What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden General Discussion

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
Anyone has any suggestion for Raiden's Mix-up? Hellfire Scorpion has S3 for a guarantee mix-up F4 or B3 but Raiden I haven't found any moves or special moves that guarantees for a mix-up, I often end combo with B14~Lightning Ball but the opponent can easily poke out if I do B34 or B2...

The trick is to finish this combo like this:

34, F22+4, F12B2F3.

The B2F3 is the combination of the F12B2 and of Superman (BF3).

Good luck.
That's odd. For whatever reason, you can't string together Raiden's f12b2 and his superman if you do f1b2b2 (holding back during the first 2 press) even though the same combo comes out. I'm not sure why this is, but now that I know this, it isn't an issue anymore. Thanks for the help though!

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
That's odd. For whatever reason, you can't string together Raiden's f12b2 and his superman if you do f1b2b2 (holding back during the first 2 press) even though the same combo comes out. I'm not sure why this is, but now that I know this, it isn't an issue anymore. Thanks for the help though!
Holding the B is what does the issue for not combining the superman with this. Just try pressing it just like the BF3.

Anyone has any suggestion for Raiden's Mix-up? Hellfire Scorpion has S3 for a guarantee mix-up F4 or B3 but Raiden I haven't found any moves or special moves that guarantees for a mix-up, I often end combo with B14~Lightning Ball but the opponent can easily poke out if I do B34 or B2...
TG has the best option for this meterlessly with ending a combo in b14<fbrc<21 which guarantees the mix of b32/b34 or b2

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
TG has the best option for this meterlessly with ending a combo in b14<fbrc<21 which guarantees the mix of b32/b34 or b2
Yeah I know TG has his guarantee mix up, I'm asking about Displacer because I can't find anything, I tried to end combo with B14~Lightning Ball but the opponent can easily poke out or using armour attacks before I can B34 or B2. I think Displacer is more about keeping the pressure until the opponent makes mistake by releasing the block button

Yeah I know TG has his guarantee mix up, I'm asking about Displacer because I can't find anything, I tried to end combo with B14~Lightning Ball but the opponent can easily poke out or using armour attacks before I can B34 or B2. I think Displacer is more about keeping the pressure until the opponent makes mistake by releasing the block button
b14<spark doesnt guarantee any mixes. It does however guarantee f1 and b1. If they challenge your f1/b1 they'll get hit, if they challenge your mix you'll get hit. That's the mindgame in that situation. Displacer isnt worried about cornering as much as TG is.

Wigy

There it is...
Found something for thunder god:

Not sure if its already known

If you end in a b14 with enough gravity to land 214 ex db1 then stop it on top of them. There is a small gap where they can armour but it leads to them in blockstun from the bolt with the stopped bolt set up behind them, if you do b2 shocker or b32 it will knock them into it. Its effectively a safe 50/50.

(Corner btw)

You arent plus enough to guarantee the 50/50 but its still plus, with a trap behind them in the corner. If they use any move that pulls their hitbox back they get full punished.

Think the trap going behind them is breathing hitbox dependent, but if it just hits them it jails into small run f1 or b1

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Found something for thunder god:

Not sure if its already known

If you end in a b14 with enough gravity to land 214 ex db1 then stop it on top of them. There is a small gap where they can armour but it leads to them in blockstun from the bolt with the stopped bolt set up behind them, if you do b2 shocker or b32 it will knock them into it. Its effectively a safe 50/50.

(Corner btw)

You arent plus enough to guarantee the 50/50 but its still plus, with a trap behind them in the corner. If they use any move that pulls their hitbox back they get full punished.

Think the trap going behind them is breathing hitbox dependent, but if it just hits them it jails into small run f1 or b1
Nice find. I think this was already discovered a while back though, if not that, something very similar to it. There was a thread about it somewhere on this board.

Wigy

There it is...
Nice find. I think this was already discovered a while back though, if not that, something very similar to it. There was a thread about it somewhere on this board.
I saw one with f12b2 into ex ball behind this is different. I might have just missed that though

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I saw one with f12b2 into ex ball behind this is different. I might have just missed that though
Yea, that's the one I was thinking of. So yours may be a new tech then. Exciting to see new stuff being discovered this late into the game!

Wigy

There it is...
Yea, that's the one I was thinking of. So yours may be a new tech then. Exciting to see new stuff being discovered this late into the game!
Basically. I cant get it to work every time is the issue. You either get jailing plus frames or a safe 50/50.

But there a gap on the safe 50/50

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Any tips on connecting Shocker or F1, 2, B2 after 1, 1, 2, 2 (h) in the corner? I tried doing that yesterday, but I only succeeded two times out of 20 or something like that. What I am doing is I am holding the last 2 and then let go and do D, F 2. I also tried doing the D, F motion while holding the 2, but none of those works well.

