What's new

"Rage-Quitting" online issue to be addressed on Tuesday w/ Batgirl Release

Xstreme

Help me out of this scrub-hole.
Hopefully now I can actually play a full game. With all the rage-quitting and disconnects due to bad connection, I haven't been able to play an actual ranked match for a while.

I don't understand the rage-quitter mentality. When I get blown up I own the loss. Many times I'll try a rematch or two but, if I'm feeling salty about something, I just move on when the match is over. I still let the other person have the win. Ultimately it's just a video game, the tactics and characters used are part of the game, I would feel like a cheat when I looked at my own record if I rage quit, and nobody cares about anyone else's online record. Being able to get away with it still isn't a reason to be a dick to random people.

nightw0lf

Earthrealm Defender / F23 MAN
I remember these same issues in MK9, specifically, when I used to juggle people all over the screen with Nightwolf. I think getting beat by Nightwolf was the ultimate troll to a salty player in that game - but he was just such an underated character. ANCESTORS GIVE ME STRENGTH!

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I don't understand the rage-quitter mentality. When I get blown up I own the loss. Many times I'll try a rematch or two but, if I'm feeling salty about something, I just move on when the match is over. I still let the other person have the win. Ultimately it's just a video game, the tactics and characters used are part of the game, I would feel like a cheat when I looked at my own record if I rage quit, and nobody cares about anyone else's online record. Being able to get away with it still isn't a reason to be a dick to random people.
Most video games give the rage-quitter the lose. This one is on NRS. I doubt a rage-quitter intentionally wants to give the victor a win. It isn't there fault the glitch exists.

Mentality of a rage-quitter? I think I can speak from the perspective of different games. I don't have anything to say in Injustice because I have never done it...:16Bit

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Clearly you've never worked for a company that makes software.

Shit happens. On the regular.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Clearly, I haven't.

I understand glitches, but I've just never seen this type of thing. I've played many fighting games online, none have ever given you a loss for the other guy quitting. Most of them either give the quitter a loss or just nothing on either end, which I'm also fine with.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Clearly, I haven't.

I understand glitches, but I've just never seen this type of thing. I've played many fighting games online, none have ever given you a loss for the other guy quitting. Most of them either give the quitter a loss or just nothing on either end, which I'm also fine with.
I think the glitch counts both people as quitting. When they disconnect it counts as you disconnecting as well. I am not sure... I just think that is how the glitch works. :16Bit

Dog With A Beer

Bane (noun): a source of harm, ruin or death.
I'm just saying, people out there shouldn't let this kind of stuff get to them. Because... at the end of the day... those stats don't correlate well.
I get what he's saying. Your record isn't a great representation of your "true skill level" as there are numerous ways for crappy people to record pad and plenty of good people who willingly take 5 losses in a row against a better player just to figure out how to get that one win.

Hero card records are best used like rotten tomatoes scores... a good ballpark figure but nothing set in stone or with any real universal meaning. It's a case by case scenario.

Hopefully now I can actually play a full game. With all the rage-quitting and disconnects due to bad connection, I haven't been able to play an actual ranked match for a while.
This.

It isn't the recorded loss that pisses off so many people here as much as the glitch encourages people to quit and not play full games.

At least now everyone has to take their win or loss like a man without the temptation to act like a fool.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I think we that members of the tym community need to keep in mind that we are not the majority playing this game. The majority of people who play this game are people who go online and play for...ready....wait for it......FUN! I know fun isnt a concept we are used to because we all think that we are professionall tournament players. Having said that i think its plain to see that if you only play online and notice this glitch your gonna be pissed and you should be because you are the target audience. Your probly gonna tell your friends about it too who in turn might not buy the game. Personally i dont care about my online stats because i only go online to tryout new characters or work on techniques but i understand the bitching

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I play Superman online so........yeah kinda tired of all the rage quitting, thanks:)

And um......those Bane losses are not correct either.........yeah

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
What about not being able to view your hero card online?
I am with you on this, I have to go into Leaderboards just to view my record, and that still doesnt have as much info as the hero card. And the "go into a KOTH match" trick doesnt work for me, still cant view my own Hero Card in those rooms.

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
Why wasn't this glitch a top priority is what I want to know. I'd be perfectly happy with getting dlc packs late if they just focused on this.

NFI

Kitty Got Wet
I think the rage-quitting situation would be less annoying if Ed Boon never added a option to leave a online game during the match. Honestly, that is giving the rage-quitters a easier time... well quitting. Yes, they still can leave through dashboard. But they would have to take the risk scratching the disc and having to restart the game AGAIN.

Ill confess I rage quit every once I. A while, but sometimes 5 interactibles to the face in one match is too much to handle lol, but I'm glad their fixing that there's no consequences to doing it, it will for sure help I know I won't be doing it anymore lol :)

Check my channel out for combo videos ranked matches montages and more http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

And no I don't type my signature out everytime, im using Tapatalk app lol

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I ragequitted for the first time today, lol. Couldn't take it anymore, online is such trash.

I think we can all agree that the online portion wasnt implemented too well. Its glitchy with a mediocre netcode which makes me feel that aspect of the game was either rushed or wasnt a priority.

I almost rage quitted against a Superman player who continually spammed laser and breath. I SOOOOO wanted to give him the loss for being a bitch, but I decided to be the better man and took the loss. All it did was reaffirm why I hate playing online at all.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
If its not laggy for me at all, but he blames lag, says it was super laggy for him and he couldnt even jump, isnt he lying. Would I have seen some lag too?

some guy just blamed his rage quit on that.