What's new

"Rage-Quitting" online issue to be addressed on Tuesday w/ Batgirl Release

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Give these rage quit babies 5 additional loses.
I didn't rage quit!!! I just saved myself some time and left the match early to find some real talent to play against.. Because all you do is spam!!!!

Hahahahahaahahahaha.. Why stop at 5

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I wonder how fast HATEISMYFUEL will fall on the leaderboards...

Now if I could actually get a match online this would be perfect!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
>Caring about meaningless numbers
>Not caring about actual issues like Mids that whiff on crouchers, unthrowable grounded normals, or block infinites/guaranteed command throw setups that lead to unclashable 50%

Priorities.
Cyborg is being taken care of, according to Paulo.

I hate to be the one to say this but if rage quitting truly bothers you then maybe you should stick to offline play. Lets keep it real there are more important online aspects that need to get addressed before the rage quitting and namely thats the netcode. I think this games great so i personally feel this game deserves better in terms of how it plays online. As far as rank goes and rage quitting you really shouldnt be taking online rank serious anyway ESPECIALLY with this netcode.

On top of that if its not rage quitting its people finding a way to boost there rank online to make themselves seem better than what they really are. I myself get off when someone rage quits because i know i made them so salty that they had to start the game over. Those are also the people i love sending messages to because i already know for a fact there super angry about there loss. Even when the rage quit patch happens people are still going to do it and has it been stated its going to be an automatic win for you?

It could just mean the rage quitter gets punished but you still dont get shit. Im not saying this game has the worst netcode but its 2013 not 2005 so we should have some type of standard when it comes to netcodes for fighting games by now.

Couldn't agree more but be careful saying the netcode sucks around here, you might be labeled a troll or you might have ulterior motives. I don;t think theres a fix for this netcode, it's just badly designed. I think they should fix the ragequit glitch and COMPLETELY REMOVE RECORDS from player matches. What is the point of showing your player match records, isn;t that what ranked matches are for? This would be better and certain players wouldn't feel "pressured" when they come across someone with a "good record", because alot of the time they flat out decline you if your record is "good".

I had someone ragequit on me once or twice.
I started laughing IRL sooo bad. I imagined that person with wide eyes, realizing: "Oh man wait, that dude is too good!" (which I'm not) and jumping to his console in order to turn it off as quickly as he cold.

I LOVE ragequitters.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Personally I think rage quitters should receive a 15 min ban from playing the next game which apparently halo reach does. That would soon stop people.

I don't care about stats but I do care that people benefit from cheating with no down sides.

Just a bit off topic but who the hell designed the 'rooms'? Searching for players is a nightmare! Why can't I filter out players who are:

Already in a game
Have a ping below x

Such simple stuff and yet absent.

Couldn't agree more but be careful saying the netcode sucks around here, you might be labeled a troll or you might have ulterior motives. I don;t think theres a fix for this netcode, it's just badly designed. I think they should fix the ragequit glitch and COMPLETELY REMOVE RECORDS from player matches. What is the point of showing your player match records, isn;t that what ranked matches are for? This would be better and certain players wouldn't feel "pressured" when they come across someone with a "good record", because alot of the time they flat out decline you if your record is "good".
Lol i could give a fuck if they label me a troll for stating something i feel could be improved for the greater of the game and community. Even Art stated it on his Injustice stream a few days ago about how its a joke that certain members on TYM try to defend this netcode. I think they could slightly improve the netcode which has happened before for other fighting games with a new patch but i agree when a netcode is already been implemented theres no making it drastically better.

That is unless you make a new netcode which isnt going to happen. Dont get me wrong ranked matches are fun and its cool to see that number next to your name on the leaderboards. It gives you an incentive to play to see how high you can get in ranked matches but seriously with the netcode the way it currently is certain characters have an advantage over others. Hell that applies with all fighting games online but even more so with that more than noticeable input delay. To label someone a troll because they are complaining about an aspect of the game that would benefit all players who play online sounds pretty damn stupid if you ask me.

I also agree with completely removing records but do you know how many people would be pissed off saying its not fair that everyone be punished. NRS in my opinion fucked up with the online once again and even online for the PS3 version if you run into someone with a wireless connection theres a chance you could get disconnected from them during the character select screen which happens more than it should. You dont want to start to have the reputation of making great games with mediocre netcodes because thats what some people already feel about NRS fighting games.

Hell before i even bought the game i was trying to ask people about how the game played online and i was hearing the game sometimes disconnects. I was like alright but when it doesnt how does it play online? The response i got and still get is well it plays better than MK. Hey im glad it plays better than MK online but thats still not saying much with other fighting games released a few years ago still playing better online than Injustice. Its not going to stop me from playing online because the game is just that damn good and thats why it should play better online. The netcode is the only real complaint i have about this game.

Yea its good that the disconnectors are being punished but im pretty sure the damage is already done because im pretty damn sure some of the current top ranked players are disconnectors. If anything i want all my disconnects to be removed because i take all my losses and regardless of input delay if you beat me then you deserve that win. Just remember though some people will still rage quit if your beating them badly just to deny you a win. Thats online but me personally i just want the best online experience i can get which means the game playing its best online. Thats just me though im more concerned about how well the game plays online oppose to punishing people for something there probably going to do regardless.