What's new

Raiden General Discussion

I was worried Raiden wasn’t going to have cool outfits. Good thing I was wrong
I am speechless. He is so full off swagger, so many ways to combo, seems to have good normals and punishes. This Raiden is COMPLETE opposite of MK11 Raiden. I wish I had strong enough PC to run this game, I would love to play him. I had a blast with mk11 Raiden, but this is some next level stuff.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
From a first watch of the video:
  • The four hit string seemexcellent for stagger pressure
  • That two hit low string will probably be our best buttons: good for whiff punishing and can low profile wake-up’s
  • We do DAMAGE
  • EX superman is our wakeup
  • teleport seems to recover slowly but will still be a nightmare counter zoning tool
I hope we get a decent anti air but D2 seems reasonably fast

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
My theory is that current Raiden gets his powers from the medallion. I do hope there’s some way we get a dark Raiden skin though. That MK11 design is sick

G-KNOT

Noob
If you're struggling to do his db2 (Razzle Dazzle) with alternate controls on, it actually changes to a half-circle back for no reason. Thought I was losing my mind

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Can't wait to try him out when I get home from work tonight!

So Raiden clearly has damage and corner carry, but does he have sauce? Feels like about half his specials (besides grasp, superman, and his projectile) are kind of without purpose. I was hoping for some saucy setups, traps, etc., but so far not much luck.