2421 by going into the fast low exTele.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Sorry Raidenbros but for the first time since I joined 8 years ago I'm leaving my post as a Raiden enthusiast, I don't really vibe with him in this game. Converting to a Reiko shill

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Is there a point in playing another Kameo besides Jax? Strongly considering Raiden/Kano or Raiden/Goro but feel like Im giving up so much damage

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Is there a point in playing another Kameo besides Jax? Strongly considering Raiden/Kano or Raiden/Goro but feel like Im giving up so much damage
I think Cyrax is probably better. You can just spam DB3 and it gives you safe chip and on hit you even get combos. You can even convert off B2 with Cyrax ambush. With the net stun being so goddamn long you can leisurely tp in and then wait a bit to recharge more kameo meter before going into a full combo.

xRantex

Rante Inferno
Just won a set with Raiden/Goro :D Toss 50/50 from F4 or f22 toss . 12 toss punish into f34, f22, df2mb, 4, df2 35%. I be throwing out storm cell randomly whenever I think they're gonna jump. I like how the cell pulls them in, Goro assist to keep safe. Then apply pressure.

xRantex

Rante Inferno
Fought a Kung Lao and at the end of round Raiden says:

"Looks like you're going to be the one buying dinner." LOL I thought that was hilarious and a cool nod to the story, the fight got intense after that but I won :) lol

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
I'm playing Scorpion, just for damage. ~47% with one bar/one cameo from any button. But RN I'm thinking about Sareena, she has less damage but better meterless damage (around 38%) and you summon her at the beggining of the combo so when you're finished with the combo you already have about 60% of spent cameo bar back.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Any Raiden player can give me any ideas on how to counter what I am about to describe?

I just fought a (very toxic teabagging) Raiden who would just to 2124, cell storm (whatever the safe chip lightning move is) into jax ground pound. No matter WHAT I did, the ground pound would hit us both, but he would take minimum damage, while I took full damage, and he got fast enough to be able to poke me into another cell storm. Rinse and repeat.

For.
The.
Whole.
Game.

In neutral, he would throw out some f4, 3 into cell storm (on block) and repeat the above setup, or if it hit, of course I would be eating 50% damage. Mix that with the occasional throw, some zoning if full screen, and 212 stagger.

Even with Baraka Cyrax, there is just no counterplay I have found. My moves are unsafe or do less chip, I have worse zoning and no way to get in.

Any Raiden player can give me any ideas on how to counter what I am about to describe?

I just fought a (very toxic teabagging) Raiden who would just to 2124, cell storm (whatever the safe chip lightning move is) into jax ground pound. No matter WHAT I did, the ground pound would hit us both, but he would take minimum damage, while I took full damage, and he got fast enough to be able to poke me into another cell storm. Rinse and repeat.

For.
The.
Whole.
Game.

In neutral, he would throw out some f4, 3 into cell storm (on block) and repeat the above setup, or if it hit, of course I would be eating 50% damage. Mix that with the occasional throw, some zoning if full screen, and 212 stagger.

Even with Baraka Cyrax, there is just no counterplay I have found. My moves are unsafe or do less chip, I have worse zoning and no way to get in.
2124 has a gap after 212. the first 2 is a high.
chip lightning (db3) is not safe, its -12, but you need to do a tiny dash-up before any 1xx punish. EN db3 is-24 or sth.
f43 has a gap after it.
if you armor through these things, you should knock away the jax as well or even convert from the opponents knockdown.

in general, raidens sweep range normals are super-slow, like 15 and 18 frames and should easily be stuffed by any of barakas blade attacks. neutral is raidens main weakness.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
2124 has a gap after 212. the first 2 is a high.
chip lightning (db3) is not safe, its -12, but you need to do a tiny dash-up before any 1xx punish. EN db3 is-24 or sth.
f43 has a gap after it.
if you armor through these things, you should knock away the jax as well or even convert from the opponents knockdown.

in general, raidens sweep range normals are super-slow, like 15 and 18 frames and should easily be stuffed by any of barakas blade attacks. neutral is raidens main weakness.
Thats the good stuff. Thanks brotha

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Just posting again to clarify: he timed the jax ground pound to start while cell storm was still active, or just ending the animation, so there was zero way to convert from knockdown.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Just posting again to clarify: he timed the jax ground pound to start while cell storm was still active, or just ending the animation, so there was zero way to convert from knockdown.
He only has two of those pounds to hit you with. IIRC if you crouch block then you get a much lower bounce from the ground pound and you should recover faster

Jax also stays out in the field and lets you do a total of up to 3 pounds if any of them whiff or miss. So sometimes just taking the hit and forcing Jax away from the field might work

xRantex

Rante Inferno
Whew we get big boy damage! :D I love it!

F224, if the 4 connects we get a combo. I got a 30% with Goro. That's an amazing discovery I just found :D

Last edited:
Whew we get big boy damage! :D I love it!

F224, if the 4 connects we get a combo. I got a 30% with Goro. That's a amazing discovery I just found :D
f224, k, f34, f22~ENdf2, then bf3 for positioning or f2,df2 for damage is the bnb.
you can a create straight 50/50 with f22bk (goro throw), dash, f34, f22~ENdf2, ender of choice

the timing for the first kombo to make it launch on hit or plus on block is between the 2nd and 3rd hit of f224, when raiden has drawn back his body the furthest.

xRantex

Rante Inferno
f224, k, f34, f22~ENdf2, then bf3 for positioning or f2,df2 for damage is the bnb.
you can a create straight 50/50 with f22bk (goro throw), dash, f34, f22~ENdf2, ender of choice

the timing for the first kombo to make it launch on hit or plus on block is between the 2nd and 3rd hit of f224, when raiden has drawn back his body the furthest.
Yeah I couldn't get the 4 in f34 to connect so I made up my own combo. Strict timing smh lol

xRantex

Rante Inferno

Ok I just landed it lol seems like you have to go for it pretty early.

Yeah I couldn't get the 4 in f34 to connect so I made up my own combo. Strict timing smh lol
i can only recommend to lab it, its kinda hard to get the timing down, but when you have that its pretty easy. its crucial to have a) the kameo hit at the right moment in combo 1 and b) do an immediate full length dash into f43 in combo 2. my execution is pretty bad but i hit this almost every time now.

i have the suspicion that the game can mess up goros throw though, it feels like he throws them farther in shangs library :confused:, gotta lab that.

xRantex

Rante Inferno
i can only recommend to lab it, its kinda hard to get the timing down, but when you have that its pretty easy. its crucial to have a) the kameo hit at the right moment in combo 1 and b) do an immediate full length dash into f43 in combo 2. my execution is pretty bad but i hit this almost every time now.

i have the suspicion that the game can mess up goros throw though, it feels like he throws them farther in shangs library :confused:, gotta lab that.
It's gonna take me a while to process this lmao

I never knew he could combo off f224 :mindblown:

Makes him even more scary! Raiden/Goro team.

xRantex

Rante Inferno

Definitely have to do the dash lol that helps a lot.