Connecting Electric Fly after 1, 1, 2, 2(h) is easy because you can hold the 2 while inputting B, F 3, but with Shocker or F1, 2, B2 you have to let go of the 2.

@Nivek @Aqueous_Echo @Tanno

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
Any tips on connecting Shocker or F1, 2, B2 after 1, 1, 2, 2 (h) in the corner? I tried doing that yesterday, but I only succeeded two times out of 20 or something like that. What I am doing is I am holding the last 2 and then let go and do D, F 2. I also tried doing the D, F motion while holding the 2, but none of those works well.

Connecting Electric Fly after 1, 1, 2, 2(h) is easy because you can hold the 2 while inputting B, F 3, but with Shocker or F1, 2, B2 you have to let go of the 2.

Do the motion(df) during the zaping and release - press 2 again at the end of the zaping.. hope I helped ;)

Tanno

You need to know WHEN the zapping ends. If I remember well (dropped the game some time ago), the last zappings are around 4-5 hits, so the moment the pre-last zap hits, do the DF input before you release and hit the button 2. However, you need to be quite fast.

For B2 into DF2, try this into one input string as if it's a combo string. B2DF2. You need to be way faster in the same manner you do a B2xxLRC, because you want to cancel B2 RIGHT BEFORE the second OH punch comes out. If you play Injustice 2 and play Captain Cold, then you'll know that it's similar to Cold's F23xxDB3.

The same is applied with F1 like B2DF2. It's F1DF2.

The problem would be the 2, because you need to as fast as possible to land the Shocker after the 2. It's 2DF2.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Do the motion(df) during the zaping and release - press 2 again at the end of the zaping.. hope I helped ;)
Thanks, and @Tanno also. I've been trying your tips, but still not having much success. I did get it out twice though. Just gotta keep practicing. I am still loving MKX!

Since I play on stick i did it differently.

If I wanted to end the zaps into shocker (df2) I would buffer it. In other words f12b2(hold)df2. If at anytime u release the *holding of 2* after youve already input f12b2(hold)df2 it will automatically go into shocker so if u react to a hit u simply let go of 2 and itll shock them.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
NjP F2 B14 LRC 214 is actually quite easy. Practice this one first in order to get a feel for the timing of everything and build your muscle memory. I can do this combo online 100% of the time and I've only been playing Raiden for 2 days. (My execution sucks btw).
Thanks so much for this! Following this advice, I was finally able to do LRC today! I know it's super late and most people learned it a long time ago and some are not even playing this game anymore, but I still do and a few months ago I decided to try and learn it. Since then I've been studying various ways of performing LRC (from this forum and YouTube videos) and after trying everything else, today I tried this and amazingly it worked!!! I was so hype when I did it. I couldn't believe my eyes there for a few seconds. After I succeeded the first time, I kept on practicing and did it a few more times.

It seems what helped was the fact that doing the NJP, F2 first makes it so you have a little bit more time to connect an attack, such as 2, 1, 4 for example, after the cancel. Before this what I was trying was B1, 4 ~ LRC ~ 2, 1, 4.

Man, I am hype! On to more practice now and connecting various combos into it.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Since I play on stick i did it differently.

If I wanted to end the zaps into shocker (df2) I would buffer it. In other words f12b2(hold)df2. If at anytime u release the *holding of 2* after youve already input f12b2(hold)df2 it will automatically go into shocker so if u react to a hit u simply let go of 2 and itll shock them.
I was actually asking about following-up 1, 1, 2, 2 (hold) with DF2, not F1, 2, B2.

And I am confused at this, "If at anytime u release the *holding of 2* after youve already input f12b2(hold)df2". In order to input F1, 2, B2 (hold) DF2 you would have to release the 2, right? And if so, does that mean you are saying to release 2 twice? Maybe on a stick that's doable, but I don't know if it's possible on a controller.

Tanno

I was actually asking about following-up 1, 1, 2, 2 (hold) with DF2, not F1, 2, B2.

And I am confused at this, "If at anytime u release the *holding of 2* after youve already input f12b2(hold)df2". In order to input F1, 2, B2 (hold) DF2 you would have to release the 2, right? And if so, does that mean you are saying to release 2 twice? Maybe on a stick that's doable, but I don't know if it's possible on a controller.
It's possible on the controller. You need to release it at the same time you input the destination notation, but, instead of pressing the 2, just release it, and then re-tap the 2.

In the essense it's like:

1, 1, 2, 2(H), DF, 2(R), 2(T).

R = Release
T = Tap
H = Hold

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Displacer question, how do people do f12b2 after b3, 4, db2 in the corner?? It never connects for me.